Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

soccerb12ku

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
I just got the New 2.53ghz 13" MacBook Pro and i was thinking of installing windows on it...I was thinking of the windows 7 RC because it is free and i don't want to pay really. I have a few questions...

Is it better to run it on boot camp or Parrallels/VMWare Fusion?
Will putting Windows 7 on my computer slow it down(don't think it will be used much)?
How do I install it if I do? (tutorials)

Off-topic but If I buy a games for mac like battlefield 2142 and my friend has it for pc can we play each other or are they on different servers?

Thanks for any help!

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
I just got the New 2.53ghz 13" MacBook Pro and i was thinking of installing windows on it...I was thinking of the windows 7 RC because it is free and i don't want to pay really. I have a few questions...

Is it better to run it on boot camp or Parrallels/VMWare Fusion?
Will putting Windows 7 on my computer slow it down(don't think it will be used much)?
How do I install it if I do? (tutorials)

Off-topic but If I buy a games for mac like battlefield 2142 and my friend has it for pc can we play each other or are they on different servers?

Thanks for any help!

Boot Camp is free and will run Windows natively (meaning at your computer's full potential speed). Don't bother with virtual machine crap unless you need it for productivity reasons (switching between Windows and OS X a lot). If you're going to be gaming, then hand's down Boot Camp your choice. Just be sure to put the Leopard DVD in after you install Windows so you can install Boot Camp, and be sure to update to Boot Camp 2.1. But be aware the Boot Camp drivers are pretty old.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.