PDA

View Full Version : new scrollwheel on iPod mini?

wide
May 20, 2004, 03:13 PM
I bought a blue iPod mini the day after its release in the SOHO store. It's great...I have had no problems with it at all.

Recently (maybe two weeks ago) I went back to the Apple Store in SOHO and tried out the minis again, and the scroll wheel seems to have changed. The select button seems to push out more, sort of resembling the 1G and 2G iPods. Also, the scroll wheel and the select button both have a glossy look and feel to them, sort of like photo paper.

Did Apple secretly redesign the minis? or is this just because of the finger grease that accumulates on the scroll wheel. I think Apple might have made changes on the scroll wheel after the problems with static instead of music...just a thought. Or maybe it could depend on which factory the mini was assembled at....

FuzzyBallz
May 20, 2004, 03:46 PM
If you're talking about the store demo unit, then the changes you see is from constant usage. Try rubbing the buttons on your mini a few thousand times and see what happens.

wide
May 20, 2004, 04:04 PM
If you're talking about the store demo unit, then the changes you see is from constant usage. Try rubbing the buttons on your mini a few thousand times and see what happens.

since i bought it, i'm sure i've done that....i'm just scared that it might be obsolete, already