Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asif3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
London, UK.
Hiya,

Not sure if this is the right place for me to be posting this, but hey.

I went to a virgin megastore today, to buy some cd's [on oxford street] and near the till they have this like ipod 'area'. It's got some lifesize promo material (i.e. dancing poster thing) and about 5 ipods that you can play around with, and includes headphones. Next to that was a transparant box with some ipods in it and the spec sheets etc...

I thought this was particularly god marketing on apple's part - targetting specific music users - in fact is surprises me that they dont advertise much on MTV etc..

Anyway, I was thinking it would be really cool if Apple could work a deal with Virgin whereby iPod users could get a discount on music - not only would it increase virgins sales, but it would benefit iPod sales too, because Music diehards would have yet another reason to justify the ipod cost...

/asif3

p.s. on a sidenote - i gave in and bought a set of ipod headphones today, just becuase they're soo cool :) - even though i dont have an ipod. now it looks like i'll have to buy a pod some time soon :-/

markoibook

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2004
Reading, UK.
Hey - sounds good. Now if only all Virgin Megastores stocked iPods and iPod accessories.

By the way - what are the new iPod earbuds like?

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
I don't like them :( If you want really good sound quality then try the Shure in earphones (ear canal phones). Brilliant sound isolation. They go fantastic with the Ipods.

asif3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2003
London, UK.
re: headphones

i like them - i normally use bang&olufsen ones but they are just so ugly - i originally bought them becuase earphones never stay in my ear, and i find others too bulky. to be honest, the new ipon 'earbuds' [as you americans like to call them :p] are good in terms of sound quality - especially when used with a portable device..

they also happen to be cool if you own an iBook and use headphones frequently.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.