PDA

View Full Version : Boston, MA - Boylston St.

patmort02
Jun 16, 2009, 09:14 AM
Is anybody planning on camping out on Boylston Street? I just moved to Boston two weeks ago, so I don't really know if this is something people have done in the past. My roommate and I are planning on getting there after work on Thursday and waiting until they open on Friday if anyone wants to join.

modular
Jun 16, 2009, 09:29 AM
last year there were a few people camping out.

last year's 3G release was a mess. the line moved very slow, sometimes not moving for an hour or two because the activation went down for periods of time. it really sucked. I got there right around 6:30, and i was already around the corner by newbury. by the time 8oclock rolled around the line was really long, hundreds of people. i was right in the middle of the line showing up at 6:30.

I'm not sure how popular this years release will be, especially since they offered preorders people don't need to camp out now. If it's the same as last year, only a small group of maybe 20 people camped out, and you can be 21st in line if you show up by 5am. the crowed really piles in after 6am.

johnmcboston
Jun 18, 2009, 05:46 PM
no camping here. Even if I did camp, I'd jsut take the phone to work rather than go back home - so why not just stop by after work. No line, and most likely phones left...

fr0
Jun 18, 2009, 10:17 PM
They open at 7am tomorrow. I'm gonna get there at 6:30. Hopefully I can make my 8am meeting :p

fr0

HockeyGuy
Jun 15, 2010, 12:37 PM
Just made my reservation to pickup my iPhone 4 @ Boylston St. Apple. I was going to reserve at the Salam, NH mall
but figured this store would be a more fufilling experience.

Anyone else? I plan to get there early, maybe 5 AM.