PDA

View Full Version : ITunes: China's Latest Import

SiliconAddict
May 18, 2004, 12:18 PM
Cool.

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/33855.html

One of China's largest PC vendors is jumping on the digital-hub bandwagon. Apple (Nasdaq: AAPL) and Founder Technology jointly announced Tuesday that Apple's iTunes digital music software for Windows will be preinstalled on its new PCs starting next month.

"Digital music is becoming very important in the Chinese PC market, and Apple's iTunes is the runaway market leader," Founder Technology chairman Wei Xin said. "As the first Chinese company to bundle this innovative software with our PCs, we are excited to provide our customers with the world's best digital music experience."
For his part, Rob Schoeben, vice president of applications marketing at Apple said that the company is teaming up with Founder "to deliver an easy-to-use, seamless music experience to millions of Chinese customers." .....

PlaceofDis
May 18, 2004, 01:12 PM
this is awesome for apple and the itms and ipods, hopefully it will be a success

acidrock
May 18, 2004, 10:17 PM
um they're aming at the chinese market but don't you need to be in the US or have a US address on the account? but yes it's good news, and I feel like I just got home!

virividox
May 19, 2004, 03:25 AM
woo hooo more exposure!!!

herrmill
May 19, 2004, 08:05 AM
I'm sure that with the market potential here & the plethera of iPod adverts around Shanghai & Hong Kong earlier this year, Apple will have iTunes available for local cardholders soon enough to coincide with the release of their software on local pcs.

Even though pcs are a dime a dozen here, just within 15 minutes of my place are 3 mini Apple stores in the huge computer/hi-tech super malls that are found in the Puxi side of Shanghai.