PDA

View Full Version : iPod Promo in Virgin megastores...

asif3
May 17, 2004, 11:52 AM
Hiya,

Not sure if this is the right place for me to be posting this, but hey.

I went to a virgin megastore today, to buy some cd's [on oxford street] and near the till they have this like ipod 'area'. It's got some lifesize promo material (i.e. dancing poster thing) and about 5 ipods that you can play around with, and includes headphones. Next to that was a transparant box with some ipods in it and the spec sheets etc...

I thought this was particularly god marketing on apple's part - targetting specific music users - in fact is surprises me that they dont advertise much on MTV etc..

Anyway, I was thinking it would be really cool if Apple could work a deal with Virgin whereby iPod users could get a discount on music - not only would it increase virgins sales, but it would benefit iPod sales too, because Music diehards would have yet another reason to justify the ipod cost...

/asif3

p.s. on a sidenote - i gave in and bought a set of ipod headphones today, just becuase they're soo cool :) - even though i dont have an ipod. now it looks like i'll have to buy a pod some time soon :-/

markoibook
May 17, 2004, 12:45 PM
Hey - sounds good. Now if only all Virgin Megastores stocked iPods and iPod accessories.

By the way - what are the new iPod earbuds like?

EGT
May 17, 2004, 12:55 PM
I don't like them :( If you want really good sound quality then try the Shure in earphones (ear canal phones). Brilliant sound isolation. They go fantastic with the Ipods.

asif3
May 17, 2004, 01:02 PM
re: headphones

i like them - i normally use bang&olufsen ones but they are just so ugly - i originally bought them becuase earphones never stay in my ear, and i find others too bulky. to be honest, the new ipon 'earbuds' [as you americans like to call them :P] are good in terms of sound quality - especially when used with a portable device..

they also happen to be cool if you own an iBook and use headphones frequently.

virividox
May 17, 2004, 01:04 PM
yeah not enough megastores have them on display. it really helps when you can play around with them