PDA

View Full Version : 15" Powerbook battery?

excalibur313
May 18, 2004, 11:01 AM
How long do your 15 1st ed al powerbooks last when unplugged from the wall. The 14 ibooks and 12 powerbooks get like 4 hours and i'm lucky if i can get like 2-2.5 hours on mine. Do you think that my battery is bad or do they just equip weaker batteries on the 15. I have all the powersaving features on and have the screen as dim as it will go.
Thanks,
Stephen

Gherkin
May 18, 2004, 12:08 PM
Rev A 15" Albooks are known for not-so-good battery life. That's why one of the upgrades for the Rev Bs was a larger capacity battery.

cpjakes
May 18, 2004, 02:23 PM
I just got down to about 20 minutes with my TiBook Rev. B original battery and bit the bullet and got a new one. It's a lot better. They seem to roll off pretty quickly down from that "4 hour" mark, especially on PowerBooks and then stay at around 2.5-3 for a while, then just crash.

To me, it wasn't worth the money until it was really annoying. I got the new battery, charged it, and then couldn't think of what to do with it once I had over 3 hours again. :-)

excalibur313
May 18, 2004, 09:31 PM
where can you buy the batteries?

mactastic
May 18, 2004, 10:04 PM
Most places you can buy computers will sell or order batteries for you. Apple's online store can certainly help, as will an Apple store, or any authorized Apple reseller.

cpjakes
May 19, 2004, 12:01 AM
where can you buy the batteries?

Unless you really need the time, I wouldn't bother getting a new battery yet. Unless it drops to an hour or less really quickly, I think it's a bit of a waste. But personally I don't need to be wireless all the time. It might be different in your shoes...

cpjakes