Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The ArchAngel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Just curious to know, anyone else had an issue with their 1st gen iPhone not connecting to EDGE post-3.0 update?

Thanks.

Also, trying to do a restore now to see if it corrects the problem, but power-cycling does not correct the issue.

RMB78

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
I'm dealing with the same issue. Updated my first gen iPhone to 3.0 last night around 6:30 PM EST. Didn't appear to have any issues through the iTunes update process. I restarted the phone afterwards and afterwards the wonderful little "E" did not appear. I can make and recieve phone calls, but not getting any data traffic.

I haven't found much on Google related to this issue yet, so I'm interested to hear if this was common with the original iPhones.

xpvte

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2009
Hey Guys,

I just updated my phone for the first time from 1.1.3 to 3.0(yea i know, i never got around to doing all the other updates..lol) but i find i am having the same problem as you are.

On top of losing all my apps, the little "E" wont appear. Under settings it doesnt even say 'edge' anymore, just 'cellular data network.' i'm guessing its the same thing as it asks for apn, username and password. i usually get good network coverage around my area, but now nothing =(

Have you had any luck the past couple of weeks figuring this out?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.