Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
You need a premium Sirius subscription. I'll would need to pay $3 a month more to use the app. I'll decide if that is worth it when I see some reviews.

sharp65

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Why the heck does this only work on the second gen touch?

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
Why would I use that when I can get more than 120 channels using other radio streaming apps?

poblack

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2007
Why would I use that when I can get more than 120 channels using other radio streaming apps?

Because non of those other steaming apps offer the type of content sirius xm offers. Check out the channel line up. No comparison. Try the 7 day trial

zman78

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
I just downloaded it.. they ****ing removed Howard 100... this is the only reason why I would get the app.. really lame move Sirius.

dss

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
No Howard is a typical move for the pathetic excuse of what Sat radio has become under Mel's watch.

This is a huge fail. I bet they fold and add Howard in an update.

zman78

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
I'm pissed they blocked Howard 100 and 101 but you can listen to them on the web.. its ridiculous.

velvetelvis

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
I just downloaded it.. they ****ing removed Howard 100... this is the only reason why I would get the app.. really lame move Sirius.

THEY WHAT??? what the f... heck? the only reason i wanted this app and they took it out? well im just gonna have to download it and see for myself. stupid stupid stupid if they did.

zman78

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
THEY WHAT??? what the f... heck? the only reason i wanted this app and they took it out? well im just gonna have to download it and see for myself. stupid stupid stupid if they did.

HAHAHAHA they have Playboy but NOT Howard Stern?? OMFG Talk about ridiculous.. this has ATT written all over it. They know if Howard was there, it would bomb their network with streaming.. I really bet this is why Howard is not on the iPhone app BUT you can still get him on the website app.

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
Wow. Saw the thread title, and was set to ask how much to subscribe, if my only goal was to listen to Howard and Bubba.

Not available? They lost me.

zman78

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
They'll probably create a new subscription package so you can listen to Howard or charge for a Premium version of the app in the future.

zman78

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
NICE! I just read the fine print on Sirius's download page on the main site:

Some select programming, including MLB® Play-by-Play, NFL Play-by-Play, SIRIUS NASCAR® Radio, and Howard Stern, will not be available on the iPhone and iPod touch. Listeners will continue to be able to access that programming through the platforms they are currently offered on.

Andruw91

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2008
Connecticut
Little confused about this app. I have Sirius radio in 2 of my cars, and get the basic online radio (poor sound quality). Does that mean if I want to use this app I need to add the premium internet radio to it for the extra cost per month?

zman78

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
As soon as they start allowing reviews, I'm giving it 1 star and a terrible review noting the removal of Howard Stern and other premium channels.

zman78

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
Little confused about this app. I have Sirius radio in 2 of my cars, and get the basic online radio (poor sound quality). Does that mean if I want to use this app I need to add the premium internet radio to it for the extra cost per month?

yes it does. but don't waste your time if you're going to get it for The Stern Show or any of the other really good programming that made Sirius the satalitte radio powerhouse it is today.

shanew21

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
The app sound great on WiFi. Seriously I can't tell the difference between WiFi and iPod!

However 3G sounds a bit compressed. It's still great, but not a substitute for a car radio.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.