PDA

View Full Version : How to restore my Powerbook but my superdrive does not work?

dg45
Jun 19, 2009, 05:26 PM
My hard drive died 2 weeks ago.
So i just install a new hard drive and i forgot my superdrive does not work.
all it does is take the restore disk and spits it back out.

how can i install the mac OS on the hard drive without my superdrive working?

i have somewhere a old usb external cdrom but i dont know if i can find or if it will run/work.
If i find and my external will work, Can i use that to install my OS restore disc and it will reconize it and run/install?

is there any other ways?

please help.
i need my mac back

ISoftUsernet
Jun 19, 2009, 07:08 PM
take a friend whith mac if it's powermac or no intel take any powermac clone your disk put it back change password remove preferences that's it:)

if it's intel tcheck a intel EFi comp...

dg45
Jun 19, 2009, 07:39 PM
take a friend whith mac if it's powermac or no intel take any powermac clone your disk put it back change password remove preferences that's it:)

if it's intel tcheck a intel EFi comp...

I don't know nodbody that has a mac.
I have any other laptop and desktop but with windows.

is there any other way?

thabks

RiCEADDiCTBOY
Jun 19, 2009, 07:47 PM
I don't know nodbody that has a mac.
I have any other laptop and desktop but with windows.

is there any other way?

thabks

sorry but, reading that gave me a headache. :(

JamesWilson
Jun 29, 2009, 08:50 PM
Need the same help.

OrangeSVTguy
Jun 29, 2009, 11:47 PM
Yes any external USB DVD drive should work. Hold down the Option key while you boot up with the install disc in your external drive and see if it'll show up as a boot option.

Too bad you don't know anyone else with a Mac as you can always boot your PB into Target disc mode as you connect it with another Mac with a Firewire cable and use their DVD drive. I have a few extra Combo drives if you need one(they don't burn DVDs but read them though).