Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lapino

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
I just installed the 3.0 FW but have an annoying issue with WiFi. Before, my iTouch would automatically connect to my home network, but now I always have to go to the Wifi settings and manually connect to it.

Any way to fix this?

ps: after installing 3.0, my apps didn't work anymore too. Had to de-authorize my iTouch and authorize it again to make them work. Normal?

cheeser83

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2009
Same Here

I just installed the 3.0 FW but have an annoying issue with WiFi. Before, my iTouch would automatically connect to my home network, but now I always have to go to the Wifi settings and manually connect to it.

Any way to fix this?

ps: after installing 3.0, my apps didn't work anymore too. Had to de-authorize my iTouch and authorize it again to make them work. Normal?

I had/have this same problem. It was doing it with my home network. The fix was to "forget" the network, then reconnect to it and fill in the password.

However, it is doing it with my network at my office, and the fix I did at home is not working here. If anyone figures the fix out, please advise!!

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Try resetting the office wireless access point. My iPod is working the same on 3.0 as on 2.2, but the office wifi is always slower and more of a pain to use than my home wifi. (both are 802.11g) I think there are just too many people coming and going, using it, and it needs to be reset more often. I swear the DHCP just eventually starts failing. I usually go in there and reset it every couple weeks. It helps. Course, I have access to mine, small office.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.