PDA

View Full Version : wireless mice

knicksfan58
May 20, 2004, 03:39 PM
i just ordered the 17" powerbook and am looking for a good wireless mouse for gaming. i also don't want the price to be over 50-60 dollars.

theimacguy
May 20, 2004, 04:30 PM
get a Microsoft mouse

r6girl
May 24, 2004, 10:09 PM
try the logitech mx700 mouse - i've read nothing but good reviews about that one. i have the wired version (mx500) and like it alot (i use it for gaming). i have the apple wireless mouse for just regular usage.

look here for an overview: http://www.macworld.com/2004/02/reviews/wirelessinputdevices/

also, i'm sure the wireless mouse topic has been covered here in detail quite a bit - do a forum search and i'm sure you'll find more info.

marianne

Hydra
May 25, 2004, 10:31 AM
Logitech MX900 of course, it uses bluetooth so you can use it even without the docking station. (It comes with a docking station which also can be used to recharge the bundled batteries)

And I heard you can use some utility called game companion to map all the buttons on that mouse to whatever you want to.

Logitech MX500 is a wired version
Logitech MX510 is a wired version with slightly increased accurary
Logitech MX700 is a wireless (rf) version
Logitech MX900 is a wireless (bt) version

OldManJimbo
Jun 2, 2004, 12:43 AM
I love my new little - and mean little BT500 Bluetooth mouse from RadTech - came in at about $70 with tax and shipping. Same size as my Motorola V60 cell phone -

knicksfan58
Jun 2, 2004, 02:13 PM
what about the macmice mouse, "the mouse." they're coming out with a bluetooth version soon. i know its not optimal for gaming, but has anyone used it?

djkny
Jun 2, 2004, 03:58 PM
MacMice is garbage. They've been hinting at BT for months.
I emailed their Prez and he says not until late June (all the way from late April).

I've been waiting forever for the BT junior Mouse from Macally. I think the latter, though, is worth it.

titaniumducky
Jun 2, 2004, 04:15 PM
I love my Apple BT Mouse! It's so awesome. It's great for games like WarCraft, Age of Mythology, etc.

However, if you want to play games like UT2004 and Halo, I wold advise getting a Logitech or Microsoft mouse. Microsoft's only good products are their mice. Logitech, however, is much more popular. Look for the one that's on sale.

encephalon
Jun 2, 2004, 04:44 PM
I'm going to agree with the recommendation of the Logitech MX series. I've had a MX700 for about a year and absolutely love it. Performance and battery life is good and recharging is as easy as putting it on the station over night. Definitely a solid choice.

JOD8FY
Jun 2, 2004, 06:10 PM
I emailed their Prez and he says not until late June

Actually that's good news. I thought when they said "late summer" that ut wouldn't be until August. I'm still going to wait for the MacMice BT mouse, though. Here's a pic:

http://www.macmice.com/images/mouse_480_1.jpg

Best wishes,
JOD8FY