Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Minimoose 360

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
NY
I have a white 3G and got a large bloodstain on the back (which I didn't notice until after it dried.) I have tried wiping it off with a warm damp towel but to no avail. Any suggestions on a safe cleaner to remove the blood?

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
I have a white 3G and got a large bloodstain on the back (which I didn't notice until after it dried.) I have tried wiping it off with a warm damp towel but to no avail. Any suggestions on a safe cleaner to remove the blood?

I'd suggest a very small amount of isopropyl alcohol. I do stress that it is a SMALL amount applied directly to a cloth. The remainder should evaporate quickly and/or be dried off with a dry cloth. I've known plenty of people who have done this with no ill effects.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
NOT ALCOHOL - it will denature the proteins in the blood and mage it harder to clean up. Careful, avoiding joints/openings where liquids could penetrate the case, a bit of hydrogen peroxide on a paper towel or cotton swab.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
How the hell did you get a blood stain on your phone? It had to be asked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.