Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxjg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
App: Lyrical
Site: http://clinkapps.com/#lyrical
iTunes Links: Free: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=318773987&mt=8
Premium: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=319452177&mt=8
Price: Free with ads or 1.99$
Description: Lyrical makes it easy to find lyrics. When you launch Lyrical, it will automatically find the lyrics for whatever song you're listening to on your iPod app, without you having to do anything at all. Want to find lyrics for another song? It's as easy as selecting it from your iPod libary. Don't have it in your library, or don't know what the title of the song is? You can search for the song lyrics by title, artist, or even just a few words you know from the song. It's that simple.

maxjg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
Wow!

This is really good!

Thanks!

Thanks for your feedback! We're thankfully doing really well in downloads and sales (30th in free music apps, 42nd in paid music apps). Any feedback here is absolutely listened to and appreciated, so if you guys have any other thoughts on it I'd love to hear them!

divabimbers

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2007
As someone who is hard of hearing, this app is indispensable because I can finally follow along. One question though. Would it be possible to make it so you can start songs from there instead of needing to go through the iPod app?

maxjg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
As someone who is hard of hearing, this app is indispensable because I can finally follow along. One question though. Would it be possible to make it so you can start songs from there instead of needing to go through the iPod app?
Glad to hear it's helping you out! I hadn't really considered it (my line of thought was that it'd already be playing), but I can certainly see having a "play this song" button on the select view, once you're viewing the lyrics for the song. I'll mark that up for the next update.

divabimbers

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2007
Glad to hear it's helping you out! I hadn't really considered it (my line of thought was that it'd already be playing), but I can certainly see having a "play this song" button on the select view, once you're viewing the lyrics for the song. I'll mark that up for the next update.

Awesome, I'll be looking forward to it!

poorboy8u

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2008
This is a pretty awesome app. There has been only one band that it didn't have lyrics for. So far so good.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

maxjg said:
App: Lyrical
Site: http://clinkapps.com/#lyrical
iTunes Links: Free: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=318773987&mt=8
Premium: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=319452177&mt=8
Price: Free with ads or 1.99$
Description: Lyrical makes it easy to find lyrics. When you launch Lyrical, it will automatically find the lyrics for whatever song you're listening to on your iPod app, without you having to do anything at all. Want to find lyrics for another song? It's as easy as selecting it from your iPod libary. Don't have it in your library, or don't know what the title of the song is? You can search for the song lyrics by title, artist, or even just a few words you know from the song. It's that simple.

Sounds nice. Will it read from existing lyrics, allow editing and/or insert found lyrics into the file?

maxjg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
This is a pretty awesome app. There has been only one band that it didn't have lyrics for. So far so good.
Lyrical pulls its lyrics from LyricWiki, so it can be requested. They don't have a great api for it at the moment, but I may add a request song button to Lyrical so the LyricWiki editors can know the song is in demand.

Sounds nice. Will it read from existing lyrics, allow editing and/or insert found lyrics into the file?
We unfortunately have read-only access to your library, so I can see if you already have lyrics, but I can't find lyrics and write them into your library. At the moment, we don't have an option to override with your own lyrics (generally when people have their own lyrics already, they tend to be from LyricWiki), but if this is something that people want I'll certainly consider adding it.

maxjg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
Awesome, I'll be looking forward to it!

I'm beginning work on it now, look for it in the next few weeks (I'll post a notice here). It shouldn't take a horrendous amount of time to implement (the way we built the app, this is very easily integrated), but Apple is fairly bogged down right now, so they may take a little while to review it.

divabimbers

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2007
I'm beginning work on it now, look for it in the next few weeks (I'll post a notice here). It shouldn't take a horrendous amount of time to implement (the way we built the app, this is very easily integrated), but Apple is fairly bogged down right now, so they may take a little while to review it.

Not a problem, I completely understand about it taking a while before the update shows up. It's to be expected with everything going on as of late but thank you for saying you'll keep us posted!

maxjg

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 6, 2006
Not a problem, I completely understand about it taking a while before the update shows up. It's to be expected with everything going on as of late but thank you for saying you'll keep us posted!

I'm happy to say that the update (for both Lyrical and Lyrical Premium) is completed and in review now. Look for it in about a week or so.

HeyKenny

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2007
You know I really liked this program - when it worked! I payed for the full version and now it's useless. Lyric-wiki got shut down by the RIAA I guess.

It's great for the developer that so many people bought it. But now he has our money and we have zip. Nice. This should have never been approved by Apple if it wasn't legit.

MattWylde

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2009
You know I really liked this program - when it worked! I payed for the full version and now it's useless. Lyric-wiki got shut down by the RIAA I guess.

It's great for the developer that so many people bought it. But now he has our money and we have zip. Nice. This should have never been approved by Apple if it wasn't legit.

I also really liked this app. When it stopped pulling up the lyrics, I emailed the developers and asked for a refund. They responded and told me to contact Apple for a refund. I emailed Apple support, they've not responded. I have not bought another lyric app because of being burned on this one. Apple should have definitely not allowed these apps in the store if it's main function was doing something illegal. If they allowed this, they should allow the torrent manager app that they rejected not long ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.