PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store Cincinnati - Kenwood

SheepNutz
Jun 19, 2009, 07:49 AM
Anyone pick up their 3G S yet? If so, how are the lines? I've got a black 32gb reserved, but I won't be able to get up there until about 6pm. Hopefully it's still there!

Jetfire
Jun 19, 2009, 01:08 PM
Should have had it delivered like I did. I got mine at 9:24 AM. Activation was no problem either and my first gen iPhone is already off the AT&T network.

SheepNutz
Jun 19, 2009, 07:56 PM
There were only two people in the pre-order line at 6PM when I got there today. There were about 20 other people just waiting in the line to get into the store. I was in and out in 10 minutes.

Usoandso
Jun 19, 2009, 08:05 PM
I was at the Kenwood Apple store at about 5:30 pm. No one in the reserve line and about 10 to 15 people in line for phone/store. I was in and out in about 15 minutes with my black 32 iPhone. I think I was in line for 20 to 30 minutes. You have service yet SheepNutz and did you get the black 32?

Kadman
Jun 19, 2009, 08:24 PM
I ended up having mine shipped to me from Apple (32GB). In the end, I feel it lacked the energy of previous launches for obvious reasons. Sounds like going to the store wasn't much more of an experience. Sure, it was faster and more efficient, but something was missing. Staring at the "toys" in the Sony Style store, knowing your in the home stretch when you get to that set of steps by the entrance to the Apple Store, and the "thrill of victory" as you walk out with your new toy. Today's experience of opening the front door and signing on the clipboard as some guy in brown shorts handed me the phone just wasn't exciting enough. :D

Usoandso
Jun 19, 2009, 08:29 PM
If anyone wants to know, the Kenwood Apple store in Cincinnati, OH had no white or black 16gb models and some white and black 32GB models as of late Friday June 19. That is according to the nice Apple store lady that talked to me at the entrance.

SheepNutz
Jun 19, 2009, 08:47 PM
I was at the Kenwood Apple store at about 5:30 pm. No one in the reserve line and about 10 to 15 people in line for phone/store. I was in and out in about 15 minutes with my black 32 iPhone. I think I was in line for 20 to 30 minutes. You have service yet SheepNutz and did you get the black 32?

Yeah, I got the black 32, and the only reason I have service is because I went down to the AT&T kiosk to get my phone switched with my wife's, and the guy there basically had to redo our entire AT&T account, but it got us activated and switched!

SheepNutz
Jun 15, 2010, 11:49 AM
Bump from last year. Anyone else going to be there the morning of the 24th? I used my wife's upgrade to get my 3GS last year, so I can use my line to upgrade to an iPhone 4 this year!

KoolStar
Jun 15, 2010, 05:49 PM
I will be there first thing in the morning before work!

makefunnyfaces
Jun 15, 2010, 07:01 PM
I'll be there early that morning! What time do you guys plan on getting there? I was thinking 5:00.

SheepNutz
Jun 15, 2010, 08:35 PM
5 is too early for me. I live about an hour away. I should be getting there around 6.

Vertigo50
Jun 16, 2010, 12:15 AM
Sheep, where do you live? I live in Dayton, so I'm about an hour away too.

makefunnyfaces
Jun 16, 2010, 05:12 AM
Sheep, where do you live? I live in Dayton, so I'm about an hour away too.

I'm three & a half hours away, on the border of Kentucky/West Virginia. :( I've been meaning to check it out, so I figured this would be the perfect time!

SheepNutz
Jun 16, 2010, 05:55 AM
I live in northern Kentucky, about half way between Lexington and Cincy. On a side note, you may not want to arrive too early, because there's no telling what time security will actually let us into the building. Since it's located in a mall, they usually don't open too early, but they're usually accommodating to us iPhone campers. I just don't want to get up there way early and have to wait outside for a while before the rent-a-cops let us in.

KoolStar
Jun 16, 2010, 07:53 PM
I'm getting there at about 615. Btw I'm from northern ky too.

oneteam
Jun 17, 2010, 12:05 PM
My roommate is going to be there around 5am (glad that mine will be shipped), we live 5 mins away.
Do you guys know if the mall is going to be open early or if the line will start at the mall door instead of the apple store door?

Manning
Jun 17, 2010, 02:02 PM
Count in another NKY iPhone shopper.

What time will the mall doors be open? Anyone plan on calling and asking?

Vertigo50
Jun 17, 2010, 06:16 PM
I'll probably call the mall sometime early next week and try to get some details. They probably won't have a plan in place until then, so I'm just going to wait to call them.

EDIT: If anyone wants the info for the mall, here is their website:
http://www.kenwoodtownecentre.com/

SheepNutz
Jun 19, 2010, 08:49 AM
Please let us know if you find out what time they'll actually let us in the mall.

frogstik
Jun 19, 2010, 10:19 PM
Yeah let us all know.

Two buddies and me are getting there at 5am. Typically the doors aren't open until 7 -- that's when the mall walkers can get in there to walk.

Rumor is that they'll let apple employees in at 5am to get setup, so we might be able to get in.