PDA

View Full Version : Austin, Texas

TomyDingo
Jun 16, 2009, 05:18 AM
I reserved mine at the Apple store at The Domain.

TomyDingo
Jun 19, 2009, 01:06 AM
Anyone else?

swiftrhett
Jun 19, 2009, 02:08 AM
i'm in austin, I pre-ordered 2 at at&t and one at barton springs apple store. I can't decide how I'm going to get 2 tomorrow. I guess I might be able to get 1 from at&t and then 1 from apple.

lonnielove
Jun 8, 2010, 11:12 PM
AT&T South Park area, Ill be there around 4am, hopefully other people will be there as well. and Radio Shack might be a option too. the one on Slaughter and Manchaca i know the manager there. got my EVO from him.

William Gates
Jun 10, 2010, 09:11 AM
Tigerdroppings FTW

tbobmccoy
Jun 15, 2010, 08:16 PM
Anyone else reserving their iPhone 4 at The Domain Apple store? I'm picking up the 32gb black one; Glad it was available and not the white (I seem to be on the minority there, but I think the black one looks much better). :D

tasslehawf
Jun 16, 2010, 03:26 AM
If I get mine delivered early enough, I'll come by the domain to flaunt it. :D

Burntorange817
Jun 16, 2010, 03:54 AM
I ordered mine to the Domain as well, will be getting there about 330-4:00 am. Think that should be sufficient enough?!

tbobmccoy
Jun 16, 2010, 08:53 AM
I ordered mine to the Domain as well, will be getting there about 330-4:00 am. Think that should be sufficient enough?!

I think that should be plenty of time; I'll probably get there after you (4:30 or so) but maybe I'll drive by before I go to sleep and see if there's a line, since I live closeby.

tasslehawf, I hope that even though you got yours delivered that I'll pick up my iPhone before you do :cool: I tried from 7am yesterday until 2pm trying to preorder for delivery with no luck, so I gave up and stuck with my iphone reservation at The Domain.

tasslehawf
Jun 16, 2010, 09:23 AM
tasslehawf, I hope that even though you got yours delivered that I'll pick up my iPhone before you do :cool: I tried from 7am yesterday until 2pm trying to preorder for delivery with no luck, so I gave up and stuck with my iphone reservation at The Domain.

From what it seems if you were able to add an iphone to your cart by about 8-9p, that you could get it by the 24th. My order didn't go through for another hour.

I placed a second order at AT&T earlier around 5p that I haven't received a confirmation but I'm pretty sure I didn't make the 24th cut-off. I'm going to call and cancel this one today.

loganwhy
Jun 16, 2010, 05:42 PM
I reserved mine for pick up at the Domain as well. Does anyone have a clue for about how long I can expect to wait in line? For you people showing up at 4am, do you expect that the line will be longer than 3 hours at other times or will you be doing it so that you can be of the first and play with it all day?

I don't mind waiting in line but do you think that there will be an optimum time when the line will probably be the shortest? It seems like 7am is when the line might be the longest because everyone will have already lined up. I can really show up at any point in the day.

I've never done a launch day pick up before so I was just curious about what other people's Austin experiences were like.

thanks!

Burntorange817
Jun 17, 2010, 12:32 AM
I have never done this either haha, just willing to show up EARLY (about 4:00 AM) to not have to wait in a huge line, and get in and out as quick as possible.

tbobmccoy
Jun 17, 2010, 12:50 AM
I reserved mine for pick up at the Domain as well. Does anyone have a clue for about how long I can expect to wait in line? For you people showing up at 4am, do you expect that the line will be longer than 3 hours at other times or will you be doing it so that you can be of the first and play with it all day?

I don't mind waiting in line but do you think that there will be an optimum time when the line will probably be the shortest? It seems like 7am is when the line might be the longest because everyone will have already lined up. I can really show up at any point in the day.

I've never done a launch day pick up before so I was just curious about what other people's Austin experiences were like.

thanks!

With both the original iphone and the iphone 3g, I've waited in long, long lines at the Domain.... so I'm expecting there to be a long time for the iPhone 4 as well. For me, 4am is a good time to arrive, hopefully early enough to be within the first hour or so of sold phones but maybe not early enough to be one of the first 10 people to get a phone, so I won't have to wait around during the working day (past 8am) to get my iPhone.

Burntorange817
Jun 17, 2010, 01:04 AM
yeah im not expecting to be in and out within 10 minutes or so, just dont want to be waiting for hours (other than the 3+ I will be for opening) one hour is fine with me. hmmmm what to do for the 3 hours of waiting.....:confused::confused:

TomyDingo
Jun 17, 2010, 08:22 AM
Last year's launch was handled poorly. The reserved line was 20x longer than the non-reserved line and yet the reserve line had only one more Apple store employee handle the purchases. Suffice to say, the non-reserve line moved faster and everyone in the reserve line was getting pissed off. With 4 being sold out online, hopefully that kind of mismanagement is not an issue.

ETA: Last year, I got in line around 8:15 and left with a phone around 1pm...

tbobmccoy
Jun 17, 2010, 11:40 AM
yeah im not expecting to be in and out within 10 minutes or so, just dont want to be waiting for hours (other than the 3+ I will be for opening) one hour is fine with me. hmmmm what to do for the 3 hours of waiting.....:confused::confused:

A friend whose coming along and I are going to be playing Mario Kart or New SMB with our DSis, so hopefully that'll keep us busy enough.

ScottSFA
Jun 17, 2010, 03:08 PM
I didn't pre-order, is there anyway I'd still be able to get the phone? Are all the phones reserved?

tasslehawf
Jun 17, 2010, 03:41 PM
I didn't pre-order, is there anyway I'd still be able to get the phone? Are all the phones reserved?

I imagine there were some allotted that couldn't be reserved.

spookyskeley
Jun 18, 2010, 06:27 PM
Pre-Ordered two 16GB iPhones!

AustinSTI
Jun 18, 2010, 07:16 PM
What time u guys think deliveries will occur? Morning? Any past experience with delivered pre orders in the atx? Mine went prepared for shipment today :)

lonnielove
Jun 18, 2010, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE=lonnielove;10082916]AT&T South Park area, Ill be there around 4am, hopefully other people will be there as well. and Radio Shack might be a option too. the one on Slaughter and Manchaca i know the manager there. got my EVO from him.[/QUOTE

Well just found out me and some buddys of mine will be camping out 9 pm, so better get there early.

Baja2k
Jun 18, 2010, 09:28 PM
I reserved one at Barton Creek when I couldn't get an order to go through. However, a couple hours later I finally got an order completed so I gave my brother my reservation. I keep telling him he needs to get there early. I hope he listens. Can't go with him now because I agreed to fly to Phoenix for the day once I got my order confirmed.

On a side note, I am not even sure where he should go early. That's the problem with an indoor mall location. I am sure the mall will be locked up. I can only guess the line will form at the closest door (I'm guessing by Cali pizza kitchen). But not sure. Guess I may swing by there this weekend to ask.

Limeyness
Jun 18, 2010, 11:03 PM
I am gonna try the small att stores

tasslehawf
Jun 19, 2010, 07:15 PM
My Apple order got canceled but they got me in for a reservation at the Domain. Anyone know what their lining up/camping situation will be?

Amnesia87
Jun 19, 2010, 07:58 PM
So how long was the line when the store opened last year?

tasslehawf
Jun 19, 2010, 09:43 PM
I was reading old reports from the archives from the 2008 3G launch at the Domain.

Seems like they'll be open at 8 am. I'm going to go by the night before, but I'm thinking of showing up around 4 am.

tbobmccoy
Jun 20, 2010, 07:57 AM
I was reading old reports from the archives from the 2008 3G launch at the Domain.

Seems like they'll be open at 8 am. I'm going to go by the night before, but I'm thinking of showing up around 4 am.

I think that they'll be open at 7am... 7am Apple store-wide launch if I recall correctly, but I could be wrong.

tasslehawf
Jun 20, 2010, 11:01 AM
I think that they'll be open at 7am... 7am Apple store-wide launch if I recall correctly, but I could be wrong.

Yeah. I saw that later - still going to try 4, I think.

Burntorange817
Jun 20, 2010, 03:35 PM
I will be there at 4 AM too. I think that will put us in the top 30 or so, at least. I'm happy with that.

carousell
Jun 20, 2010, 10:03 PM
why is everyone preordering at the domain? barton creek's line is indoors which means a/c. enjoy the mid-90 degree weather.

tasslehawf
Jun 20, 2010, 10:17 PM
why is everyone preordering at the domain? barton creek's line is indoors which means a/c. enjoy the mid-90 degree weather.

The Domain is closer to me and Apple got me a reservation there after my pre-order got canceled. C'est la vie.

tbobmccoy
Jun 20, 2010, 10:20 PM
The Domain is closer to me and Apple got me a reservation there after my pre-order got canceled. C'est la vie.

+1

Plus, it won't be that hot yet. Only in the high 80s likely :D

W.W.S.J.D.?
Jun 21, 2010, 05:23 AM
I tried to line up at The Domain around 3 A.M. for the iPad launch. After I was there about 5 minutes the manager came out and said that The Domain did not allow people to start forming a line until 7, I think, because it was a residential area. I don't know if it will be different for iPhone 4, but it might e worth a call.

tasslehawf
Jun 21, 2010, 10:11 AM
I tried to line up at The Domain around 3 A.M. for the iPad launch. After I was there about 5 minutes the manager came out and said that The Domain did not allow people to start forming a line until 7, I think, because it was a residential area. I don't know if it will be different for iPhone 4, but it might e worth a call.

I read in the archives that this was the case. Unfortunately, it seems that people come and stand around and then RUN into line at 7. :confused:

Burntorange817
Jun 21, 2010, 12:03 PM
Wait where until 7???? Haha

dagger55
Jun 21, 2010, 12:47 PM

Just spoke to the manager at the Domain store...

He said the Domain will not allow a line until 5:00 AM. See you guys at 5 :)

Limeyness
Jun 21, 2010, 01:17 PM
I live up by the Domain, but I figure the lines there are going to be insane, so I scoped out a bunch of small ATT stores and called around, they all claim they are going to have some, so I am gonna pick a small one out of the way and try my luck there.

=)

tasslehawf
Jun 21, 2010, 01:43 PM
I was just over at the Domain and got the same 5 am line-up information. Unfortunately, I found out that my reservation isn't really a reservation. The Apple phone support guy got me on a waiting list at the Apple store (for people who had their orders canceled by Apple). The guy at the domain said that corporate hasn't told them yet what they're going to do with those people but that they would be calling us before Thursday to let us know.

Thistledown
Jun 21, 2010, 02:12 PM
Where's the pre-line line? I really hate the way the domain handles this. They've been inconsistent every year I've waited in line. They say not to line up, but then there are always people lined up early, or people are 'walking' around and then run to the line up. It's ridiculous.

cp2222
Jun 21, 2010, 03:45 PM
Where's the pre-line line? I really hate the way the domain handles this. They've been inconsistent every year I've waited in line. They say not to line up, but then there are always people lined up early, or people are 'walking' around and then run to the line up. It's ridiculous.

Yeah sounds like they are doing strict enforcement of the 5am thing this year, so it sounds like the smart money is on getting there between 5-5:30 and not messing with it. Though the last couple years (first year excluded), people that got there later (an hour or so before opening) were still only 30-40th in line, which really wasn't that much worse and almost seemed a lot smarter.

Limeyness
Jun 21, 2010, 06:13 PM
With any luck the queues will be shorter at the small stores!:eek:

tbobmccoy
Jun 21, 2010, 09:26 PM
Just spoke to the manager at the Domain store...

He said the Domain will not allow a line until 5:00 AM. See you guys at 5 :)

I'm putting my GOOD shoes on... and they'll be tied up TIGHT! :D

Burntorange817
Jun 21, 2010, 10:26 PM
Think I could get away with just waiting in my car till 5? then getting out at 5 and waiting? I might just do that

tasslehawf
Jun 22, 2010, 12:17 PM
Think I could get away with just waiting in my car till 5? then getting out at 5 and waiting? I might just do that

I'm just going to show up at 5. Not sure which line I'll be standing in yet....

Airboy98
Jun 22, 2010, 01:29 PM
Anyone called the Domain to see if they are ok with a retail authorized user picking up an iPhone 4 and signing a contract without the account holder being there? Has anyone done this with past iPhones at this store?

lonnielove
Jun 22, 2010, 04:46 PM
Anyone called the Domain to see if they are ok with a retail authorized user picking up an iPhone 4 and signing a contract without the account holder being there? Has anyone done this with past iPhones at this store?

Apple store wont do it you have to be the account holder. oh and the will ask for I.D

Limeyness
Jun 22, 2010, 05:36 PM
dammit, now att are saying no walk ins, well thats me screwed =)

Amnesia87
Jun 22, 2010, 05:53 PM

They said no walkins until next tuesday... lol they are still doing them... eventually

tasslehawf
Jun 22, 2010, 06:35 PM

Apple stores are going to be mobbed. At least there's BB, RS and Walmart to syphon off some of the folks.

Limeyness
Jun 22, 2010, 08:41 PM
Its funny I just got off the phone with a couple of ATT authorized retailers, not the corp stores, and they swear they will still have them, dunno what thats about, but I will try some other places and see. =)

tbobmccoy
Jun 23, 2010, 08:27 AM
So has anyone talked to the Domain or Barton Creek as to the status of their lines? Will they all be divided into Reserved vs. Not Reserved or what? :confused:

tasslehawf
Jun 23, 2010, 11:44 AM
So has anyone talked to the Domain or Barton Creek as to the status of their lines? Will they all be divided into Reserved vs. Not Reserved or what? :confused:

Yes there will be two lines at the Domain. I think that's a standard Apple thing tho.

mccrory
Jun 23, 2010, 11:52 AM
I will be in line @ 5am, I'm just hoping to be out soon after 7am. I really don't want to be around when the craziness goes into full swing by around 8:30 or so.

androidpopjr
Jun 23, 2010, 11:56 AM
Apple store wont do it you have to be the account holder. oh and the will ask for I.D

If you are just upgrading you will be fine as long as your name is on the account. If you are starting a new line you will need the account holder. Straight from the apple employees mouth.

Airboy98
Jun 23, 2010, 01:03 PM
If you are just upgrading you will be fine as long as your name is on the account. If you are starting a new line you will need the account holder. Straight from the apple employees mouth.

Awesome that's what I wanted to hear. By the way, which Apple store did you go to where employee said that? If it was an employee at the Domain that would make me even more reassured :D.

androidpopjr
Jun 23, 2010, 01:14 PM
Awesome that's what I wanted to hear. By the way, which Apple store did you go to where employee said that? If it was an employee at the Domain that would make me even more reassured :D.

Well feel reassured because it was the Domain!

cp2222
Jun 23, 2010, 04:26 PM
I just spoke to a guy at ATT store and he said they got a huge shipment today and said they should have plenty for not just reservations but walk-ins.. So not sure what was up with ATT's corporate message about no walk-ins.

Burntorange817
Jun 23, 2010, 06:12 PM
See some of you guys in the A.M!!!!!! im kinda glad that the domain wont allow a line until 5 AM keeps me from worrying as much! haha:D

androidpopjr
Jun 23, 2010, 07:15 PM
See some of you guys in the A.M!!!!!! im kinda glad that the domain wont allow a line until 5 AM keeps me from worrying as much! haha:D

I'll second this.

Amnesia87
Jun 23, 2010, 07:17 PM
I just spoke to a guy at ATT store and he said they got a huge shipment today and said they should have plenty for not just reservations but walk-ins.. So not sure what was up with ATT's corporate message about no walk-ins.

Which ATT?

tasslehawf
Jun 23, 2010, 07:34 PM

My old haunt Apple store in Glendale, CA is allowing people to line up at 12am tonight.

The Afroman
Jun 24, 2010, 12:47 AM
How many people in the domain line right now?:confused: if anyone is out there waiting

dAyUnGdOn
Jun 24, 2010, 12:59 AM
How many people in the domain line right now?:confused: if anyone is out there waiting

i just went by there maybe like 15 mins ago...just to see if anyone was there but no one was there..theres security all over the domain. so it looks like their going to be strict on the 5 am line up.

Burntorange817
Jun 24, 2010, 04:57 AM
There's prolly 1200+ people at the domain right now. Wow

tripjammer
Jun 24, 2010, 05:06 AM
There's prolly 1200+ people at the domain right now. Wow

1200 people in LINE?????

Burntorange817
Jun 24, 2010, 05:16 AM
Yup. I'm about 20th right now. Looks like the line goes all the way from apple to the very end and nemian marcus

dagger55
Jun 24, 2010, 05:25 AM
Wirelessly posted (IPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Yup. I'm about 20th right now. Looks like the line goes all the way from apple to the very end and nemian marcus

I can't wait to see YouTube footage of what happened around 445 this morning. There were literally 100+ people to the left, right, and in front of the store about 100 feet from the entrance, with one police officer sitting on a stool.... One person made a break for it, and chaos ensued.

Burntorange817
Jun 24, 2010, 05:52 AM
Haha yes! That was awesome

mian
Jun 24, 2010, 06:46 AM

How many in the reserved line versus the walk in line? I won't be able to get there until 1:00 or so today ( have a reservation). Keep posting updates.

randyb87
Jun 24, 2010, 07:02 AM
I got to the domain at 4:45, in line by 4:50 (maybe around 200 or so back in the unreserved line), at 5:45 an apple representative told our "section" that its going to be a long day but that they have quite a nice stock in. When asked estimated time, he said maybe 4 or 5 pm.......sadly I cannot devote over 12 hours of waiting in line in this heat. Goodluck to all who are still out there.

tbobmccoy
Jun 24, 2010, 07:54 AM
I got to the domain at 4:45, in line by 4:50 (maybe around 200 or so back in the unreserved line), at 5:45 an apple representative told our "section" that its going to be a long day but that they have quite a nice stock in. When asked estimated time, he said maybe 4 or 5 pm.......sadly I cannot devote over 12 hours of waiting in line in this heat. Goodluck to all who are still out there.

I was about #24 to get it out of the Reserved line; honestly, their "reserved" checking is pretty subpar- the Apple reps didn't even check to see I had one reserved, took my word for it. I do have a reservation, just saying that the Domain doesn't seem to organized on verification (unless they know once they get your phone #? I dunno).

Also, someone seemed to pass out and was being EMSed out of there at about 7:30~. Not sure what the situation was, but I hope he's okay!

loganwhy
Jun 24, 2010, 08:30 AM
I'm heading down there now. I hope the reserved line isn't more than a couple of hours long!

dagger55
Jun 24, 2010, 08:34 AM
I was about #24 to get it out of the Reserved line; honestly, their "reserved" checking is pretty subpar- the Apple reps didn't even check to see I had one reserved, took my word for it. I do have a reservation, just saying that the Domain doesn't seem to organized on verification (unless they know once they get your phone #? I dunno).

Also, someone seemed to pass out and was being EMSed out of there at about 7:30~. Not sure what the situation was, but I hope he's okay!

I noticed the same thing. They didn't check me at all for reservation. I was the 15h person in at the beginning, and they jsut walked me up to the counter, asked me what I reserved, gave it to the guy and he started the upgrade process. Never asked for my apple id or anything that I reserved it against.

mian
Jun 24, 2010, 09:51 AM
I'm heading down there now. I hope the reserved line isn't more than a couple of hours long!

How long is the line? To Starbucks? The fire pit? North?

Thanks,

loganwhy
Jun 24, 2010, 10:57 AM
I just went by there, looks like there were close to 800 people waiting in line for the reserved. I decided to leave and go do some work and then try to come back this afternoon, hopefully by then the line will have dissipated a little or at the very least I doubt it will be much longer.

edit: the line circled around starbucks, and around that same corner to the other side of the building.

mian
Jun 24, 2010, 11:01 AM
I just went by there, looks like there were close to 800 people waiting in line for the reserved. I decided to leave and go do some work and then try to come back this afternoon, hopefully by then the line will have dissipated a little or at the very least I doubt it will be much longer.

edit: the line circled around starbucks, and around that same corner to the other side of the building.

Thanks for the update.

wixzbo
Jun 24, 2010, 11:11 AM
I also tried to show up about 8:30. It was clear it was going to take a lot more than the couple hours I had this morning. I imagine that a bunch of us will try to show up again tonight. The apple guy I saw said that they would hold the reservation all day today until 9pm. He said if we're still in line when they close they will give a claim ticket. I'm sort of toying with the idea of lining up at 8:45pm.

loganwhy
Jun 24, 2010, 11:22 AM
^
^
^
That's not a bad idea, but I'll have plenty of time this afternoon around 3 so I think that might be a decent time. Maybe by then the employees will have their rythym for getting people in and out.

Does anyone know if they have the bumpers available or if there is a chance of them selling out?

tbobmccoy
Jun 24, 2010, 11:29 AM
^
^
^
That's not a bad idea, but I'll have plenty of time this afternoon around 3 so I think that might be a decent time. Maybe by then the employees will have their rythym for getting people in and out.

Does anyone know if they have the bumpers available or if there is a chance of them selling out?

Only the black bumpers were available this morning, but that doesn't mean they didn't get a shipment of them during the day. I passed since I don't want black, and I'm still contemplating getting one or not (I won't hold my iPhone where it will have signal issues anyway).

wixzbo
Jun 24, 2010, 11:44 AM
I guess I'm one of those weird people who likes the phone without all the bulky case on it. I've had my 3G almost 2 years, always unprotected, and I have a few scratches on the back but it's amazingly clean. I guess I figure I change my phone pretty frequently anyway. But even though I'm a righty, I favor holding the phone exactly where the problem area (maybe?) is.

Still the line at the Domain is slightly depressing. I saw on twitter someone say they are handing out claim tickets to people who don't/can't wait around. It wasn't an option when I popped in. Anyone on site know anything?

mian
Jun 24, 2010, 01:09 PM
Just stopped by the Domain at lunch. The line still wraps around the building. An employee indicated that they may stay open until 10:00. If you are in line by 9:00 and they don't think they will be able to complete the transaction today, you will receive a ticket to pick up the phone.

pepp
Jun 24, 2010, 01:28 PM
@mian: More specifically, is it the preorder line that is wrapping around the building? Thanks for the intel.

whitby
Jun 24, 2010, 01:35 PM
Went by there at 10:00 am and was told that it would take 7 hours to process who was in line at the time. Looked back around 2 hours later and the queue length had not changed (it was slightly longer if anything). I tried to get them to give me a raincheck (they talked to a manager) so I that I might be able to pick it up on another day but they refused and indicated I would have to be in line around 7:00pm and then they would have to decide whether they could process all the people in line at that time by 9:00 pm before that would happen.

This will be the last time I use this process with Apple. I expected a wait, but 7 hours is ridiculous.

The delivery of new products from Apple has got steadily worse and worse. I queued for the first iPhone and then an iPad, but the worst wait I had was 45 minutes.....

Anyway I do not need an iPhone 4 that badly and we can wait a few months or so...

Good luck to all those in line.... It is getting hotter and hotter (currently showing 93!!!) and very little shade for last 50% of the queue.

whitby
Jun 24, 2010, 01:37 PM
The pre-order queue is wrapped around the building. There are no walk-ins being accepted for the iPhone 4.

iPadGamer
Jun 24, 2010, 02:00 PM
Went to the ATT Store at Lakeline Mall today around 12:30pm to see if they by chance had any. Walked in, picked up two 16GB iPhone 4's and 2 cases in about 20 minutes.

Had reservations at the Domain, and after reading all the hubbub about the goings on down there today, I'm glad I took a chance on ATT. Y'all might want to give it a shot.

pepp
Jun 24, 2010, 02:15 PM
@iPadGamer: Are you sure?!? I just called the AT&T store at the Lakeline Mall and they said they weren't selling any until the 29th.

The Afroman
Jun 24, 2010, 02:23 PM
Ok. So the pre-order line is long at the Domain.
Anyone know if they are starting a new line at 5am tomorrow for the 8am opening? If so, will it be walk ups with out pre-orders?

I could just order from apple and wait til July 15th. But i'm impatient. :P

dagger55
Jun 24, 2010, 02:58 PM
Reading this thread now makes me even happier about getting up early this morning, even though im dragging at work right now.

The Afroman
Jun 24, 2010, 03:09 PM
@dagger was there a huge rush to make a line at 5am?

Stephen23
Jun 24, 2010, 03:52 PM
I haven't seen anyone say much about Barton Creek Mall, but I thought I'd give an update on what I saw there. I went this morning, before I had to be at work, arriving around 7am, and there was easily a thousand people in line. I went back around 3:30 this afternoon and the line still went up one part of the mall and back down the other side. I talked to a couple people at the front of each line - the ones in the non-reserved line said it was moving incredibly slowly, and they had been there going on 11 hours now. Someone near the front of the reserved line said he'd been waiting around 4 hours. From appearances, this reserved line was the much, much longer of the two, so it sounds like they are keeping that one moving, and selling very few phones to the walk up customers.

I decided that I can wait a few days to pick one up... maybe I'll try one of the AT&T stores on the 29th, or Best Buy or Radio Shack. Despite the crazy lines, it seems like there is a good amount of stock, since they aren't turning people away... so it may be that it's relatively painless by next week.

dagger55
Jun 24, 2010, 04:19 PM
@dagger was there a huge rush to make a line at 5am?

lol ya it was stupid. Luckily I was in good position when the dash happened and ended up 11th in line. :)

Amnesia87
Jun 24, 2010, 05:39 PM
Went to the ATT Store at Lakeline Mall today around 12:30pm to see if they by chance had any. Walked in, picked up two 16GB iPhone 4's and 2 cases in about 20 minutes.

Had reservations at the Domain, and after reading all the hubbub about the goings on down there today, I'm glad I took a chance on ATT. Y'all might want to give it a shot.

did they have any 32gigs lol though I know it's too late now

Burntorange817
Jun 25, 2010, 01:59 AM
Haha, when the "dash" happened at the domain I lined up probably 30th or so in line. and then the Apple employee made the reserve, and the walk in line switch and there was a crazy mosh it seemed. anyways- I ended up about 20th (or so) in line, was out with two 32 GB iphone 4's in about twenty minutes, just bummed that all that they had was the black bumpers. oh well- I got there at 4:30 and waited about 3 hours till I was almost back at my house, so all in all it was not a bad experience. plus, there was free Krispy kream :D:D

The Afroman
Jun 25, 2010, 02:07 AM
@burntorange - were you a walk-in or a pre-order?:confused:

Stephen23
Jun 25, 2010, 12:22 PM
In case anyone is still curious and looking at this thread, the lines, at Barton Creek, at least, are gone. I walked in today, around 10am, took about 15 minutes to go through the various procedures, and walked out with my brand new 32GB iphone 4.

Security was still on hand, and the ropes were up for lines, but there weren't any. The guy waiting on me said they had been there until midnight last night processing people who were in line, and that the shortest wait he heard about yesterday was an hour and a half.

It's amazing how quickly that ended... I just read a blog from the Austin Statesman tech writer expecting that the phones would be in short supply until mid-July. Uh. No.

janktified
Jun 25, 2010, 01:19 PM
In case anyone is still curious and looking at this thread, the lines, at Barton Creek, at least, are gone. I walked in today, around 10am, took about 15 minutes to go through the various procedures, and walked out with my brand new 32GB iphone 4.

Security was still on hand, and the ropes were up for lines, but there weren't any. The guy waiting on me said they had been there until midnight last night processing people who were in line, and that the shortest wait he heard about yesterday was an hour and a half.

It's amazing how quickly that ended... I just read a blog from the Austin Statesman tech writer expecting that the phones would be in short supply until mid-July. Uh. No.

Did you just walk up or did you have a reservation?

Stephen23
Jun 25, 2010, 02:58 PM
Walked up. I didn't really intend to buy one this early, but after playing with it in the store, and comparing the speed, and the gps functions to my 3G (almost two years old), I was sold.

I asked about inventory, and the woman at the door didn't seem concerned... no idea if that meant they had enough to get them through the next hour or the next couple days, but she certainly didn't have to check anything.

janktified
Jun 25, 2010, 03:32 PM
Walked up. I didn't really intend to buy one this early, but after playing with it in the store, and comparing the speed, and the gps functions to my 3G (almost two years old), I was sold.

I asked about inventory, and the woman at the door didn't seem concerned... no idea if that meant they had enough to get them through the next hour or the next couple days, but she certainly didn't have to check anything.

That's great, I might have to just go pick one up later today/tomorrow and forget about my Best Buy preorder that I probably won't get 'till next week anyway. Thanks for the heads up.

G4scott
Jun 25, 2010, 05:47 PM
Thanks to all who mentioned the availability at the Barton Creek store!

My wife let me know, and my brother was able to make it over there and pick them up for us. In case anybody was wondering what the guy with an iPhone 4 was doing in line this afternoon, that was him...

If anybody is waiting for 32 gb iPhones from the Tech Ridge Best Buy (store 1116), and you weren't 2, 3 or 4 in line, you just moved up 2 spots.

Now if I can find a bumper or a Speck case, I'll be in business...

Amnesia87
Jun 25, 2010, 06:02 PM
>_< no fun, why didn't I read this earlier... they be all sold out now :(

janktified
Jun 25, 2010, 08:19 PM
Just got back. All they had were 32 GBs, which is exactly what I wanted. I waited in a like of about 20-25 for under an hour, and am now the proud owner of an iPhone 4 :)

Amnesia87
Jun 25, 2010, 08:35 PM
Just got back. All they had were 32 GBs, which is exactly what I wanted. I waited in a like of about 20-25 for under an hour, and am now the proud owner of an iPhone 4 :)

WTF? I called at 6 and they said they were sold out.

janktified
Jun 25, 2010, 11:49 PM
WTF? I called at 6 and they said they were sold out.

I would definitely go tomorrow. They had a pretty big stack iPhone 4s in plain view when I got mine at around 7:30 today, there were only a few more people in line.

ZMRoach
Jun 26, 2010, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the info yall! I'm most likely making a run up there tomorrow morning.

Amnesia87
Jun 26, 2010, 07:42 AM
Yah I'm going there today anyway, since I was told they should have another shipment today, probably around 10-12

Inf4life
Jun 26, 2010, 09:57 AM
Has anyone heard or know about the status of iPhone 4s at the Domain?

Inf4life
Jun 26, 2010, 11:02 AM
I just called Barton Creek and the guy on the phone said they are out of iPhone 4s and won't be getting another shipment in till next week.

Inf4life
Jun 26, 2010, 11:23 AM
After being hold for 22 minutes with the Apple store at the Domain, I talked to a very polite lady on the phone. She said they are all out of stock of iPhone 4's but she put me on a priority list for when they get a shipment in. Took my name, email address and what version I wanted. So I guess it's like reserving one. Hopefully it's in before AT&T's release on Tuesday.

Amnesia87
Jun 26, 2010, 02:45 PM
Just got home from barton creek, waited in line from around 11 to 12:30 and now I'm at home syncing my new 32gb iPhone.

They had like ~20 left when I got mine but the line was probably about the same size.

Inf4life
Jun 26, 2010, 02:50 PM
Just got home from barton creek, waited in line from around 11 to 12:30 and now I'm at home syncing my new 32gb iPhone.

They had like ~20 left when I got mine but the line was probably about the same size.

Did you reserve one or pre-order??

Amnesia87
Jun 26, 2010, 08:12 PM
Did you reserve one or pre-order??

Nope, they were selling to walk-ins.

maxxscholten
Jun 28, 2010, 09:08 AM
Anyone who hasn't gotten iP4 yet going to try the Domain / Barton Creek today?

I'm debating whether on going or waiting a few more days

Inf4life
Jun 28, 2010, 02:05 PM
Anyone who hasn't gotten iP4 yet going to try the Domain / Barton Creek today?

I'm debating whether on going or waiting a few more days

I called both on Saturday at 11am. They said they were sold out and didn't know when the next shipment was coming in. The girl at the Domain store put me on the priority list. Barton Creek didn't even offer.

Amnesia87
Jul 2, 2010, 11:29 PM
Anyone in austin have a iPhone 2G who would be willing to meet up and let me activate my sim in their phone so I can haz unlimited internetz? lol

mlts22
Jul 7, 2010, 11:30 PM
By chance, does anyone know if the Domain store has 32GB models in yet?

Edited: Nope... but am on The List now.

The Afroman
Jul 15, 2010, 02:01 PM
Anyone in austin have a iPhone 2G who would be willing to meet up and let me activate my sim in their phone so I can haz unlimited internetz? lol

WHOA! is this proven? I have a 2g, well my wife does.. it's unlocked never been on ATT, but does that work? can you get unlimited if you have a 2g?

ZMRoach
Jul 19, 2010, 07:22 PM
Just in case anyone is wondering, Barton Creek Mall is wait listed and told me it could be a couple weeks.

Amnesia87
Jul 19, 2010, 09:32 PM
WHOA! is this proven? I have a 2g, well my wife does.. it's unlocked never been on ATT, but does that work? can you get unlimited if you have a 2g?

Yup it works, I ended up finding someone on craigslist.

You restore the 2g as if it were a new phone, pop ur sim card in and activate it (you will need to buy or make a microsim adapter) it will give you a choice of 2g plans, pick the 2g unlimited data plan with the appropriate amount of texts. Then you just stick your sim back in your phone and a few hours later you get a text saying you were on an invalid plan and the system has switched you to the correct one (the 30 unlimited 3g plan)

Bonds79
Jul 23, 2010, 04:56 PM
Yup it works, I ended up finding someone on craigslist.

You restore the 2g as if it were a new phone, pop ur sim card in and activate it (you will need to buy or make a microsim adapter) it will give you a choice of 2g plans, pick the 2g unlimited data plan with the appropriate amount of texts. Then you just stick your sim back in your phone and a few hours later you get a text saying you were on an invalid plan and the system has switched you to the correct one (the 30 unlimited 3g plan) Where do you get the convertor?

Bonds79
Jul 23, 2010, 04:57 PM
So does Barton or the Domain have them in stock yet?

pizzafootbal
Jul 25, 2010, 10:40 AM
I was going to go to the domain, but I just ordered from ATT, I thought it might be faster. Lol