PDA

View Full Version : "How to" Hosting Multiple websites from XServe with Mac OS 10.5.7

cadiboy
Jun 17, 2009, 06:25 AM
Hi Guys, Can some one help me with hosting multiple websites from Xserve.

I do have an idea about serving multiple sites using servers and also know about the capability of doing it through web services from Server admin.

I need help in hosting multiple joomla websites as well as Filemaker pro through same server...

So .. please....

pro547
Jun 18, 2009, 03:56 PM
If you are hosting then on different domains then you need to look into virtual hosting for apache2. If you are just hosting them via a different directory like example.com/site1 example.com/site2 then you just need to create your directory setup as /Library/Webserver/Documents/site1 /Library/Webserver/Documents/site2 respectively.

For filemaker pro. I really haven't messed with that so I don't know where to start.

Eraserhead
Jun 18, 2009, 05:11 PM
I'd imagine you'd need Filemaker Server for web hosting, but I haven't actually used Filemaker before.

mathcolo
Jun 18, 2009, 10:56 PM
Like pro547 said, this is called virtual hosting. To set this up easily with Mac OS X Server, follow this guide: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=ServerAdmin/10.5/en/c3ws28.html