PDA

View Full Version : Logic not picking up my presonus firebox

Zonz
Jun 19, 2009, 09:43 AM
My band is trying to lay down some tracks on Logic express 8, and we have a presonus firebox with the firewire 600 inputs. I have a cable which connects a firewire 600 to a firewire 800 in my 15in Aluminum MBP, but when we connect the firebox with my computer, logic will not pick up the new input at all.

Power supply transfers fine, the firebox lights up and all, but nothing recognizes anything has even been connected. We are kind of new with logic software so any advice is appreciated to solve the problem, since it could obviously be something very simple.

Are we missing a driver? Does the firewire 800 not automatically read inputs and we have to tell logic to look there? We are used to an old blackbook automatically picking up the new input devices with its firewire 600.

deej999
Jun 19, 2009, 12:08 PM
I think you mean FW 400 (not 600)...

Have you plugged the Firebox into the mains? I remember there was an issue with the Firebox and intel MBP's some time back. The Firebox couldn't run bus powered. Dunno if this fixed or not.

deej

Zonz
Jun 19, 2009, 07:22 PM
Hmmm, I know its a 9 pin to 6 pin, so if that's 400 then yes. and I'll have to try that out, if anyone has any other suggestions as well for me to try in case that doesn't work, help is greatly appreciated.

localoid
Jun 25, 2009, 02:35 AM
Levels for the FireBox ins and outs, and the routing of signals are handled by the FireBox Mixer app.

http://localoid.googlepages.com/Picture1.png

If you aren't seeing (and using) something that looks like the above pic, you're not going to get very far with recording anything. You actually need the FireBox Mixer application and Control Panel. Both apps come on the CD that should have shipped with your FireBox, but you can download both from this page (http://www.presonus.com/products/Detail.aspx?ProductId=4) at PreSonus, under "downloads". The FireBox instruction manual, which you might want to read for info on how the mixer app works, can be downloaded under "manuals" from the same page.