PDA

View Full Version : Macrumors War 3 update!

Macmaniac
Jul 3, 2002, 08:34 PM
Well Channel Macrumors is up, on prob {Mac} sig does not work! We need to think of a sig without odd characters. Please we need suggestions. If you are looking for me I am XDarkSniperX I will be in the Macrumors channel whenever I'm on. I look forward to seeing people on channel Macrumors.
I was the second person to buy War 3 at my local compUSA, despite me thinking that there were gonna be 100 people at the store there were only one other person buying War 3 when I was there(10:01 AM!)
BTW the Apple section of the store has gotten larger:)

War 3 is well worth every penny!

job
Jul 3, 2002, 08:44 PM
And apparently it runs very well on a Ati 8MB Rage 128 card. I know someone in the IMG forums that was running on an iMac DV at 1024*768 resolution (16 bit color) with all the detail settings turned down to low.

hitman

must......buy.......soon......

ps. the reason why that noone was at compusa is probably because with 4.5 million preorders, the majority of gamers are waiting at home :D

Macmaniac
Jul 3, 2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by hitman
And apparently it runs very well on a Ati 8MB Rage 128 card. I know someone in the IMG forums that was running on an iMac DV at 1024*768 resolution (16 bit color) with all the detail settings turned down to low.

hitman

must......buy.......soon......

ps. the reason why that noone was at compusa is probably because with 4.5 million preorders, the majority of gamers are waiting at home :D
When they wheeled out the cart with all the War 3s on them there where over 100 boxes that were pre-ordered. I'm hard core I want my box on the first day! No sitting in my house waiting for it to ship!

job
Jul 3, 2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Macmaniac

When they wheeled out the cart with all the War 3s on them there where over 100 boxes that were pre-ordered. I'm hard core I want my box on the first day! No sitting in my house waiting for it to ship!

What about camping out the night before in front of the store? :D

Durandal7
Jul 3, 2002, 08:57 PM
Well Channel Macrumors is up, on prob {Mac} sig does not work!

Kind of annoying, I'm just using [Mac] on B.Net now. I'll try and get W3 soon.

billiam0878
Jul 3, 2002, 09:25 PM
I've got a 500MHz TiBook (Rev A), do you think Warcraft 3 would run on my machine? Thanks

Bill

job
Jul 3, 2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by billiam0878
I've got a 500MHz TiBook (Rev A), do you think Warcraft 3 would run on my machine? Thanks

Bill

How much RAM do you have? I have heard that WC3 runs fine on 400Mhz and an 8MB Rage 128 card, as long as you turn down the detail settings you should be fine.

hitman

Durandal7
Jul 3, 2002, 10:46 PM
Does processor speed matter that much? I have a 300mhz tower with a 16MB card and 256MB RAM. Would Warcraft 3 work with it?

firewire2001
Jul 4, 2002, 12:39 AM
Well Channel Macrumors is up, on prob {Mac} sig does not work! We need to think of a sig without odd characters. Please we need suggestions. If you are looking for me I am XDarkSniperX I will be in the Macrumors channel whenever I'm on. I look forward to seeing people on channel Macrumors.
I was the second person to buy War 3 at my local compUSA, despite me thinking that there were gonna be 100 people at the store there were only one other person buying War 3 when I was there(10:01 AM!)
BTW the Apple section of the store has gotten larger:)

War 3 is well worth every penny!

haha.. thats kinda like this quote i saw a while ago -- "disneyland is getting so crouded now that no one goes anymore...". ill bet a lotta people had similar logic as you -- i was surprised to hear that there wasnt a long line.. especially considering it wasnt late at night or antyhing..

Macmaniac
Jul 4, 2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by asurace
Does processor speed matter that much? I have a 300mhz tower with a 16MB card and 256MB RAM. Would Warcraft 3 work with it?
Well it will run but very slowly! You have the very minimum requirments so the game will run slow:(

I was thinking about camping but, my parents put the kybosh on that(Camping in the middle of a huge parkin lot makes no sense)

job
Jul 4, 2002, 11:37 PM
(Camping in the middle of a huge parkin lot makes no sense)

Unless you are a Star Wars fanatic camping out for three weeks in front of a movie theater. :D