PDA

View Full Version : iDvd burns coasters!?

Billicus
May 20, 2004, 11:10 PM
Hello, and I'd first like to say I hope each and every one of you is having a good day, because I'm not... :rolleyes:

I'll get to the point. I bought a 5 Pack of Apple Branded 4x DVD-R's to use with my PowerBook. (Which has a 2x Burner if that would make a difference.) I recently completed a project in iMove that clocks in at just under 50 minutes. I had added about 10 Chapter Markers to the iMovie, and then I sent the movie to iDVD.

I would like to add that I have the latest versions of all the software along the line -> iTunes 4.5, QuickTime 6.5.1, iMovie 4.0.1 and iDVD 4.0.1.

I have created three different DVD's of this previously mentioned project, and each time the video stops playing at precisely the same moment. (Just before 00:03:40 if that matters.) As far as I can ascertain, there is no difference between the video content in this particular section compared to the video in the preceding minutes. From that point on, the audio continues fine for the rest of the movie, just as it should, but the video stops. When you try to start in the middle of the movie, by navigating to the scene selection, you again only hear the audio... and you are not able to see the video.

I am sure the video was properly rendered, using the Best Performance... option setting under the iDvd Preferences. Should I maybe try using Best Quality... to see if that makes a difference? :confused:

Any help from the greater MacRumors community would be greatly appreciated, because this one has me totally befuddled... :o :eek: :mad:

LethalWolfe
May 21, 2004, 03:22 AM
Is your burner firmware up to date?

Link (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/71608/wo/H42Z40WYg9Wb2pzt2Fw1QbPdbsT/2.5.0.5.14.0.5.0.1.1?48,38)

Lethal

Billicus
May 21, 2004, 08:23 AM
Is your burner firmware up to date?

Link (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/71608/wo/H42Z40WYg9Wb2pzt2Fw1QbPdbsT/2.5.0.5.14.0.5.0.1.1?48,38)

Lethal

That link doesn't work...

The only update I could locate is for Pioneer Superdrives, and I have a mat*****a superdrive in my PowerBook.