Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RJ17

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Etrade Mobile App w/ Push Notifications is now available. Also just had to accept new terms and conditions. All from iPhone App Store

LVdustin

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
To simply set up Push notifications with eTrade mobile, you must go to the settings in the app itself and turn on Watch & Stock Alerts and Badge alerts and etc. etc. The issue is, when those alerts are set on, the Push notification doesn't recognize those are going on and doesn't connect to the push server. If you were to set the alerts on in the app, and then exit the app and go back into settings in the app again, you will notice that those alerts you just set on in the settings section are now again once turned off.

arom

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2008
Having the same issue. They may have not turned on the push service on the server side of things yet.....

simpsomatt

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2009
Tatertown, KY
I can't find the push settings for the alert.

I have an iphone 3g with OS 3.0, and etrade mobile pro v1.2. In the Settings screen within Etrade Mobile Pro, I just have 3 settings: Remember User ID, Time Out Session, and Enable Shake Features

illegalprelude

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Los Angeles, California
I can't find the push settings for the alert.

I have an iphone 3g with OS 3.0, and etrade mobile pro v1.2. In the Settings screen within Etrade Mobile Pro, I just have 3 settings: Remember User ID, Time Out Session, and Enable Shake Features

ok. im glad im not going insane. ive been digging through my E*trade app and on the actual E*Trade site and I cannot find ****.

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007
So here is what I dont get. Do some people have push and others dont? Or was this more of a rumor cause on the App itself, it mentions nothing about push currently.

At one time the app did mention that it used push notifications to send alerts to your iPhone. Now, I don't see that mentioned anywhere. They must have removed all statements mentioning push notifications. Hopefully they will get this resolved and submit an update soon. This would be a very nice feature to have.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Push is back. 1.3 enables the push notification alert. I've just verified and it works. The settings page is a bit buggy in that after accepting terms of service, you must wait few seconds for data transfer to their website complete before clicking the next "on" setting.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
For those of you who have this app and an account with E-trade, I'm curious as to what you think of E-trade in general? Do you like it more than other brokerage services? Why/why not?

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
For those of you who have this app and an account with E-trade, I'm curious as to what you think of E-trade in general? Do you like it more than other brokerage services? Why/why not?
I have been an ETRADE user since 1999.

The online service itself is okay. Their customer service, on the other hand, is horrid. They make numerous mistakes, not willing to compensate for their incompetencies (e.g., they change the check routing # without telling me about it, only reimbursed half the check bounce fee), and so on.

I would switch if I wasn't so lazy.

illegalprelude

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
Los Angeles, California

I dont have a problem with them. Having said that, I havent really used anybody else to compare. Although, having the E*trade app for me, really puts them up a notch compared to everybody else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.