PDA

View Full Version : AirTunes?

Schmoyer
Jun 16, 2009, 12:59 PM
I was reading an article or two online in reference to Apple TV and AirTunes. The article mentioned streaming music/movies from your Apple TV to your iPhone. I was wondering if this was possible or if there was another variation which was possible involving Apple TV and the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Thanks!

Billy Boo Bob
Jun 16, 2009, 03:15 PM
I was reading an article or two online in reference to Apple TV and AirTunes. The article mentioned streaming music/movies from your Apple TV to your iPhone. I was wondering if this was possible or if there was another variation which was possible involving Apple TV and the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, not with AirTunes. You can use the ATV, of course, as an AirTunes target, but not the phone.

You can stream anything from a Mac (probably not ATV without some serious hacking and patching) to your iPhone using (Edit... change Simplify Media to...) AirFoil Speakers (a phone app and a Mac app). However, there is a delay, so making your iPhone a wireless headset for video is out (unless you can handle a few seconds delay in the audio :-)

I really, really wish Apple would set up the iPhone/iPod Touch as an AirTunes target. Would make handy wireless headphones for the Mac and ATV.