Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aj350z

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Never had this problem before. I purchased a TV show on my Mac Pro and synced it to the :apple:TV. I have been streaming another show "Scrubs" all morning just watching episodes. Just tried to watch the purchased TV show "Dollhouse" and all that came up was a White screen. It showed that it was playing but no sound and only that white screen. I went to my Mac Pro and played it from iTunes and it played fine.

Any suggestions?:confused:

Football Dad

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
Try This

Never had this problem before. I purchased a TV show on my Mac Pro and synced it to the :apple:TV. I have been streaming another show "Scrubs" all morning just watching episodes. Just tried to watch the purchased TV show "Dollhouse" and all that came up was a White screen. It showed that it was playing but no sound and only that white screen. I went to my Mac Pro and played it from iTunes and it played fine.

Any suggestions?:confused:

Sometimes my Apple Tv gets "constipated". It gives my a white screen when playing purchased material. Try unplugging the power from your Apple TV, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in. Works on mine everytime.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.