PDA

View Full Version : Network Problems

The monster
May 20, 2004, 10:43 AM
Question for peple who really knows...

Please someone help me.

I been working trying to solve why in my department network internet is not working well, I have to say that our server is a Dell PC. (I canot replace for a Mac or a real server). One problem is that I can't open serveral pages and I can not log on to microsoft messenger. And when messenger works I ca not open a single page...

Could anyone help me?

varmit
May 20, 2004, 11:02 AM
Question for peple who really knows...

Please someone help me.

I been working trying to solve why in my department network internet is not working well, I have to say that our server is a Dell PC. (I canot replace for a Mac or a real server). One problem is that I can't open serveral pages and I can not log on to microsoft messenger. And when messenger works I ca not open a single page...

Could anyone help me?

All the traffic for the internet goes though this one server. Is that what you are saying? What operating system is on the Dell? So, you can't open webpages or use MS Messenger, is this for everyone in the department? First off, follow where your traffic goes, and see if all the hardware that it goes though is working properly. You can do this though pinging other computers to see if the traffic is making it though and doing traces to see if packets can't get past a certain point.

Best guess is maybe a firewall that is not working properly, or the Dell is not setup correctly. There are multiple things that could be wrong, and all I know is you have a Dell.