PDA

View Full Version : Pasadena, CA

screensaver400
Jun 18, 2009, 08:33 PM
How about good old Pasadena? It's got some advantages . . . It's an outdoor location, so we can line up right at the front door, parking is plentiful and relatively cheap, and Old Pasadena is pretty nice.

Anyone planning on going there?

SgtBulldog
Jun 18, 2009, 09:13 PM
I'll be there at 7 am. The store says that as long as you pre-ordered and you show up at least 10 min before closing, your iPhone will be there waiting for you.

Jun 18, 2009, 09:50 PM
Pasadena and Brea are roughly the same distance from me, Pasadena is a little closer, and I rather go to the Pasadena store.

BUT!!!!

Sales tax is lower in Brea, so thats where I am going!

nickarate
Jun 16, 2010, 01:38 PM
Reviving this bad boy. Anyone gonna be there for the iPhone 4?

luvapplepasadna
Jun 18, 2010, 06:32 PM
Yes I will be there! Not sure exactly what time... anybody know when the store opens? :D

Illusion986
Jun 18, 2010, 06:33 PM
I will be there. Still unsure what time as i don't know work schedule yet.

havenhamilton
Jun 18, 2010, 06:45 PM
Yes I will be there! Not sure exactly what time... anybody know when the store opens? :D

7am

rjlawrencejr
Jun 19, 2010, 12:08 AM
I plan on being out there on Thursday for sure. I wonder if the same rules will apply as with the GS launch? I reserved a phone on Tuesday.

Illusion986
Jun 19, 2010, 01:27 AM
I plan on being out there on Thursday for sure. I wonder if the same rules will apply as with the GS launch? I reserved a phone on Tuesday.

What rules were that?

luvapplepasadna
Jun 21, 2010, 01:37 AM
I could be wrong but when I was on my daily walk this evening it looked like there might be some people kind of already lining up on Colorado?

Omniblast
Jun 21, 2010, 01:53 PM
I could be wrong but when I was on my daily walk this evening it looked like there might be some people kind of already lining up on Colorado?

I think this thread was for the older either 3gs or 3g launch. XD~
Might want to start a new one. Too bad we can't delete older threads to update this and clean it up a bit.

DJ ReFRESH
Jun 21, 2010, 01:57 PM
I think this thread was for the older either 3gs or 3g launch. XD~
Might want to start a new one. Too bad we can't delete older threads to update this and clean it up a bit.

what for? there's only 3 posts pertaining to previous releases.

tlewsadder
Jun 22, 2010, 12:20 PM
If we get an type of confirmation about the white version being available I will be there on Wednesday to camp out. We didnt reserve any units because we want the white units.

I read on twitter that someone claims to have seem somewhat of a line forming. Ill cruise by later and check it out and report back.

Cheers.

rvalverde83
Jun 22, 2010, 04:56 PM
If we get an type of confirmation about the white version being available I will be there on Wednesday to camp out. We didnt reserve any units because we want the white units.

I read on twitter that someone claims to have seem somewhat of a line forming. Ill cruise by later and check it out and report back.

Cheers.

really? already camping out? i plan on being there wednesday night as well. let us know if there really are people out already.
thanks!

albert1028
Jun 22, 2010, 11:07 PM
I called this afternoon, talked to someone...

1. There will be two lines, reserved and non-reserved.

2. Authorized users can purchase upgrades as long you have all the account info, last 4 digits of primary account holder's SSN, and billing zip code!

Hopefully we can activate it at home like on one posters said and we can all be in and out in a few hours.

Nice!

Ttechnogeekyt
Jun 23, 2010, 01:19 AM
I will be there!!! Woot woot I'm hoping for the more feminine white color but if not I guess ill settle for black... :-/

SirHaakon
Jun 23, 2010, 02:07 AM
really? already camping out? i plan on being there wednesday night as well. let us know if there really are people out already.
thanks!
I drove by this evening and there's no one waiting yet.

tlewsadder
Jun 23, 2010, 09:06 AM
What time is everyone thinking about heading over? Last year there wasn't really much of a line and I was able o communicate with the few people that were there via twitter and they told me when to come down. :-) I think I ended up getting there at 3am.

The year before (3G launch) we got there at 3pm and stayed all night. We were about 8-10 people back.

I might run over to Jamba Juice around noon to see if anyone is there.... Once I am there later this evening I will let you all know via twitter @tlewsadder.

Cheers.

Omniblast
Jun 23, 2010, 10:23 AM
Let me know how the line is. I need to stand in 2 lines. One for unreserved, and one for reserved. :\ I couldn't reserve 2 phones. :\

jaydub514
Jun 23, 2010, 12:47 PM
So I have a reservation for tomorrow -- when is everyone planning to get in line? I have a friend that wants the white...but may consider black so I may have to be in two lines as well (wasn't able to reserve one for her).

I'm just hoping to be far ahead enough in line to get in and out within an hour before work, but the unreserved line might take forever if they help all the reservations first. Bah!

tlewsadder
Jun 23, 2010, 01:29 PM
So I have a reservation for tomorrow -- when is everyone planning to get in line? I have a friend that wants the white...but may consider black so I may have to be in two lines as well (wasn't able to reserve one for her).

I'm just hoping to be far ahead enough in line to get in and out within an hour before work, but the unreserved line might take forever if they help all the reservations first. Bah!

We were in the front of the unreserved line last year and were in and out faster than a few of the people at the front of the reserved line. :D

Last year no one was aware that there was supposed to be 2 lines until the manager came out and informed people about the second line. They actually opened an hour early too because they were prepared and ahead of schedule. It was awesome. :apple:

eMagine
Jun 23, 2010, 01:42 PM
I'm planning on being there at 7.

jaydub514
Jun 23, 2010, 01:56 PM
Hmmm sounds like the Pasadena store (at least last year) is pretty well staffed.

On another related note -- where are you guys parking? I usually use the structure right behind the Apple store, but don't know if it's open that early.

Illusion986
Jun 23, 2010, 03:47 PM
Hmmm sounds like the Pasadena store (at least last year) is pretty well staffed.

On another related note -- where are you guys parking? I usually use the structure right behind the Apple store, but don't know if it's open that early.

I always use parking lot on de lacey and colorado but don't know what time they open.

Keymaster
Jun 23, 2010, 03:57 PM
I always use parking lot on de lacey and colorado but don't know what time they open.

The DeLacey parking garage is open 24 hours, with the 90 minute free parking kicking in after 5am.

I think I'll head over in the morning...not sure I'll be there at 7am though, that's a bit early for me. :)

tlewsadder
Jun 23, 2010, 04:05 PM
Did you guys/gals see this? No white iPhone until second half of July.

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/23/apple-white-iphone-4-models-set-for-second-half-of-july-availability/

I personally wanted a white device but the black one is awesome as well. Has anyone heard anything about quantities of devices going to be available for non pre-order customers. I would have pre-ordered the black 32gb model had I known the white wasn't going to be available. It would suck to spend the night out in Old Town if there weren't any devices available. :mad:

I would assume that Steve and team wouldn't sell all the devices as part of the pre-order. He likes the launch day hype too much. haha.

DunksNOnes
Jun 23, 2010, 04:26 PM
good chance to get one if I go at midnight,, if I don't have a reservation?

best buy probably won't come through with my pre-order,

anyone else here gonna wait in the Un-Reserved line?! lets meet up tonight?!

qpid360
Jun 23, 2010, 04:58 PM
I'm typing this from inside the Apple Store, Pasadena.

There are already two lines, about 5 guys here for reserved and about 10 or so for non-reserved. I was planning on coming back around 3-4am, but I don't wanna get caught in a long line, so I might actually just grab my stuff from home and come back.

Some guy claims to have been here since Monday, but I doubt it since some of you guys didn't see anyone when you drove by.

Anyway, hope to see some of y'all here!

jaydub514
Jun 23, 2010, 05:23 PM
I'm typing this from inside the Apple Store, Pasadena.

There are already two lines, about 5 guys here for reserved and about 10 or so for non-reserved. I was planning on coming back around 3-4am, but I don't wanna get caught in a long line, so I might actually just grab my stuff from home and come back.

Some guy claims to have been here since Monday, but I doubt it since some of you guys didn't see anyone when you drove by.

Anyway, hope to see some of y'all here!

Wow, that's hardcore of some people!

I called Pasadena during my lunch today, and the girl on the phone said they'd hang on to the "reserved" phone until closing time on the 24th...but part of the fun is getting caught up in the hoopla/hype surrounding the launch so if I'm feeling a little daring I might just step into line with the rest of you guys and gals regardless!

DunksNOnes
Jun 23, 2010, 05:36 PM
any speculation on how many non-reserved they'll have?

tlewsadder
Jun 23, 2010, 06:01 PM
I will definitely be there this afternoon if there is already a line.

If Apple is arranging two lines then it sounds like they do have devices for people without pre-orders.

What are you guys/gals getting? 16 gb or 32 gb? 32 for me. :apple:

tlewsadder
Jun 23, 2010, 06:08 PM
Local businesses in Old Town are offering deals to people who have a receipt for a new iphone.

http://www.oldpasadena.org/docs/OldPas_iPhone_promos.pdf

rvalverde83
Jun 23, 2010, 06:18 PM
I will definitely be there this afternoon if there is already a line.

If Apple is arranging two lines then it sounds like they do have devices for people without pre-orders.

What are you guys/gals getting? 16 gb or 32 gb? 32 for me. :apple:

yeah ill be there right before 8 hopefully not too many will be there yet. i didn't pre-order so i hope they have enough unreserved phones.
ill be getting the 32gb!
see ya there!

btw keep us updated when you get there!

qpid360
Jun 23, 2010, 06:47 PM
I'm here! The line for those with no preorders is getting longer. I'm about 5-6 for those who reserved. It's hot outside so I'm in the store charging my iPad. :)

albert1028
Jun 23, 2010, 06:53 PM
I'm here! The line for those with no preorders is getting longer. I'm about 5-6 for those who reserved. It's hot outside so I'm in the store charging my iPad. :)

Nice, let us know later tonight how many are in reserve, I plan to get there around 6.

rvalverde83
Jun 23, 2010, 06:58 PM

abput how many in the unreserved line? anyway you can find out how many unreserved phones they're going to have for sale?

jaydub514
Jun 23, 2010, 07:18 PM
So let's make this an Old Town MacRumors meet up! haha -- thanks for the updates everyone, still sitting here at work watching the clock tick, I will get down there as soon as I get my night situated!

32gb for me...coming from a 2g 8gb early adopter -- what are the chances I'll be impressed with the upgrade? ;)

I can definitely say though, the original iPhone has served me flawlessly over the past 3 years. By far the longest I've ever had a phone -- I had some major mobile handset OCD before...but I've found "the one" as they say haha!

rvalverde83
Jun 23, 2010, 07:27 PM
does anyone know how many phones theyll have available for those who didnt get to make a reservation. apparantly the line is getting longer and i'm not gonna be there until 8pm.
thanks

jaydub514
Jun 23, 2010, 07:41 PM
does anyone know how many phones theyll have available for those who didnt get to make a reservation. apparantly the line is getting longer and i'm not gonna be there until 8pm.
thanks

Take it easy man, you posted the same thing like 30 minutes ago!

qpid360
Jun 23, 2010, 08:32 PM
The employee I asked just said they have enough for everyone. But then again there's only about 50 people in line. Wouldn't tell me actual figures.

tlewsadder
Jun 23, 2010, 09:03 PM
Just got to Old Town and the line is much longer than I had anticipated for this time of day. Apple has signs outside displaying two different lines. 1 for pre-order and 1 for purchases.

This gives me the feeling that they will have units for sale. Haha.

If you were planning on coming down tomorrow morning without a preorder you are going to have a long wait.

delioninsyd
Jun 23, 2010, 09:30 PM
I just drove by after work and the line was all the way down the alley. I was planning on going to the apple store at 3am tomorrow but now I think i will just go to best buy instead.

dcheng
Jun 23, 2010, 10:15 PM
So how bad is the reserved live vs. the non-reserved line? Do I need to plan on getting there extra early if I have one reserved? Or is there any hope that they'll open a hour early like they did for one of the other launches? I'm taking a half-day from work tomorrow, and I'd like to at least try to make it back in time...:)

qpid360
Jun 23, 2010, 10:19 PM
So how bad is the reserved live vs. the non-reserved line? Do I need to plan on getting there extra early if I have one reserved? Or is there any hope that they'll open a hour early like they did for one of the other launches? I'm taking a half-day from work tomorrow, and I'd like to at least try to make it back in time...:)

The reserved line is a small group.

bushbaby
Jun 23, 2010, 10:24 PM
If the non-reserved line was the one that went down the little alley, then the reserved line wasn't that bad. I didn't count, but very short (although maybe someone was holding their place). I would guess the alley line was about 40 people when I passed by on foot an hour ago. Everyone had a little beach chair.

Be nice to the Apple people. They are going to work long hours tomorrow. I saw some guy be really rude to a very nice Apple genius.

dcheng
Jun 23, 2010, 10:27 PM
Cool. So maybe I don't need to kill myself to get there too early.

Thanks!

jupiterstar
Jun 23, 2010, 10:33 PM
Given the short(er) reservation line, I'll be showing up at only at 5-6am in hopes that they'll open an hour early! Thanks!

jaydub514
Jun 24, 2010, 01:01 AM
Any updates from the battlefront?!

rjlawrencejr
Jun 24, 2010, 01:47 AM
I plan to arrive at 6:30am. That would be great if the store were to open at 7:00am! I have one on reserve and I'm hoping the line moves quickly. No sense staying out all day.

tlewsadder
Jun 24, 2010, 02:55 AM
The line for pre-orders has grown but is still very modest I'm comparison to the non pre-order line. I would guess it is about 200 people long now and extends down the alley past the equator then goes right and is heading back toward Delacey.

So far we haven't heard anything as far as how many units will be available. A few hours ago an Apple employee was out counting people in the line. That was when the line was under 70.

Sleeping bags and blankets are starting to find their way to the ground as people begin to show cravings of slumber.

One odd thing happening is a group of college aged kids brought a table and are playing beer pong right in front of the store. They are using water instead of beer.

This year is definitely different from those of the past. No longer is it a bunch of geeks hanging out, geeking out on tech and apple related stuff. The iPhone has a huge audience that extends way beyond the apple faithful.

Please excuse my spelling errors and off topic ramblings. It is getting late and my wife has fallen asleep on my shoulder.

Contact me on twitter if you have any other questions. @tlewsadder

Biff...
Jun 24, 2010, 05:13 AM
Got here at 3a, holy long line batman, over 140 people. Oh well.

qpid360
Jun 24, 2010, 05:16 AM
This line was party central. We had music, food, drinks, beer pong, magicians. Most fun I've had in a line. Now everyone's tired and sleeping. Just a few more hours.

dcheng
Jun 24, 2010, 07:53 AM
Wow. Pretty amazing line even for he reserved. It wraps half-way down Delacey and comes back. People are getting confused as to where the reserved and non-reserved lines almost merge. I should have come at 3!

delioninsyd
Jun 24, 2010, 08:13 AM
so i just drove down to the apple store in Pasadena. The line for non pre orders has looped completely around the block. WTF

dcheng
Jun 24, 2010, 08:54 AM
Back of the line has been re-shuffled. Reserved line now goes down Delacey to Green, and the Purchase line for the other way and wraps around inside McCormick Alley. Haven't heard anything about any ratios, though. Also had a couple people walking down the line selling their spots (2 and 30?). Think I can get $5 for mine (80-100, if I'm lucky).

Store employees handed out cookies, and one of the local stores just came by with small cupcakes.

magic
Jun 24, 2010, 09:05 AM
The ratio we heard from a blue shirt was that they'll take in ten reserved people for each one purchase person. Hope that helps!

Illusion986
Jun 24, 2010, 10:11 AM
How is the line for pre orders looking? its 8:10 right now not sure if i should head down there now or later

jaydub514
Jun 24, 2010, 10:53 AM
Update: Store closes at 10PM tonight , they said to get there by 9 latest to make sure you get one today (for guys with reservations). I'll head there after work when the crowd dies down a bit.

jeffreyropp
Jun 24, 2010, 11:48 AM
Looked pretty long at 8:15am...how is it now?

albert1028
Jun 24, 2010, 01:06 PM
Looked pretty long at 8:15am...how is it now?

When I left at 9:30, the reserved was around the corner of tiffanys all the way snaked around the corner of green. I think reserved will stay pretty long cause they capped out the non-reserve around 7am this morning.

Illusion986
Jun 24, 2010, 03:02 PM
I'm there right now. Took me from green st to get to Colorado about 3 hours. The line is still going from green st and reps are saying it will get worse later as people get out of work. But we are well taken care of :) free coffee bean coffee and ice tea is being given to us and few samples from other places. Also reserve line gets serviced 10 to 30 people to 1 non reserve.

jeffreyropp
Jun 24, 2010, 03:10 PM
I've got a reservation and dropped by the store to get a sense of the current wait. Here's what I learned:

1) Its a total sausage fest
2) People just getting in to the store got in line around 7am (6 hours waiting)
3) The current line is 3-4 hours long, but after waiting for 20 minutes - it did not move at all.
4) They are checking people in. You can't leave the line once checked-in or you will lose your reservation for today. I'm not sure if they are auditing in any way.
5) The Apple employees look beat already.

jaydub514
Jun 24, 2010, 03:23 PM
Good lord.

Thanks for the heads up -- looks like I'll shoot straight down there from work. If you have a reservation do you just join the end or do you check in up front first?

jeffreyropp
Jun 24, 2010, 03:29 PM
Good lord.

Thanks for the heads up -- looks like I'll shoot straight down there from work. If you have a reservation do you just join the end or do you check in up front first?

Someone in a blue shirt is walking the line and checking people in. So just head to the back.

Another update - don't plan on arriving at 9pm - they said that's cutting it too close.

Illusion986
Jun 24, 2010, 03:49 PM
One guy just got out with his iPhone it's 1:50pm he got here 7:00am :eek:

jupiterstar
Jun 24, 2010, 04:42 PM
I got in line at 6:20 near Buca and got my phone at 10:40. Looks like the wait time is increasing significantly...

jeffreyropp
Jun 24, 2010, 05:08 PM
Anyone know where the line ends right now? Deciding about whether to head down there...

Thanks!

redbike2001
Jun 24, 2010, 06:23 PM
Just got back. It took me four-hours in the pre-reg line. As I drove past the line, it was at the Bird Pick. I think you would be looking at a 2.5-3 hour wait from there. Probably closer to 2.5 hours.

luvapplepasadna
Jun 25, 2010, 12:46 AM
got in line around 2:30, walked into store around 4:45. Apple ran out of water unfortunately but they did providenice big umbrellas for the areas where there was no shade. and dots cupcakes! I was in the pre-order/reserve line. LOVE the phone!!!

bursthead
Jun 25, 2010, 02:19 AM
Unfortunately I was a walk-in... Got here at 11:30pm Wednesday night, and left the apple store at 7:24pm thursday night.. It was a long long day!

joefrank64k
Jun 25, 2010, 08:04 AM
Got here at 4:00 am on Friday...first in line. Apple employees just showed up and say there are iPhone 4's in stock!

Only 2 hours to go!!! :D

PS Threre are about 20 people in line as of 6:05 am...

2SwiFt29
Jun 25, 2010, 10:33 AM
I reserved mine and got there around 11:00am. Line was wrapped just on the corner of Green St. Waited a total about 4 hours. Wasn't too bad. Free Dots cupcakes, and drinks from Coffee Bean helped. I was able to reserve 1 and got an email confirmation, but when I reserved another, I didn't get an email confirmation. Told the Apple employee when he checked me in and said I should be fine. Walked into the store, and the employee didn't ask about my reservation. Was able to get a 32g for myself and a 16g for my gf. Easy and fast activation. :)

Good luck to the ones for today.

durian
Jun 25, 2010, 12:09 PM
Thanks to everyone's reports on Thursday. I was monitoring this thread as well as twitter. Due to the craziness as an unreserved, I decided to go Friday morning.

Got to the Pasadena store at around 8:40 am. About 30 people in front of me. Line went fast. Got in around 9:10am and my phone activated by 9:15 am. Easy as pie. Line was even shorter when I was leaving. Maybe 15 people in line.

Notes:
They were going down the line and asking people which iphone and what number they were getting. So supply was limited at the time but it seems they were still ok. My rep told me they were unloading a new shipment as we were speaking. We were talking about accessories (they were out of the bumpers) so not sure if the new shipment included more iphones. Chances are they will have more come in today. I highly doubt Apple would not have a resupply in time for the weekend rush.

Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf was handing out free coffee. Apparently, Apple paid them to do that. Very cool of Apple.

tlewsadder
Jun 25, 2010, 01:04 PM
I am hoping that the new shipment you were speaking of does indeed have bumpers. I didnt buy one yesterday however after reading all the problems about the antenna issues I have spent the last 30 minutes carefully moving my hand along the sides of my iphone and have noticed dramatic drops in signal on the bottom left side. I want to purchase a bumper and continue testing.

I cant believe how beautiful the screen is!!!!! :)

durian
Jun 25, 2010, 01:48 PM
The rep who helped me told me they were indeed getting more bumpers today. They just haven't unloaded the truck yet so I couldn't get one then. Should be unloaded and for sale by now if you go.

durian
Jun 25, 2010, 04:40 PM
Just talked to a rep in Pasadena around 2:30pm. All iPhones sold out. Bumper cases also sold out. He wouldn't tell me when new stock is arriving. Might be later today. Might be tomorrow. Might be next week. I would highly suggest calling to check later today and, if nothing, then tomorrow. Might also check Glendale Galleria. They are usually better stocked than Pasadena.

Sorry folks :(

tlewsadder
Jun 26, 2010, 11:14 AM
While camping out in Pasadena my wife and I met this guy who was right in front of us named Tucker. He is a Mac Rumors reader and mentioned reading this particular thread when preparing to head out to Old Town.

On the morning of release the line was moving super slow and it was rather frustrating. This guy was already going to be late to work but at the pace the line was moving he was in jeopardy of missing a delivery he was expecting to his house. We were about 60 people back when the Apple store employee counted the previous evening. At about 11:00am he got a call from his boss saying they needed him at work and he had no choice but to leave. :(

It sucked to see him have to leave after waiting about 17 hours of waiting. It was even worse because frustration had set in for most of the line and there was a negative vibe instead of the usual excitement that has been present in previous years. Being only 60 people back we didnt expect for it to take that long to actually get into the store. My wife and I got in at 2pm.

Tucker, if you are reading this we are so sorry. Our whole section of the line was super bummed to see you go. I hope you find a way to score your new device really soon. If anyone knows when any stores get a new shipment please share here and hopefully Tucker will be reading.

Sorry to the rest of you if this isn't the right place to be posting this, I know he was reading this thread previously so I thought it was my best chance.

stphnman20
Jun 26, 2010, 12:03 PM
While camping out in Pasadena my wife and I met this guy who was right in front of us named Tucker. He is a Mac Rumors reader and mentioned reading this particular thread when preparing to head out to Old Town.

On the morning of release the line was moving super slow and it was rather frustrating. This guy was already going to be late to work but at the pace the line was moving he was in jeopardy of missing a delivery he was expecting to his house. We were about 60 people back when the Apple store employee counted the previous evening. At about 11:00am he got a call from his boss saying they needed him at work and he had no choice but to leave. :(

It sucked to see him have to leave after waiting about 17 hours of waiting. It was even worse because frustration had set in for most of the line and there was a negative vibe instead of the usual excitement that has been present in previous years. Being only 60 people back we didnt expect for it to take that long to actually get into the store. My wife and I got in at 2pm.

Tucker, if you are reading this we are so sorry. Our whole section of the line was super bummed to see you go. I hope you find a way to score your new device really soon. If anyone knows when any stores get a new shipment please share here and hopefully Tucker will be reading.

Sorry to the rest of you if this isn't the right place to be posting this, I know he was reading this thread previously so I thought it was my best chance.

That sucks! I was in the same position as Tucker come launch day. Camped over night. Only being about the 80th person. Was in line for a good 11hours. Then had to go to work. (freaking reserves) Anyways, Tuesday the 29th at any of the ATT, it'll be all first come first serve.. So get there EARLY!!

tlewsadder
Jun 26, 2010, 02:25 PM
Being a part of the line of customers without pre-orders, the general frustration I heard was that most of the people in that line had tried to pre-order but with the server issues that were experienced on the first day of pre-order, were unable to order in time to obtain their device on launch day.

With the frustration of being unable to pre-order and then the ratio that apple was serving customers, 10 pre-orders to 1 non, frustration was in the air. Everyone in the line understood that the pre-order customers should get their devices in a timely manner however they also felt like they would too be in that pre-order line if it wasn't for at&t/apple server issues. Im not sure what Apple could have done to alleviate some of the frustration/anger but something would have been better than nothing at least from a PR perspective.

The worst part about it were all the negative remarks made to the apple employees. They were just there doing what their managers asked them to do. They were in no way responsible for the situation.

The past few launch days have been much more enjoyable. Usually it was a bunch of geeks or technologically inclined individuals sharing their excitement about tech. This year the vibe was different. From what I heard from a friend who was near the front of the line was that the group that was playing beer pong weren't even there to buy iPhones, they were there just to chill. Hopefully pre-launch lines don't become something that the city of Pasadena bans because they get out of control. :cool:

durian
Jul 1, 2010, 07:17 PM
FYI, I dropped by the Apple store last night and saw they had plenty of the Bumper cases in stock.