Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nph

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 9, 2005
Hi all

I just set up a mac mini I bought for my sister and temporarily hooked it up to a 32 inch Sony XBR 6 tv via HDMI. Currently updating it and configuring it for her. The Mac Mini is the last gen 1.86 so it has the Intel integrated graphic inside.

You are probably thinking why the heck is writing about this in the MBA forum.
Well here is why:
When I stand close to the tv (since the keyboard and mouse is close) I notice faint lines! Just like we have seen o the MBA out there. It is more like the very faint cases, like one of the two MBA rev C I just saw at the local Apple store in Plano Tx.

I just thought it was very interesting since I have never seen the lines before on any other computer. I think this means that we can safely rule out the NVidia 9400M as the culprit and put the blame where it should be, on the actual screen.
Funny enough I have been complaining to my wife that this Sony has not been as bright as the other Sony tv we had and given it is the XBR model it should be better. Maybe this explains it?
Anyway, this might give some more insights to the people who are trying to figure out what is going on with the lines. Scottsdale comes to mind.;)

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Hi all

I just set up a mac mini I bought for my sister and temporarily hooked it up to a 32 inch Sony XBR 6 tv via HDMI. Currently updating it and configuring it for her. The Mac Mini is the last gen 1.86 so it has the Intel integrated graphic inside.

You are probably thinking why the heck is writing about this in the MBA forum.
Well here is why:
When I stand close to the tv (since the keyboard and mouse is close) I notice faint lines! Just like we have seen o the MBA out there. It is more like the very faint cases, like one of the two MBA rev C I just saw at the local Apple store in Plano Tx.

I just thought it was very interesting since I have never seen the lines before on any other computer. I think this means that we can safely rule out the NVidia 9400M as the culprit and put the blame where it should be, on the actual screen.
Funny enough I have been complaining to my wife that this Sony has not been as bright as the other Sony tv we had and given it is the XBR model it should be better. Maybe this explains it?
Anyway, this might give some more insights to the people who are trying to figure out what is going on with the lines. Scottsdale comes to mind.;)

I have some very interesting results, I think. I need to do some more tests tomorrow, but I may just have this thing figured out!

h1d

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
Apple fans don't spill secrets :p
It's shown when it's ready.

"The fix is available from, today" (So I hope...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.