PDA

View Full Version : panther finder buttons

ted94709
May 18, 2004, 03:03 PM
hello, newbie here.
im on panther and i notice that the finder buttons on top of each finder window (back, forward, path, folder options, etc.) are this ugly brownish color instead of the white color found on the buttons in safari, itunes, or screenshots of panther ive seen on the web. is there any way to change the color? why do my buttons look out of place?

thanks for your help

powerbook 12 inch

King Cobra
May 18, 2004, 04:34 PM
Have you installed any theme hackies or such similar interface modifications at any time recently? Post a screenie so we can see "what the dillio" is. (Tell me I have that spelt right.)

To take a specific screenie of a Finder window that works for this senario: Go to the Finder window (resize it so that it's about two or three columns of items wide), hold down Command - Shift - 4 (your arrow cursor will turn into a spy sharpshooter-like icon), then click (and hold down) the mouse button at one corner of the Finder window, drag until you get to the opposite corner (if you start at NW, go to SE, etc.), and then release. You'll get a file called "Picture 1" on your desktop. Open it in Preview, select Export, choose JPEG Format, click on Options, checkmark the Target size option, enter 96000, accept changes, and hit save. This will create a JPEG version of the screenie that can be uploaded to the forums w/o problems. Upload the JPEG as an attachment with your reply here.

ted94709
May 18, 2004, 05:29 PM
thanks for the help! well ive attached the image below. i have NOT installed any haxies or any sort, the only 3rd party programs im running are some apps like quicksilver and launchbar. as far as i can remember, the buttons have been "off white" since i installed panther. i also notice, when i try to customize the toolbar the buttons revert back to their white color, but as soon as i click on the buttons they turn yellowish again, the pic shows this as on the right two buttons are miscolored after i just clicked them.

again, thanks for the help.

tjwett
May 18, 2004, 05:47 PM
that is odd indeed. the only thing i can conclude from this is:

A) there is indeed a haxie running on your computer
B) the Panther installer you used was modified somehow
C) you're pulling our collective leg

i use launchbar also and it doesn't do anything like that. i don't know what to say. wild stuff.

ted94709
May 18, 2004, 05:54 PM
the panther cd i used to install came straight in the mail from apple...a result of their $20 upgrade program for those who made their purchases right before panther was released.

is there any way i can tell if there are haxies running i dont know about or some other weird stuff going on behind my back on my system?

hehe, no leg pulling here...the off color was with me so long i thought it was normal, until i used another mac.