PDA

View Full Version : PS2 parental level setting

markjones05
May 18, 2004, 09:14 AM
I just bought a used PS2 and went to go watch a family guy dvd and i get a message saying that my parental settings wont allow me to watch this dvd please enter a password to change the parental settings. This sucks, is there anyway around this? Or do i need to take it back? Please hellp.

~note: I know this isnt mac related but, ive never had a problem posted here that someone couldnt solve. Thanx a bunch.

Elan0204
May 18, 2004, 09:25 AM
A quick search on Google turns up a possible master password of 7-4-4-4. When asked for the password, I think you are supposed to press the "select" button on your controller before entering the password. If this works, it should ask you to create a new password.

Try that, and let me know if it works.

leftbanke7
May 18, 2004, 09:26 AM
A quick search on Google turns up a possible master password of 7-4-4-4.

I've always used 1-2-3-4

Elan0204
May 18, 2004, 09:33 AM
I've always used 1-2-3-4

I believe that is the default password for a new PS2. I was assuming that the used PS2 purchased by markjones05 had a different password set by the original owner, and that mark didn't have that password.

mowogg
May 18, 2004, 05:12 PM
A quick search on Google turns up a possible master password of 7-4-4-4. When asked for the password, I think you are supposed to press the "select" button on your controller before entering the password. If this works, it should ask you to create a new password.

7-4-4-4 works on mine. That's the default listed in the manual too. They may have changed it in later models, mine's an early one. Do you have the manual? It'll tell you there.

Elan0204
May 20, 2004, 07:37 PM
So, Mark, I'm curious to know if you got things working. Give us an update.

Rezet
May 21, 2004, 07:30 PM
It's all in the manual. Initial pass is set 1234.
There is another one that works to override one if u forgot yours or something. Check out the manul... it's all there...

markjones05
May 27, 2004, 09:39 PM
Well 7-4-4-4 never worked and i have no manual, so while i was booting up a dvd one day i was just tapping x to get things moving and i happened to keep tapping x-x-x-x during the password screen by mistake and apparantly the password is 0-0-0-0. So i got it thanx everyone for your help.

Elan0204
May 31, 2004, 12:47 PM
Unless you really want to have parental controls on, I suggest you just go ahead and turn it off completely. After loading a DVD in your PS2 access the parental control menu. After entering your password, you can set parental control to "off." In order to save the change, you MUST eject the DVD BEFORE turning off your PS2. This is the only way your PS2 will save your settings.

Now you will never be nagged about changing the parental control level again.

themadchemist
May 31, 2004, 01:20 PM
The PS2 has the most botched parental control system I have ever seen.

DagMX
Jun 3, 2004, 10:58 AM
The master parental code for the PS2 is 7-4-4-4

While entering the last 4 you must hold down the select button

It works on my one.
http://www.xioserv.com/Image/dagmx.sig1mac.jpg

markjones05
Jun 4, 2004, 03:37 PM
Unless you really want to have parental controls on, I suggest you just go ahead and turn it off completely. After loading a DVD in your PS2 access the parental control menu. After entering your password, you can set parental control to "off." In order to save the change, you MUST eject the DVD BEFORE turning off your PS2. This is the only way your PS2 will save your settings.

Now you will never be nagged about changing the parental control level again.

How do i access the parental control menu?

Unfrskn_Vamp_73
Jul 12, 2004, 11:03 PM
The master parental code for the PS2 is 7-4-4-4

While entering the last 4 you must hold down the select button

It works on my one.
http://www.xioserv.com/Image/dagmx.sig1mac.jpg

Thanks alot,,,, I was on the verge of pitching my PS2 out a ********** window,,,TYTYTYTY !!! I dont know why but it worked.....now my 13 yr old and I can watch " Scary Movie 3 " .

Chris_Evans
Jul 13, 2004, 04:24 AM
Heh, you know parental controls are annoying when even the "parent" can't by-pass it...

whimzywim
Jan 19, 2005, 06:27 PM
Ok this is how you fix that-the directions are long and detailed, but just think of the fact that you wont have to enter a password for every dvd. Here we go: Turn off your ps2. then turn it on and insert the dvd. when it asks you to temporarily change parental controls to whatever level say yes. It then asks you for your password-hit select, it should now say delete password. enter the password 7444. it'll ask you to create a new password-make it 0000. itll ask you to confirm-enter 0000. it then should say registration complete and will continue to dvd menu. start playing the movie. once the movie begins playing press select. you should have a bunch of icons-click on the stop icon-the movie should stop playing, bring up the icons again by pressing select and the stop button should be grey even though you r highlighting it. if it is still blue press it again. once the stop button is grey, even though you r highlighting it, click on the icon underneath the 7-looks like a briefcase and is called setup. hit the right directional button until you r at the custom setup screen. hit the down directional button until you are on the parental control setting. hit the right directional button. it should ask for your password-enter 0000. press the down directional button until you are at level. press the right directional button. press up on the directional button until you reach the desired level (off is at the very top). click x. go back to the original icon list and press play. play the movie to make sure it plays. DO NOT TURN OFF PS2. once the movie is playing, press the eject button and remove the dvd. close the tray. once the tray is closed turn off the ps2 by using the switch on the back of the ps2. Wait at least 5 seconds. turn your ps2 back on and insert the dvd. the settings should be saved and you should be able to play dvds without the annoying parental controls. I know these instructions are long, but i needed to make them as detailed as possible inorder to make sure everyone can do this correctly. I received these instructions straight from the tech support people at sony and it worked-good luck.

Espnetboy3
Feb 2, 2005, 12:04 AM
all you do is hit x the password is aalways a bunch of zeros

Espnetboy3
Feb 2, 2005, 12:05 AM
o you did that already there you its always been a default for ps2 mang

markjones05
Feb 2, 2005, 12:03 PM
o you did that already there you its always been a default for ps2 mang

This post is really old i dont even have ps2 anymore.

sins
Jan 8, 2007, 11:21 PM
thank you for code it works.first you press select then enter code 7-4-4-4 then select again then put a new passcode while it starts playing press eject and your code is set.

bobber205
Jan 8, 2007, 11:51 PM
Wow. What a zombie thread! :D

aholden12592
Jan 10, 2007, 10:26 PM
whenever it asks me to put in a password i just hit x 4 times. that just puts in 0000