PDA

View Full Version : getting bluetooth gps to work with a powerbook at last

piquet
May 17, 2004, 05:00 PM
ok guys

please forgive me if this has been covered before, i'm relatively new to the whole mac thing having come over from the darkside some 6 months ago, anyway armed with my shiney new powerbook one of the things i wanted to do was have gps with some mapping program basically so my powerbook could double as a road atlas as well as stopping those, where the hell am i now moments when i get lost

son in the usual manner doing no research on the matter, i jumped straight in, got myself route 66 europe and a bluetooth gps, but to advantage, i could never get route 66 to get the data from the gps receiver, so it became one of those, well i guess you just can't do it on a mac moments, ok so i'm new and i'm still learning

i went down the way of getting a palm t3, and then decided to order the bluetooth tom tom, which arrived today and it works great on my palm, so now i have gps, and then i started wondering if i could make route 66 work with it, has this been done before, because i now have this fired up and working, with route 66 giving 3d co-ordinates, it knows where it is, it'll now tell me how far from my present location to where i want to go is, and the estimated times, my thought is this, since gps seems to be such a pain on macs, and it works with tom tom bluetooth, surely it should work atleast other bluetooth enables gps systems, anyway it turned out the key was setting up the bluetooth serial port, but i guess you guys know that

but in summary, if anyone is wondering, yes tom tom bluetooth gps works with route 66, so if you're looking for a working gps solution this seems to be it

piquet