Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Austin2048

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
Holmes, Pennsylvania
hey guys, so i just plugged my iPod touch into my laptop and i saw that update thing pop up. i clicked download only just to see what would happen and the 3.0 firmware started downloading after i clicked ok to a few things. i know i didnt buy it cuz i only had 23 cents in my apple account...... did i just get the firmware for free?? at the moment it is still downloading

ok..... the 3.0 firmware just got down downloading.... it didnt say ANYTHING about buying anything or not having enough money in my account.... where does iTunes save its firmwares??

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
windows location is:

%AppData%\Apple Computer\iTunes\iPod Software Updates

and don't worry your not the only person to get it for free LOADS of people have been

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
there wasn't a line lol theres been reports that people were just clicking buy now and it just went directly to downloading it, for me I just put my iPod into dfu mode and it got the firmware for me fre free lol

teohyc

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2007
Have you turned off the notification that tells you your paid downloads?

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
I did the same with 2.0 and I never got charged, I have had no reciept from apple for the firmware, I have no card linked to my iTunes account so I don't see how I could of been charged :p

Winter Charm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2008
I did the same with 2.0 and I never got charged, I have had no reciept from apple for the firmware, I have no card linked to my iTunes account so I don't see how I could of been charged :p

Lucky LOL - i had to pay the $9.95 for mine :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.