PDA

View Full Version : Turn off CD verification?

rnizlek
May 19, 2004, 04:59 PM
This may be a stupid question, but under 10.3.3, how does one turn off the verification feature after a CD is burned. I have no need to wait for the CD to be verified, so i find it much easier if I could just have the computer stop when it is done burning, rather than automatically verify the CD.

Thanks!

stoid
May 19, 2004, 05:13 PM
I use Toast to burn all my CDs, but could you just click cancel once it's done burning the CD and cancel the verification process?

Freg3000
May 19, 2004, 05:37 PM
I use Toast to burn all my CDs, but could you just click cancel once it's done burning the CD and cancel the verification process?

I know that sounds easy enough, but if you're not in the room at the time, and don't select Verify or Cancel, it defaults into Verify.....which may take a lot long than the one minute you stepped out of the room.

I'd too like to know if you could turn verification off somehow in Toast.

7on
May 19, 2004, 06:11 PM
You can do this in Disk Utility, but not within Finder. 10.4 feature perhaps?

johnnyjibbs
May 19, 2004, 06:50 PM
This annoys me too. I was confused at first because the Finder actually tells you that it is "burning" the CD when it is in fact verifiying. This happened when I was burning a data DVD - I thought it had burnt it twice! (Only the console log told me that it was verifying during the second 'burn').

Options please Apple!

cb911
May 20, 2004, 02:38 AM
Freg3000, yep, you can turn off verification in Toast just be going to the 'advanced' panel (i think) after you click the Record button, before you burn the disk. easy. :)