Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eedna

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2009
wow, im going back to mine from my incase slider after seeing that. thats pretty impressive protection.

wahoo10

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2009
wow...just wow...makes me consider that case a WHOLE lot more now. dang dang dang. first time he dropped it, i almost cried a bit. not in a fanboy way, but just "omg you just dropped $500...are you STUPID?"

beni32

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
Based on reviews here, I picked up a Candyshell last week. Now that I see that vid I'm especially happy I got one!

w00tme

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2007
i just got mine in the mail today. i am pretty disappointed. maybe i got a dud, but the build quality is pretty poor. i bought mine from mygearstore's ebay store. i'm guessing the dual layer design makes it difficult to mold, but there was a "drip" of hard gray plastic on the softer green silicon on the part that frames the screen. (i got the gray/green case.) also, in the corners where the hard plastic sandwiches the softer inner plastic, the hard plastic seemed to be overfilled to the point where there was a thin film of hard plastic over the softer silicon. =( hopefully i can get a refund. the case i got looks so sloppily made.

V4705

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
update:
even more impressive, the candyshell has the same results as the otterbox defender:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmaW5bPuxFw

i just got mine in the mail today. i am pretty disappointed. maybe i got a dud, but the build quality is pretty poor. i bought mine from mygearstore's ebay store. i'm guessing the dual layer design makes it difficult to mold, but there was a "drip" of hard gray plastic on the softer green silicon on the part that frames the screen. (i got the gray/green case.) also, in the corners where the hard plastic sandwiches the softer inner plastic, the hard plastic seemed to be overfilled to the point where there was a thin film of hard plastic over the softer silicon. =( hopefully i can get a refund. the case i got looks so sloppily made.

i ordered three candyshells (black, white and dark gray),
the gray and the black was perfectly, the white i receive had the same defects you describe, i sent it back to the store and get a new (and good) one, so its definitely not ok, but its happened.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.