Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexeipg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Is it possible to sell an Iphone 3G S on ebay if I just signed up for a 2 new year contract?

I decided having a good camera and wireless syncing is too important to me so I want to get a Nokia N86 instead. Does anyone know if the data plan for the iPhone will also work on an unlocked N86 and, if not, is it possible to cancel the data plan and just pay for voice/text?

Thanks in advance!

Alexei

DirtySocks85

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2009
Wichita, KS
How bad do you want to get rid of it? Yes, you should be able to sell it just fine and drop the iPhone data plan from your contract. Actually I believe AT&T (assuming you're in the US) has a 30 day satisfaction policy where you can actually just return it to them and change your plan. Although if you were selling it for "cheap" there are many here, myself included, that would want to get an upgrade from our 3G at a lower price.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Unless you are going to return it to At&T, you'll be on the hook for the unsubsidized price of the phone if you cancel your contract.

kAoTiX

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2008
Midlands, UK
You should have no issues returning it to AT&T although I don't know where they stand on the 2yr contract you took out on it.
They clearly have a grace period in which you can return a phone if you don't like it.

I'd call them up and find out what you can do.
I take it your N86 was on contract with them maybe?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.