PDA

View Full Version : Macs and Cartoons.

Taft
Jul 3, 2002, 09:54 AM
I don't know how many of you are cartoon junkies like I am, but for those of you who are...

Who's seen Courage the Cowardly Dog?? I think its one of the best cartoons since Sliced Bread (you remember that one, don't you??).

Anyway, I don't really have a connection between the show and Macs. Except that Courage has a computer in the show that likes to make fun of him in a kinda creepy voice. Maybe someone here can make the connection for me.

Taft

eyelikeart
Jul 3, 2002, 10:00 AM
not anymore...I barely even watch TV these days...

however...when I was a kid...my favs were:

Flinstones
Scooby Doo
Rocky & Bullwinkle

btw...the Scooby Doo movie...if u grew up liking the cartoon...the movie is pretty lame... :rolleyes:

britboy
Jul 3, 2002, 12:29 PM
Do anime count as cartoons? I guess so really, although that's probably not the direction this thread was intended to take..... :)

job
Jul 3, 2002, 02:09 PM
heh, Courage is the best. I especially like the episode with the alien chickens with blazing red eyes. :D

krossfyter
Jul 3, 2002, 02:17 PM
voltron, transformers, he man, go bots!...

old school toons from my past rock the house.

i miss those times. still have my die cast voltron...put it in a glass case. its a relic of my past. circa 1984.

menoinjun
Jul 3, 2002, 02:22 PM
Cartoons suck. I'd much rather read the sunday comics than watch 30mins of advertising for usless toys.

-Pete

Calvin and Hobbes forever!

krossfyter
Jul 3, 2002, 02:31 PM
yep dont watch cartoons anymore. although i find simpsons funny to watch. but all in all...im mostly watching the news or music videos. ...if i watch tv at all.

VOLTRON OWNS!

job
Jul 3, 2002, 02:50 PM
never mind. i tried posting some calvin and hobbes animanted gifs. seems i cant. i cant even delete my own posts. :rolleyes:

krossfyter
Jul 3, 2002, 02:58 PM

Taft
Jul 3, 2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by ptrauber
Cartoons suck. I'd much rather read the sunday comics than watch 30mins of advertising for usless toys.

-Pete

Calvin and Hobbes forever!

What fargin' cartoons are you watching??? Pikimon or what ever the heck they call them???

Just like every other network show, network cartoons pander to ratings and advertisers. The cartoon network is where its at these days. Not only do they play classic cartoons like WB (bugs, daffy, etc., etc. ) and Hanna Barbera (Tom and Jerry, Quickdraw, etc.), but they have an excellent lineup on their own cartoons.

Dextor's Lab, Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls, Courage, Jonny Bravo, etc... They are all very intelligent and funny cartoons. Plus they make fun of a lot of current pop culture. Sticking it to the man, baby!

I highly recommend checking them out if you ever get a chance. You know whats great to do during the ads??? Hit the mute button and check the MacRumors boards. Works for me.

Comics do rule, though. I loved Calvin and Hobbes and have a few of their book compilations.

Taft

job
Jul 3, 2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by krossfyter

Then I need a better file hosting system. :D

Anyone know of good file hosting services that actually let you post .jpg and .gif images? (unlike angelfire, tripod, geocities, et al)

and not itools either. :D I already have an account and am sick of the photoalbum templates.

hitman