PDA

View Full Version : Houston, Texas

klb028
Jun 19, 2009, 07:54 PM
So, has anyone from this forum gone to a launch today at any of the Apple stores in the Houston area? Share your experiences and any valuable information you picked up along the way!

klb028
Jun 8, 2010, 11:51 PM
It's that time of the year again! Who's going for the in-store experience and what location will you be at? Sugar Land, Galleria, Memorial City, The Woodlands...

CJayC
Jun 9, 2010, 12:16 AM
Going to the Sugarland one in First Colony

xxjonoxx
Jun 11, 2010, 07:01 PM
First Colony for me. Went to the 3GS launch last year at about 2pm and only had to wait about 45 minutes to be done. Line was probably 50 people deep.

CJayC
Jun 12, 2010, 05:14 AM
Wait you went at 2pm and there still was a line? When did the store open?

Scooterman1
Jun 12, 2010, 02:00 PM
I reserved a 3GS 32GB last year at Willowbrook Mall.
I waited in that line for about 45 minutes. I arrived about 1/2 hour after the store opened.
They had 2 lines..... 1st for reserved, 2nd for anyone. They were taking a LOT more people from the reserved line first. The 'anyone' line was pretty well not moving.

xxjonoxx
Jun 12, 2010, 10:19 PM
Wait you went at 2pm and there still was a line? When did the store open?

I wasn't actually there to buy the phone.. I already picked mine up from AT&T store around 8. My friend though after he seen mine wanted one.. he didn't preorder or anything so went to that Apple store. I'm not sure when they opened or anything.

Andrew Henry
Jun 16, 2010, 12:30 AM
I just moved down here to Texas, but I reserved mine at the Baybrook Mall, is that considered the "Houston area" ?

Andrew

austinguy23
Jun 16, 2010, 12:58 AM
I'm in Houston and wanted to pre-order a white one. Apple touted the white model at the WWDC and their website but didn't bother to state that it wouldn't be available at launch - not cool!

So much for Apple's stellar customer service & public relations...

toxictrix
Jun 16, 2010, 01:01 AM
If or when they announce the white ones I'll be at baybrook.

danthony05
Jun 16, 2010, 12:31 PM
I got the 3g at the galleria 2 days after launch there was a line of about 50 people i would say, But they only received a shipment of 17. luckily, i was number 14. I have one reserved at the galleria this coming thursday. Im debating whether i should brave the crowds or just hang around then go because it said it would be reserved until the end of the business day. is anyone here camping at the galleria?

Genocyde
Jun 17, 2010, 12:24 AM
I'll be at either Willowbrook or The Woodlands mall. Any idea how the malls handle people waiting outside? If there is some kind of official entrance with my luck I will be on the opposite side.

extenet
Jun 18, 2010, 08:01 AM
I'll be at either Willowbrook or The Woodlands mall. Any idea how the malls handle people waiting outside? If there is some kind of official entrance with my luck I will be on the opposite side.

I worked at The Woodlands for the 3G and 3GS launch. You'll want to enter the mall near the escalators (I'm assuming you know where that is, across from the food court) The mall opens it's doors at 6, so that's the earliest you can get inside the mall, I don't know what their policy is about overnight campers since there never was one during those two launches. Good Luck!

I'm going to Baybrook to get mine, hoping they get a few white ones in stock to snag :)

TabascoKid
Jun 18, 2010, 08:29 AM
Willowbrook at noon. Hoping their traffic is a little less than the Galleria or The Woodlands.

TK

extenet
Jun 18, 2010, 01:14 PM
Willowbrook at noon. Hoping their traffic is a little less than the Galleria or The Woodlands.

TK

Willowbrook is the the 'slowest' store in the market, so you should be fine, but the craziness may be pretty high. The woodlands will for sure be busy and the galleria will be utterly insane :)

ChrisTX
Jun 18, 2010, 07:34 PM
I worked at The Woodlands for the 3G and 3GS launch. You'll want to enter the mall near the escalators (I'm assuming you know where that is, across from the food court) The mall opens it's doors at 6, so that's the earliest you can get inside the mall, I don't know what their policy is about overnight campers since there never was one during those two launches. Good Luck!

I'm going to Baybrook to get mine, hoping they get a few white ones in stock to snag :)

Good to know about The Woodlands store, I'm going to stop by tomorrow with my confirmation e-mail just to assure that mine is reserved. I've heard from others that there will be a line for reserved phones, and then a regular line. I hope so because like most people I'm sure, I have a real 9-5 job, and can't be messing around all day just to get a new phone. I plan to get there around 5am just in case. :cool:

Takeo Rey
Jun 18, 2010, 11:49 PM
I've been at Sugar Land for the first three iPhone launches. Im going to change it up and go to Memorial City this time, got a reservation through the Apple store app. Anyone else going to Memorial City?

j-a-x
Jun 19, 2010, 12:36 PM
I'm surprised how few people on here are talking about the Galleria. Is this thread about Houston or the suburbs?

Is anybody going to be at the Galleria? Any advice about when to show up etc? I have to catch a flight on Thursday at 2:30 but I thought I would try to head over early and see how bad it is (I reserved a phone). If I can't get one I guess I'll just have to wait until I'm back in town (I'm going to Canada where the phone will not yet be available and I wanted to bring one with me).

extenet
Jun 19, 2010, 12:58 PM
I'm surprised how few people on here are talking about the Galleria. Is this thread about Houston or the suburbs?

Is anybody going to be at the Galleria? Any advice about when to show up etc? I have to catch a flight on Thursday at 2:30 but I thought I would try to head over early and see how bad it is (I reserved a phone). If I can't get one I guess I'll just have to wait until I'm back in town (I'm going to Canada where the phone will not yet be available and I wanted to bring one with me).

There will. Be TONS of people in the galleria. Most people on these forums know to go to other stores I would imagine to not deal with the craziness. The galleria is the closest store to my home, but I'd much rather drive an extra 15 minutes and save the hours waiting in line. Since the mall area is open 24 hours (due to the Weston being there) there's no telling when the lines will start. Probably the night before

TabascoKid
Jun 19, 2010, 01:05 PM

When I got my 3G a week or two after launch, the line was so long in the Galleria that they took a reservation for me and I had to come back 4 hours later. Get there EARLY on the day - my thought process on Willowbrook was that we'd have the downtown crowd (or y,d and full of c) heading to the Galleria and I wanted to avoid that crush.

TK

TabascoKid
Jun 19, 2010, 01:07 PM
Willowbrook is the the 'slowest' store in the market, so you should be fine, but the craziness may be pretty high. The woodlands will for sure be busy and the galleria will be utterly insane :)

For the win!:)

I have to take my daughter to swimming lessons in the morning, and I think I'll hope that AT&T's servers get some sort of break after the morning rush.

I still have to get them to put my upgrade plan through, so I'll be a bit longer.

TK

j-a-x
Jun 19, 2010, 01:18 PM
There will. Be TONS of people in the galleria. Most people on these forums know to go to other stores I would imagine to not deal with the craziness. The galleria is the closest store to my home, but I'd much rather drive an extra 15 minutes and save the hours waiting in line. Since the mall area is open 24 hours (due to the Weston being there) there's no telling when the lines will start. Probably the night before

That doesn't sound too promising. If only there was an Apple store Downtown (closer to where I live). I made my reservation at the Galleria so that's pretty much the only option for me (unless Radioshack in Montrose has them and lets me buy one with no reservation... I can try that on the way out). I am not the kind of person who will camp out or go at 3 am to wait in a line but I really wanted to get one on Thursday. I hope they at least have a separate line for people with reservations or something!

extenet
Jun 19, 2010, 02:05 PM
That doesn't sound too promising. If only there was an Apple store Downtown (closer to where I live). I made my reservation at the Galleria so that's pretty much the only option for me (unless Radioshack in Montrose has them and lets me buy one with no reservation... I can try that on the way out). I am not the kind of person who will camp out or go at 3 am to wait in a line but I really wanted to get one on Thursday. I hope they at least have a separate line for people with reservations or something!

Do you have a reservation? If not you'll want to try another store if you don't want to camp out. Sorry :(

j-a-x
Jun 19, 2010, 02:10 PM
Yes, I made my reservation at the Galleria so I don't think going elsewhere makes any sense. Do you think I'll get to wait in a separate line since I have a reservation? I wonder how long I'll have to wait if I show up for the 7 am opening. I don't have to work but my flight leaves at 2 pm (so I should be home at 12 so I can leave for the airport at 12:30 or so). I guess I probably have enough time to just show up at 7 am and then wait it out. Seems kind of ridiculous but I wanted to bring my new phone to Canada with me and this is pretty much the only way.

extenet
Jun 19, 2010, 04:20 PM
Yes, I made my reservation at the Galleria so I don't think going elsewhere makes any sense. Do you think I'll get to wait in a separate line since I have a reservation? I wonder how long I'll have to wait if I show up for the 7 am opening. I don't have to work but my flight leaves at 2 pm (so I should be home at 12 so I can leave for the airport at 12:30 or so). I guess I probably have enough time to just show up at 7 am and then wait it out. Seems kind of ridiculous but I wanted to bring my new phone to Canada with me and this is pretty much the only way.

You should be fine if you get there at 7. They should have 2 seperate lines, but both will be long, though I'm sure they'll have a ton of staff. You shouldn't be there more than a couple hours.

odobo
Jun 19, 2010, 04:34 PM
I am travelling to Houston next week and reserved my phone in the Galleria store.... planning to get there at around 4 or 5 to wait for 2 or 3 hours before :apple: store open so I can get my phone and head to work :D

RedRaider219
Jun 19, 2010, 07:55 PM
I'm planning on going to the First Colony store. No reservation though so I will be in the walk-in line. Anyone know what time would be a good time to get there??

extenet
Jun 19, 2010, 09:10 PM
I'm planning on going to the First Colony store. No reservation though so I will be in the walk-in line. Anyone know what time would be a good time to get there??

5 or 6 :)

RedRaider219
Jun 19, 2010, 09:25 PM
5 or 6 :)

I was actually planning on 3 or 4, so this makes it seem a lot better :)

extenet
Jun 19, 2010, 09:28 PM
I was actually planning on 3 or 4, so this makes it seem a lot better :)

Well that'll all but garuntee you the first place in line. I don't think FC will be that crowded.

RedRaider219
Jun 19, 2010, 09:30 PM
Well that'll all but garuntee you the first place in line. I don't think FC will be that crowded.

good to know! Thanks for the help!

boston44
Jun 19, 2010, 10:45 PM
Awesome- A bunch of Houstonians. I live in Sugar Land so I'll be in line but failed to pre-order mine because I'm an idiot :). What time is everyone getting there?

extenet
Jun 19, 2010, 10:47 PM
Awesome- A bunch of Houstonians. I live in Sugar Land so I'll be in line but failed to pre-order mine because I'm an idiot :). What time is everyone getting there?

Baybrook for me at 5AM. I got one preordered but hoping that they have a couple of white ones to snag :)

boston44
Jun 19, 2010, 10:49 PM
Baybrook for me at 5AM. I got one preordered but hoping that they have a couple of white ones to snag :)

I want the white one, but I'm not going to stand in line and not buy one if all they have is black. I've had this 3G for two years and it has a hairline crack that's ticking me off..I want a new one badly.

RedRaider219
Jun 19, 2010, 10:51 PM

First Colony at 5am for me! Also no pre-order so maybe we will be in line together haha

boston44
Jun 19, 2010, 11:00 PM
First Colony at 5am for me! Also no pre-order so maybe we will be in line together haha

haha sounds good. I'll probably be there around that time as well, hopefully everyone else sleeps in...

sebast1anc
Jun 19, 2010, 11:16 PM
For me its between the willowbrook store or the AT&T store on the corner of Kirby and Main. I need to do an upgrade swap so I'm thinking the AT&T store will be easier. Anyone been at one of the AT&T stores on launch day in the past?

extenet
Jun 20, 2010, 12:08 AM
For me its between the willowbrook store or the AT&T store on the corner of Kirby and Main. I need to do an upgrade swap so I'm thinking the AT&T store will be easier. Anyone been at one of the AT&T stores on launch day in the past?

I wouldn't suggest going to AT&T. Previous launch days have been pretty bad for them as they generally have limited stock, and seeing as they had to take paper pre-orders this time around, I'd venture to say whatever stock they do have will go to those who made reservations. You'd be better off going to an Apple Store I'm afraid.

austinguy23
Jun 20, 2010, 12:14 AM
I want the white one, but I'm not going to stand in line and not buy one if all they have is black. I've had this 3G for two years and it has a hairline crack that's ticking me off..I want a new one badly.

Agreed. I'm not settling for a black one.

Takeo Rey
Jun 20, 2010, 01:06 AM
From my experiences there waiting in line, it really helps if you get there early. The Apple store is located near one of the entrances and they usually extend the line out these doors. The entrance has a roof above, but the line has extended around the corner. It might get pretty hot if you have to wait outside, so be prepared. Usually they have been pretty good about giving people water. I even remember that the Chick-Fil-A in the food court gave out some free chicken nuggets to those waiting in line. :)

I hope it happens for you guys waiting there this time. Has anyone had any experience waiting at Memorial City? That's where I'll be going this year.

boston44
Jun 20, 2010, 12:04 PM
From my experiences there waiting in line, it really helps if you get there early. The Apple store is located near one of the entrances and they usually extend the line out these doors. The entrance has a roof above, but the line has extended around the corner. It might get pretty hot if you have to wait outside, so be prepared. Usually they have been pretty good about giving people water. I even remember that the Chick-Fil-A in the food court gave out some free chicken nuggets to those waiting in line. :)

I hope it happens for you guys waiting there this time. Has anyone had any experience waiting at Memorial City? That's where I'll be going this year.

Doesn't the line at FC usually extend the other way, towards the Dillard's side of the mall and not outside? Good luck at Memorial City, definitely the best apple store IMO but probably harder than FC..

ChrisTX
Jun 20, 2010, 12:08 PM
Glad to see I am the only one here waiting at The Woodlands store, I plan to get there around 4:30/5ish and reserved one online for pick up at this location. Hoping the lady I spoke with in store is correct in them having 2 separate lines.

ChiliBlue
Jun 20, 2010, 12:22 PM
I just moved down here to Texas, but I reserved mine at the Baybrook Mall, is that considered the "Houston area" ?

Andrew

I consider it Houston. :D

Sinfire
Jun 20, 2010, 01:39 PM
I was at the Galleria store for the iPad 3G launch which started at 5pm. I go there at 1:30pm and was number 6 in line. By 3pm, the line was already 50 people long. The iPhone lines are definitely going to be a lot longer.

Keep in mind, at the Galleria, they will not let you sit on the floor. So if you get there super early, you will have to stand for the entire time, otherwise the security guard will kick you out of the mall.

Fisticuffs2065
Jun 20, 2010, 02:05 PM
For those of you who are going to First Colony mall in Sugarland, or have been there for a early wait, what entrances will be open super early? Are the main entrances even open at 5am-ish?

-Fisticuffs :apple:

boston44
Jun 20, 2010, 02:08 PM
So I just talked to a Radio Shack employee for 22 minutes on the phone, and he has 72 people on his list. I am number 72, and he said if they have say 18 phones they will call everyone on the list and it'll be first come first serve. They are the number one radioshack in Houston, and their manager pushed for a guarantee of 16 phones, whereas the other select Houston area stores might have gotten 2 or 3 phones. Apparently everyone called in (all the stores around the nation) to apple at one time and apple's system went down, making it impossible for anyone to get phones. He said he should have at least 2 white phones, as they are available but limited. Nothing is guaranteed, but he laughed in my face when I said I'll be standing at the FC apple store at 5 in hopes of a phone. So all in all, if you're on the list, it truly doesn't matter what number you are. It's first come first served, at least that's how my store is doing it. Good luck all.

boston44
Jun 20, 2010, 02:09 PM
For those of you who are going to First Colony mall in Sugarland, or have been there for a early wait, what entrances will be open super early? Are the main entrances even open at 5am-ish?

I've been told FC mall entrances open at 6 AM for Apple's Launch. You may want to check out radioshack nearby as well..

extenet
Jun 20, 2010, 02:19 PM
I was at the Galleria store for the iPad 3G launch which started at 5pm. I go there at 1:30pm and was number 6 in line. By 3pm, the line was already 50 people long. The iPhone lines are definitely going to be a lot longer.

Keep in mind, at the Galleria, they will not let you sit on the floor. So if you get there super early, you will have to stand for the entire time, otherwise the security guard will kick you out of the mall.

That's not necessarily true, the store takes measures to make sure all their customers are as comfortable as be. I worked several launches at the store and there are always people sitting :)

Fisticuffs2065
Jun 20, 2010, 02:24 PM
So I just talked to a Radio Shack employee for 22 minutes on the phone, and he has 72 people on his list. I am number 72, and he said if they have say 18 phones they will call everyone on the list and it'll be first come first serve. They are the number one radioshack in Houston, and their manager pushed for a guarantee of 16 phones, whereas the other select Houston area stores might have gotten 2 or 3 phones. Apparently everyone called in (all the stores around the nation) to apple at one time and apple's system went down, making it impossible for anyone to get phones. He said he should have at least 2 white phones, as they are available but limited. Nothing is guaranteed, but he laughed in my face when I said I'll be standing at the FC apple store at 5 in hopes of a phone. So all in all, if you're on the list, it truly doesn't matter what number you are. It's first come first served, at least that's how my store is doing it. Good luck all.

Why did he laugh in your face? I think you have a better chance of getting a phone at FC apple store then the radio shack.

Hopefully all works out well! :D

ChrisTX
Jun 20, 2010, 03:27 PM
Considering this guy told you he would have 2 white iPhones I wouldn't believe a word he says. Secondly, many people have confirmed on here that if your phone is reserved through Apple you are good. I understand the severity of such high demand for this particular iPhone, but I guarantee you that Apple will take care of their own retail stores before they guarantee anyone anything at a third party outlet.

odobo
Jun 20, 2010, 03:39 PM

well I really dont think the security will care much for people sitting in the line at 5 or 6 am in the morning..... there arent as many people in the mall during that time compare to the 1:30~3 pm like you mentioned for the ipad launch :rolleyes:

boston44
Jun 20, 2010, 06:48 PM
Considering this guy told you he would have 2 white iPhones I wouldn't believe a word he says. Secondly, many people have confirmed on here that if your phone is reserved through Apple you are good. I understand the severity of such high demand for this particular iPhone, but I guarantee you that Apple will take care of their own retail stores before they guarantee anyone anything at a third party outlet.

Evidently his manager is the best in Houston, only about 4 Radioshacks are doing iPhone 4's. I don't have mine preordered, would it be safe to say Apple in FC will have enough to cover multiple radio shack's? Not sure which to go to...

ChrisTX
Jun 20, 2010, 10:00 PM
Evidently his manager is the best in Houston, only about 4 Radioshacks are doing iPhone 4's. I don't have mine preordered, would it be safe to say Apple in FC will have enough to cover multiple radio shack's? Not sure which to go to...
I believe if you go early enough on launch day say 5AM or so, Apple should have plenty of stock even with pre orders. Apple at FC mall won't supply the radio shacks, only Apple corporate. Without a pre order your only hope for an iPhone on day one is the Apple store.

ZachAlt
Jun 20, 2010, 10:25 PM
I believe if you go early enough on launch day say 5AM or so, Apple should have plenty of stock even with pre orders. Apple at FC mall won't supply the radio shacks, only Apple corporate. Without a pre order your only hope for an iPhone on day one is the Apple store.

yeah, FC should have plenty for people who didn't pre-order.

austinguy23
Jun 20, 2010, 10:28 PM
What/where is FC?

Update: Okay, saw that it's "First Colony". Any word on whether they will have white ones in stock?

Houstonheights
Jun 20, 2010, 10:46 PM
I am so happy that I found this thread. I am planning on going to the AT&T store at 11pm the night before launch at Spring Cypress and 249 if no one is hanging around I will leave and come back at 4am. Hopefully I will have luck there since I did not get to pre-order due to the website mess. If all else fails hopefully the willowbrook apple store will be the key.

klb028
Jun 20, 2010, 10:53 PM
Not sure if I'll camp out or not (I really want to hold out for a white iPhone 4), but First Colony would be my mall of choice.

j-a-x
Jun 20, 2010, 11:18 PM
It doesn't sounds like I'll bother checking out the Radioshack if they have as small stock as people on here are reporting. I did call the Montrose Radioshack btw, and they said they will have "some" iPhone 4s.

I am hoping the Apple store sells out of the non-reserved phones quickly, like in the first few hour maybe and then the lineup will only be for reservations at that point and should go faster since they will have to turn some people away. If I was staying in town, I'd go later in the day.

ChrisTX
Jun 21, 2010, 05:10 AM
Stoked, The Woodlands is looking better and better all the time! :D

hblasjr
Jun 21, 2010, 10:43 AM
Got a reservation at the Galleria. So, getting there around 5am on the 24th should be good enough to get out of there by noon?

RedRaider219
Jun 21, 2010, 11:07 AM
What/where is FC?

Update: Okay, saw that it's "First Colony". Any word on whether they will have white ones in stock?
I asked them about it, and one of the employees said they would not have any white iPhones at launch. He seemed like he knew what he was talking about, but it could always be a ploy haha.

disarticulate
Jun 21, 2010, 11:36 AM
Baybrook for me....

I'll also be at Baybrook. Where does the line usually form?

extenet
Jun 21, 2010, 11:46 AM
I'll also be at Baybrook. Where does the line usually form?

Good question, this'll be my first launch at baybrook, I'm guessing the doors will open over by the Luby's, or the cinnabon. I'm not sure which one is closer. I'm going to show up at 5AM and feel it out.

ChrisTX
Jun 21, 2010, 11:50 AM
Good question, this'll be my first launch at baybrook, I'm guessing the doors will open over by the Luby's, or the cinnabon. I'm not sure which one is closer. I'm going to show up at 5AM and feel it out.
I remember going to the PS2 launch at Willowbrook only to find out me and a few others were lined up at the wrong entrance haha. I still managed to grab 1 but I learned my lesson for other product launches that's for sure.

Genocyde
Jun 21, 2010, 11:59 AM
I remember going to the PS2 launch at Willowbrook only to find out me and a few others were lined up at the wrong entrance haha. I still managed to grab 1 but I learned my lesson for other product launches that's for sure.

Hopefully it will be obvious which entrance to line up at! I guess if I'm the only person at a certain entrance I'm at the wrong one.

extenet
Jun 21, 2010, 12:01 PM
Hopefully it will be obvious which entrance to line up at! I guess if I'm the only person at a certain entrance I'm at the wrong one.

Willowbrook's store is in a weird location, not really close to a certain entrance (other than dept. stores) good luck!

jgrem2000
Jun 21, 2010, 02:28 PM
Went to the Galleria a couple hours ago and talked to the security - the official word at the moment is that the doors to the mall will open at 5am, but they are NOT allowing anyone to camp outside the store! Security has apparently been instructed to make anyone move who is trying to hang around the door of the store before they open at 7am.

Who knows if this will change before Thursday morning...

Good luck, everyone!

Genocyde
Jun 21, 2010, 02:31 PM
Went to the Galleria a couple hours ago and talked to the security - the official word at the moment is that the doors to the mall will open at 5am, but they are NOT allowing anyone to camp outside the store! Security has apparently been instructed to make anyone move who is trying to hang around the door of the store before they open at 7am.

Good luck, everyone!

Hopefully that's not the case at The Woodlands or Willowbrook. Would they rather a mad rush stampede over an organized line..:confused:

extenet
Jun 21, 2010, 02:32 PM

Good luck, everyone!

That's surely to change. The Apple Store is the highest grossing store in the entire mall. Employees will probably arrive around 5:30 or 6:00, so that's when they'll start letting you line up I'm sure.

extenet
Jun 21, 2010, 02:32 PM
Hopefully that's not the case at The Woodlands or Willowbrook. Would they rather a mad rush stampede over an organized line..:confused:

Woodlands opens doors at 6, dunno about willowbrook, but neither of the stores will have the amount of people as the galleria I am sure.

disarticulate
Jun 21, 2010, 04:54 PM
Baybrook: I spoke with the mall office at Baybrook today. That hadn't a clue about the iPhone 4 launch. When I counseled them about the probable line dilemma, they told me that doors will be unlocked at 6am and nothing more.

I'll be showing up at 5:45. My 3GS went swimming a couple months ago and I have been toughing it out with a BlackBerry Curve ever since. I can't wait to get rid of this piece of crap.

I'm no fanboy by any means, but I honestly feel as though my "life productivity" will be resurrected when I re-iPhone. There are just too many functions that iOS performs so efficiently, reverting to a BlackBerry has felt incapacitating on both the social and business aspects of my life.

extenet
Jun 21, 2010, 05:57 PM
Baybrook: I spoke with the mall office at Baybrook today. That hadn't a clue about the iPhone 4 launch. When I counseled them about the probable line dilemma, they told me that doors will be unlocked at 6am and nothing more.

I'll be showing up at 5:45. My 3GS went swimming a couple months ago and I have been toughing it out with a BlackBerry Curve ever since. I can't wait to get rid of this piece of crap.

I'm no fanboy by any means, but I honestly feel as though my "life productivity" will be resurrected when I re-iPhone. There are just too many functions that iOS performs so efficiently, reverting to a BlackBerry has felt incapacitating on both the social and business aspects of my life.

Good to know! I'll still be showing up at 5, in case there are any lines forming outside. Thanks for the update!

ChrisTX
Jun 21, 2010, 08:22 PM
I know which entrance to go to but in that particular case there were people at 2 entrances, so no one really knew. At The Woodlands it will be across from the food court by the escalators.

extenet
Jun 22, 2010, 03:51 PM
I know which entrance to go to but in that particular case there were people at 2 entrances, so no one really knew. At The Woodlands it will be across from the food court by the escalators.

This is correct, doors will be open by 6:00AM, escelators will probably be off (they do most cleaning in the morning), so run down them, hang a right, right next to the GAP sit down and wait for the goodness :)

toxictrix
Jun 22, 2010, 03:52 PM
Good to know! I'll still be showing up at 5, in case there are any lines forming outside. Thanks for the update!

What door you going to try? I was thinking the one by Cinnabon? I was hoping to camp out all night but i guess not...

extenet
Jun 22, 2010, 04:27 PM
What door you going to try? I was thinking the one by Cinnabon? I was hoping to camp out all night but i guess not...

Yes, that'll be the door I am at. There's another thread on here that is specific for baybrook, where a user posted that the security said that door is one of the first opened (at 6). I don't really think there will be that many people at baybrook (relatively speaking), or anyone camping out overnight. See you there!

Andrew Henry
Jun 22, 2010, 05:39 PM
I'll see you guys at Baybrook :) I pre-ordered so I'm not sure I'll be showing up any earlier than 530-600.

Andrew

jgrem2000
Jun 22, 2010, 06:14 PM
According to the management office at Memorial City, the mall doors will open at 5:30 and people will then be allowed to camp outside the Apple Store. The mall door closest to the store is in-between Target and Macy’s, next to Eyemasters.

This is the most specific info I've been able to get from any of the malls in Houston so far. Meanwhile, Galleria security is still insisting that nobody will be allowed to hang around the store until 7am, when they open.

hblasjr
Jun 22, 2010, 07:47 PM
Is the underground parking the closest to the Apple store @The Galleria? I wonder if those doors will open at 7 as well?...Oh, well. I'll go there planning on waiting for a while.
Good luck all!

x-kid
Jun 22, 2010, 08:14 PM
i'll be heading over to the Willowbrook store before i head into work on Thursday. I have it reserved so hopefully i won't run into any problems. i plan to show up there around 6. Does anyone know what entrance is the best?

RedRaider219
Jun 22, 2010, 08:26 PM
I know what mall I'm going to, First Colony, but does anyone know what time they will be opening the doors and what their policies are on lining up before they open doors. If anyone has this info it would be great to know, because I just called up the store itself and got no answer. Thanks!

ChrisTX
Jun 22, 2010, 09:03 PM
This is correct, doors will be open by 6:00AM, escelators will probably be off (they do most cleaning in the morning), so run down them, hang a right, right next to the GAP sit down and wait for the goodness :)
Awesome I'll probably show by 5 just incase. I have one reserved, but I'm a morning person anyways , and it never hurts to be a little early! :D

extenet
Jun 22, 2010, 09:11 PM
Awesome I'll probably show by 5 just incase. I have one reserved, but I'm a morning person anyways , and it never hurts to be a little early! :D

Nope, you won't be disappointed I'm sure.

sebast1anc
Jun 22, 2010, 09:12 PM
Since AT&T isn't doing walk-in sales anymore looks like I'll be going to the woodlands store.

Anyone else that didn't pre order what time are you planning on showing up? I feel like anytime before 5 would be a waste since there will probably be a mad rush to the store once the mall doors open at 6 anyways.. But maybe I'm wrong... This is my first iPhone purchase on launch.

I think I'll drive by every once and a while and stay once some people start showing up.

CJayC
Jun 22, 2010, 09:31 PM
I know what mall I'm going to, First Colony, but does anyone know what time they will be opening the doors and what their policies are on lining up before they open doors. If anyone has this info it would be great to know, because I just called up the store itself and got no answer. Thanks!

Do you have a reservation?

RedRaider219
Jun 22, 2010, 09:33 PM
Do you have a reservation?

No I do not, I was planning on going up there at around 4:30 or 5

Fisticuffs2065
Jun 22, 2010, 09:58 PM
No I do not, I was planning on going up there at around 4:30 or 5

I'll be going to FC as well also. Are you going to be near the entrance right next to the apple store?

RedRaider219
Jun 22, 2010, 10:01 PM
I'll be going to FC as well also. Are you going to be near the entrance right next to the apple store?

Yeah, I figure that would be the best place to wait. Not sure about what time the doors will open though.

CJayC
Jun 22, 2010, 10:04 PM

Did you expect him to wait outside Dillard's?

Fisticuffs2065
Jun 22, 2010, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I figure that would be the best place to wait. Not sure about what time the doors will open though.

I called the Apple store a few days ago to ask them a few questions and I asked what times the doors would open up leading into the mall and she said exactly at 7AM. But I wonder if she had my question mixed up with me asking her what time the APPLE store would open. Haha. I'll be there around the time you described.

Fisticuffs2065
Jun 22, 2010, 10:06 PM
Did you expect him to wait outside Dillard's?

It was just a question, no need to get smart. With people these days, they might be waiting across the street at Chipotle.

Iphone4Mac
Jun 22, 2010, 10:23 PM
BAYBROOK

I also reserved it at the Apple store in Baybrook, I'm going to go talk the the mall security tomorrow at 4pm and see what they say about the lines,
PS Baybrook best buy has 10 iphone bk 16gig and no white iphones yet not sure about the 32gig BKL

boston44
Jun 22, 2010, 10:34 PM
I called the Apple store a few days ago to ask them a few questions and I asked what times the doors would open up leading into the mall and she said exactly at 7AM. But I wonder if she had my question mixed up with me asking her what time the APPLE store would open. Haha. I'll be there around the time you described.

I'll be there around 5, how many iPhones do you think FC will have compared to SL BB?

extenet
Jun 22, 2010, 10:35 PM
BAYBROOK

I also reserved it at the Apple store in Baybrook, I'm going to go talk the the mall security tomorrow at 4pm and see what they say about the lines,
PS Baybrook best buy has 10 iphone bk 16gig and no white iphones yet not sure about the 32gig BKL

Great! Let me know what they say!

danthony05
Jun 22, 2010, 10:44 PM
unfortunately, I have to go to work early so can't be apart of the madness in the morning. But I hope that by 2 in the afternoon things will be very calm. I have a test at 6. and would like to do some actual studying.

Fisticuffs2065
Jun 22, 2010, 10:49 PM
I'll be there around 5, how many iPhones do you think FC will have compared to SL BB?

Honestly I think the Apple store is the way to go. I've had bad experiences with the BB in SL.

boston44
Jun 22, 2010, 10:49 PM
Honestly I think the Apple store is the way to go. I've had bad experiences with the BB in SL.

So have I, bought my mac there and they were rude as hell. Only place that had it in stock, though.

Fisticuffs2065
Jun 22, 2010, 10:58 PM
So have I, bought my mac there and they were rude as hell. Only place that had it in stock, though.

Apple will be prepared for walk-in's. I'm sure they will have plenty of iPhones for the early people. So good thing you'll be going early!!

Really hope you get one!

hopeful1
Jun 22, 2010, 11:00 PM

Really, 6am? I was told today by both an Apple employee at TW, as well as mall info that mall doors will not open until 7am.
About the lines once inside the mall, does Apple start taking people from both the 'reservation' and 'no reservation' lines at 7am? Or do they service those with reservations first? Thanks for the info!

boston44
Jun 22, 2010, 11:00 PM
Apple will be prepared for walk-in's. I'm sure they will have plenty of iPhones for the early people. So good thing you'll be going early!!

Really hope you get one!

Thanks- hope you get one as well. Hopefully they'll be plenty for all, but it seems everyone going to FC is going around 4:30... Are you going at 7 when the doors supposedly open or earlier like 5?

extenet
Jun 22, 2010, 11:20 PM
Really, 6am? I was told today by both an Apple employee at TW, as well as mall info that mall doors will not open until 7am.
About the lines once inside the mall, does Apple start taking people from both the 'reservation' and 'no reservation' lines at 7am? Or do they service those with reservations first? Thanks for the info!

I worked the woodlands store (two iPhone launches in there) Mall doors always open at least an hour before any stores open for employees and mall walkers. I'm fairly confident they will be open at 6. If not, it won't be too hot outside. They will take people from both lines at the same time, though probably have more staffed for the reservation line.
Good luck!

ChrisTX
Jun 23, 2010, 06:28 AM
I worked the woodlands store (two iPhone launches in there) Mall doors always open at least an hour before any stores open for employees and mall walkers. I'm fairly confident they will be open at 6. If not, it won't be too hot outside. They will take people from both lines at the same time, though probably have more staffed for the reservation line.
Good luck!

I also spoke to a lady who said they were all arriving at 6am when the mall doors opened. I'm sure if there is enough people waiting they will let us wait inside. That's what the Willowbrook store did for the 3g launch.

slawcop
Jun 23, 2010, 06:56 AM
I plan on being at the Woodlands Mall launch tomorrow. I was told by store employees that they are expecting 700-800 for reserved and at least that in the first come first serve line.
Since this is my first iphone launch can extent or christx or anyone have any suggestions to make this ridiculous process bareable?

cwanja
Jun 23, 2010, 07:24 AM
Will be outside the Galleria at 3:30 or 4 waiting. I have family that works inside the store, so I am going to hear from them about the waiting lines and what not.

I hope that the lines are not bad - I know in the past that they generally go quickly, ONLY if AT&T activation servers can keep up. We'll see.

extenet
Jun 23, 2010, 07:49 AM
I plan on being at the Woodlands Mall launch tomorrow. I was told by store employees that they are expecting 700-800 for reserved and at least that in the first come first serve line.
Since this is my first iphone launch can extent or christx or anyone have any suggestions to make this ridiculous process bareable?

700-800 reservations? I find that a little hard to believe. . . but who knows. Show up early (around 5 at least), bring your iPhone/iPad/MacBook Pro and hang out. Generally those people hanging out in line are pretty cool people, strike up a convo and the time will go by fast. Employees will be out and about, try to befriend one, they'll let you know what's going on, and make sure you listen to all the announcements they have :) Good luck!

Genocyde
Jun 23, 2010, 08:03 AM
700-800 reservations? I find that a little hard to believe. . . but who knows. Show up early (around 5 at least), bring your iPhone/iPad/MacBook Pro and hang out. Generally those people hanging out in line are pretty cool people, strike up a convo and the time will go by fast. Employees will be out and about, try to befriend one, they'll let you know what's going on, and make sure you listen to all the announcements they have :) Good luck!

I'll be at the woodlands mall early, probably start scouting it out around 4 to see if there is anyone in line outside of the mall. If anyone here wants to meet up or any reconnaissance info that morning PM me for contact info.

Fisticuffs2065
Jun 23, 2010, 08:09 AM
Thanks- hope you get one as well. Hopefully they'll be plenty for all, but it seems everyone going to FC is going around 4:30... Are you going at 7 when the doors supposedly open or earlier like 5?

I'm going to go at around 430AM-5AM-ish!

ChrisTX
Jun 23, 2010, 09:36 AM
Pretty much on point. I'll show anywhere from 4-5 but being that this launch is so early in the day I can't see mobs of people being there as early as 5AM, but you never know. Never been to a launch at this particular store. The other two I attended were at the Galleria, and Willowbrook. :cool:

extenet
Jun 23, 2010, 09:40 AM
Pretty much on point. I'll show anywhere from 4-5 but being that this launch is so early in the day I can't see mobs of people being there as early as 5AM, but you never know. Never been to a launch at this particular store. The other two I attended were at the Galleria, and Willowbrook. :cool:

Hopefully most will stay at home :) if anyone is going to baybrook and wants to form a coillition PM me and we'll set it up!

slawcop
Jun 23, 2010, 09:55 AM
Christx and genocide you guys want to set up together? I will also be there by 4-430am. Got some calls into some friends to get more info. If you want too contact me @ slawcop95@yahoo.com if interested and we will exchange contact info.

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 10:11 AM
Any body going there, Iam about an hr away and was wanting to try there, what time ppl meeting there, you think they will have enough phones? I was planning around getting there about 5am.

iwantiphone4
Jun 23, 2010, 10:31 AM
I plan on going to Memorial City Mall around 4:30 or 5:00 but I don't know where to line up... I will have to call the apple store to find out where the early arrivals should go to line up

boston44
Jun 23, 2010, 10:54 AM
Has anyone else called the FC store to figure out if 1. We're allowed to line up outside at the very nearby entrance, 2. What time they will be opening the doors/opening the store.. and 3. Approx. how many phones they have?

extenet
Jun 23, 2010, 10:57 AM
Has anyone else called the FC store to figure out if 1. We're allowed to line up outside at the very nearby entrance, 2. What time they will be opening the doors/opening the store.. and 3. Approx. how many phones they have?

Don't know for sure about #1. #2 stores open at 7. #3 apple will never tell you how much stock they have. Sorry

iMattK
Jun 23, 2010, 10:58 AM
I plan on going to Memorial City Mall around 4:30 or 5:00 but I don't know where to line up... I will have to call the apple store to find out where the early arrivals should go to line up

I'm also going to Memorial, will be there around 5:00 am please let us know what they say!. Thanks!

Genocyde
Jun 23, 2010, 11:01 AM
Don't know for sure about #1. #2 stores open at 7. #3 apple will never tell you how much stock they have. Sorry

Yep, no comment on incoming stock. The Woodlands apple store employees said they didn't even know for "security reasons"

extenet
Jun 23, 2010, 11:02 AM
Yep, no comment on incoming stock. The Woodlands apple store employees said they didn't even know for "security reasons"

Only ICS and management (and genii most of the time) know stock count.

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 11:08 AM
I'm also going to Memorial, will be there around 5:00 am please let us know what they say!. Thanks!

I talked to the to a lady at the apple store..... She said doors will open at 5:30 for the mall and 7 for the store...... She said she expects ppl to camp out..... Why would you camp out if you can't get in till 530 anyways? Wouldn't pp0l rush the doors, I never done a launch day before, how does it work before the doors open? Do you go in how you are lined up at the doors or is it a mad rush once the mall doors open?

boston44
Jun 23, 2010, 11:09 AM
thanks for the info guys, I figure if I get there at 4:30 or 5, at least it's only a 2 hour wait before someone gets in the doors.. I do have a secret plan though..just thought of it. :p

iMattK
Jun 23, 2010, 11:19 AM
I talked to the to a lady at the apple store..... She said doors will open at 5:30 for the mall and 7 for the store...... She said she expects ppl to camp out..... Why would you camp out if you can't get in till 530 anyways? Wouldn't pp0l rush the doors, I never done a launch day before, how does it work before the doors open? Do you go in how you are lined up at the doors or is it a mad rush once the mall doors open?

Everyone lines up outside the doors, when the doors are open, the line just moves inside theres no mad rush. At least this is how it has been at 2 previous launches.

iwantiphone4
Jun 23, 2010, 11:37 AM
Everyone lines up outside the doors, when the doors are open, the line just moves inside theres no mad rush. At least this is how it has been at 2 previous launches.

So will there be two lines outside of the mall? one for pre-orders and one for walk-ins? or do you just line up and they divide you into two lines once inside? because i will be a walk-in and dont want to be stuck in the wrong line then have to go to the back

iwantiphone4
Jun 23, 2010, 12:07 PM
just got off the phone with the apple store at memorial city mall and they said that there is not going to be one dedicated line outside the mall before the mall opens at 5:30 but the closest entrance is between sears and macys and they expect people to camp out... i will be driving by tonight after the mall closes just to see how many people are camped out and if the line is long i will have to stay but if not i will be returning around 4:30 in the morning... anybody else going to memorial city as a walk-in?

RedRaider219
Jun 23, 2010, 12:17 PM

I just got off the phone with an employee at the FC store. He was not very clear as to what would be happening, but what he did say was that he did not know when the mall doors were going to open and that they would just take the line that has formed outside in whenever they opened.

extenet
Jun 23, 2010, 12:31 PM
So will there be two lines outside of the mall? one for pre-orders and one for walk-ins? or do you just line up and they divide you into two lines once inside? because i will be a walk-in and dont want to be stuck in the wrong line then have to go to the back

1 line outside that splits into 2 inside. I'm pretty sure most people getting there that early will be walk ups, and not those who have reservations.

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 12:37 PM
just got off the phone with the apple store at memorial city mall and they said that there is not going to be one dedicated line outside the mall before the mall opens at 5:30 but the closest entrance is between sears and macys and they expect people to camp out... i will be driving by tonight after the mall closes just to see how many people are camped out and if the line is long i will have to stay but if not i will be returning around 4:30 in the morning... anybody else going to memorial city as a walk-in?

I am planning on it, let me know what the situation is when you drive by there tonight?

extenet
Jun 23, 2010, 01:52 PM
argh, just saw apple says no white iPhones till late July. . . hopefully they're able to get a couple out tomorrow :(

iMattK
Jun 23, 2010, 02:48 PM
argh, just saw apple says no white iPhones till late July. . . hopefully they're able to get a couple out tomorrow :(

NO white iPhones till July, most likely means NO white phones till July. Sorry :(.

extenet
Jun 23, 2010, 03:07 PM
NO white iPhones till July, most likely means NO white phones till July. Sorry :(.

Haha, most likely yes, but I used to work for apple and know that things always aren't as they seem. For instance, right before the 3GS came out, there was rumor of only have 16GB available, in fact, we were told in an ARW post to tell customers we only were going to have 16GB available (for those who didn't pre-order). Low and behold on launch day, 32GB 3GS, here's to hoping :)

hmp
Jun 23, 2010, 03:12 PM

I've been to two launches at the FC store (the original iPhone and the iPhone 3g). Both times, I've gotten there early morning (2ish - about 10 people in front of me each time) and camped out at the entrance closest to the apple store. The security are fine with it, as long as you're not making a scene.

I believe it was at about 5:30/6 that they opened the mall doors for the mall walkers. At that point, everyone moves inside. The apple store employees ensure the line is properly setup and keep you informed throughout the entire process. They'll probably pass out water or some other refreshments.

It's worth noting that you want to be one of the first 20 or 30 people in line. Otherwise, you'll be stuck waiting outside even after the doors open. While it'll still be early morning, I can imagine that with this weather you'll want to get inside as soon as possible.

Question #2 I think has already been addressed. As for question #3, forget about getting an accurate answer. Even asking the apple employees one minute before 7 isn't going to give you anything but a vague response.

SSpectre
Jun 23, 2010, 04:06 PM
Anyone have updated info on the Galleria? I have a reservation there and was planning on getting there around 6AM to get mine.

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 04:47 PM
What time would be a good time to go up there...... Apple is making it sound like ppl will camp out there..... Do you think they would?

extenet
Jun 23, 2010, 04:49 PM
What time would be a good time to go up there...... Apple is making it sound like ppl will camp out there..... Do you think they would?

Not overnight, mall security probably won't allow it. If there were a flagship store, there would surely be people camping over night. I would say 5AM or so would be early enough. Good Luck!

adamtce
Jun 23, 2010, 04:57 PM
ive tried to talk to someone about what time we'd be allowed into the mall (Galleria) but really haven't gotten any answers called Apple & they didn't know themselves...so ill likely be showing up at 6/6:30 am.

boston44
Jun 23, 2010, 05:00 PM
The key question: If I go at 5 AM to FC, do you think I'll get a phone (any model)?

adamtce
Jun 23, 2010, 05:03 PM
just talked to mall security doors open at 5:30am but you will not be allowed to form a line or wait in line until 7am when apple doors open.

austin186
Jun 23, 2010, 05:04 PM
Is anyone going to memorial city mall, and what time?

Paladin
Jun 23, 2010, 05:22 PM
Is anyone going to memorial city mall, and what time?

I was wondering the same thing. I'm going to plan on getting there around 6. I have a reservation, but I need to open up my store at 8.

lime33
Jun 23, 2010, 05:23 PM
I'm going to memorial. guess i'm going to get there around 5.30?

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 06:06 PM
I'm planning on going to memorial in around 5am..... any one forming meetup groups?

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 06:07 PM
just talked to mall security doors open at 5:30am but you will not be allowed to form a line or wait in line until 7am when apple doors open.

what mall was this?

ZachAlt
Jun 23, 2010, 06:50 PM
anyone at FC yet?

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 07:01 PM
just talked to apple at memorial city mall and said ppl are already forming lines outside but the target entrance.... Guess I should go up there tonight?

SSpectre
Jun 23, 2010, 07:04 PM
what mall was this?

Guessing Galleria since he mentioned it in an earlier post.

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 07:19 PM
just talked to apple at memorial city mall and said ppl are already forming lines outside but the target entrance.... Guess I should go up there tonight?

But then I talked to mall security and they made it sound like no one is lining up yet...... aghhhhh this is killing me, do I go now or not......... do I go now or not..... plus i live about an hr and 15-20 min away

extenet
Jun 23, 2010, 07:22 PM
But then I talked to mall security and they made it sound like no one is lining up yet...... aghhhhh this is killing me, do I go now or not......... do I go now or not..... plus i live about an hr and 15-20 min away

If you have a reservation don't go till tomorrow. If not, you may want to, but I highly doubt people are lining up this early...

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 07:27 PM
If you have a reservation don't go till tomorrow. If not, you may want to, but I highly doubt people are lining up this early...

What would be a good time to get there?

adamtce
Jun 23, 2010, 07:29 PM
what mall was this?

yeah Galleria, sorry meant to include that

extenet
Jun 23, 2010, 07:29 PM
What would be a good time to get there?

First colony is one of the busier stores in Houston. This is good and bad. Good cause they'll probably have more phones. Bad because more people. I'd say 5ish?

x-kid
Jun 23, 2010, 07:47 PM
I'm eating right now but I live right down the road from memorial city mall. I'll drive by and see if I see a line and I'll report back

iwantiphone4
Jun 23, 2010, 08:02 PM
I'm eating right now but I live right down the road from memorial city mall. I'll drive by and see if I see a line and I'll report back

That would be good... I am going to go by around 9:00 to 9:30 and see if there is a line and report back with some info... Man this is so crazy/stressful/kinda fun

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 08:09 PM
That would be good... I am going to go by around 9:00 to 9:30 and see if there is a line and report back with some info... Man this is so crazy/stressful/kinda fun

Yall want to meet up?...... I am preparing for an overnight stay if need be.....

two phones one with cracked screen with music, other Iphone with movies on it

CalCon
Jun 23, 2010, 08:14 PM
Yall want to meet up?...... I am preparing for an overnight stay if need be.....

two phones one with cracked screen with music, other Iphone with movies on it

I may be up for a meet up. This is the first time I'm getting an iphone, dunno what camping out/line waiting is like.

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 08:16 PM
I may be up for a meet up. This is the first time I'm getting an iphone, dunno what camping out/line waiting is like.

not my first phone but first launch day event..... kinda excited nervous..... I live an hr and 20 min away and would hate to drive there and not get the phone

im down Im thinking about leaving my house around 10 or 11 depending on the status of the lines from the ppl that live near there

austin186
Jun 23, 2010, 08:39 PM
I'm here at mc mall it's 8:38pm and there are 25 people in line.

x-kid
Jun 23, 2010, 08:45 PM
I'm here at mc mall it's 8:38pm and there are 25 people in line.

Yeah I just drove by and see like 25 people camping out

boston44
Jun 23, 2010, 08:50 PM
30 People outside FC mall as of 8:50 PM

ChrisTX
Jun 23, 2010, 08:56 PM
Crazy, I thought about hitting The Woodlands mall to check, but I'm not that hard up for a phone that I need to camp out(12hr shift at work, I need SOME rest). Plus with my reservation, I think I should be set.

odobo
Jun 23, 2010, 08:58 PM
just gotta be curious if those that camp outside tonight have reserved their phone or not.... since there will be 2 lines tomorrow and only 1 line tonight.... how is it gonna work =P

RedRaider219
Jun 23, 2010, 09:12 PM

Is it even worth going out there at 4:30 with 30 people already out there or should I just wait it out??

boston44
Jun 23, 2010, 09:14 PM
Is it even worth going out there at 4:30 with 30 people already out there or should I just wait it out??

It's your call, but I spoke to a representative who said they will be able to take "some" walk in orders, for what it's worth. In the past 5 AM has been fine, but the hype on this thing is high this year. Best Buy apparently is getting more in on the 29th, if you wanted to go that route.

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah I just drove by and see like 25 people camping out

I am about to head that way.... I wonder how many extra phones they are going to have for non reserve

any body still want to meet up..... i live an hr and 15 to 20 min away.......it will be 1015-1045 before i get there

boston44
Jun 23, 2010, 09:15 PM
just gotta be curious if those that camp outside tonight have reserved their phone or not.... since there will be 2 lines tomorrow and only 1 line tonight.... how is it gonna work =P

There are already poles segregated off for those in line.. My phone is not reserved.. Who knows, they could still have phones at 1 in the afternoon and nothing would flat out surprise me.. It seems like BB, Walmart, and RadioShack have all been shortchanged, so it's really your call. Like I said before though, BB has more supposedly on the 29th fwiw.

RedRaider219
Jun 23, 2010, 09:32 PM
Ok is it worth going right now to FC mall, or does anyone have a new count of how many people might be there now??? I'm thinking about taking off now, but what should I bring to keep me busy all night haha

Fisticuffs2065
Jun 23, 2010, 09:33 PM

Holy smokes. Lol. Good thing I have mine reserved.

boston44
Jun 23, 2010, 09:33 PM
Ok is it worth going right now to FC mall, or does anyone have a new count of how many people might be there now??? I'm thinking about taking off now, but what should I bring to keep me busy all night haha

Honestly, coming now versus say 2 AM shouldn't make a difference. It's that 5-7 timeframe when everyone is going to bust their tail to make it up.

RedRaider219
Jun 23, 2010, 09:34 PM
Honestly, coming now versus say 2 AM shouldn't make a difference. It's that 5-7 timeframe when everyone is going to bust their tail to make it up.

I know you were planning on going at the same time, what are you going to do now that you know the situation up there?

boston44
Jun 23, 2010, 09:41 PM
I know you were planning on going at the same time, what are you going to do now that you know the situation up there?

No idea man.. I was planning on going with friends but they aren't nearly a big a fan of apple as I am, and they're complaining now that it's too early, or they'll be sold out..among possible "bugs" with the first batch. I for one will be there one way or another, likely earlier than 4. I would stay tonight but frankly I need some rest.. Are you heading out now or later in the morning?

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 09:44 PM
Any MC Mall people going up tonight?

lime33
Jun 23, 2010, 09:46 PM
anybody at memorial got a phone number i can text to get updates on the line? would be a big help tomorrow morning.

lime33
Jun 23, 2010, 09:47 PM
Any MC Mall people going up tonight?

i'm tempted to head up but i havent really planned for it. then again never stayed in a line overnight before so i wouldn't know how to plan.

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 09:50 PM
i'm tempted to head up but i havent really planned for it. then again never stayed in a line overnight before so i wouldn't know how to plan.

me neither, I just have a bag full of books, and two phones charged of music..... kinda curious..... I wonder what there allotment for non reserved will be

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 09:55 PM
i know this is random and dumb..... but what if you have to go to the restroom.... do you lose your spot or ppl hold it for you? Where do you go for that?

lime33
Jun 23, 2010, 09:55 PM
me neither, I just have a bag full of books, and two phones charged of music..... kinda curious..... I wonder what there allotment for non reserved will be

yea, i think if you get in line at this hour, you'll most likely get a phone. trying to figure out my chances if i try tomorrow morning at like 5. i bet it's a pretty fun atmosphere just waiting with other people in line.

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 10:03 PM
yea, i think if you get in line at this hour, you'll most likely get a phone. trying to figure out my chances if i try tomorrow morning at like 5. i bet it's a pretty fun atmosphere just waiting with other people in line.

go ahead and go.... im about to head that way.... i bet it is fun..... you can pm if you would like and we can meet up..... now it will take me about an hr and 20 min to get there

whats the status now with ppl in line

lime33
Jun 23, 2010, 10:15 PM
go ahead and go.... im about to head that way.... i bet it is fun..... you can pm if you would like and we can meet up..... now it will take me about an hr and 20 min to get there

made the decision to sleep tonight and try and go 5am tomorrow. you got a number i can reach you at tomorrow morning to see if its worth my time heading down?

Takeo Rey
Jun 23, 2010, 10:17 PM
I'm planning to go to MC mall but I don't think I should go early since I have a reservation, so I think I'll be arriving before they open, maybe 6:30 or 7. A friend of mine that works at the Apple store there says they are getting breakfast for the people in line :) Maybe some breakfast Chick Fil A? That would be great.

Just trying to figure out what time to go...

iwantiphone4
Jun 23, 2010, 10:18 PM

I just got back about 30 minutes ago and it was the same 25 people... I will be showing up around 2:30 or 3 if anyone wnts to meet me there

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 10:20 PM
made the decision to sleep tonight and try and go 5am tomorrow. you got a number i can reach you at tomorrow morning to see if its worth my time heading down?

if you pm I can get you my number

macfreak52
Jun 23, 2010, 10:20 PM
Christx and genocide you guys want to set up together? I will also be there by 4-430am. Got some calls into some friends to get more info. If you want too contact me @ slawcop95@yahoo.com if interested and we will exchange contact info.

Hey man, shot you an email. Looks like I'm going to be heading up to the Woodlands Mall around 4am, but I don't have a reservation. Still kinda nervous. So anyone scoped it out tonight? Any help would be appreciated. Shoot me an email if you wanna meet up...rjnutterbutter@mac.com (no comment on the email). Oh and did everyone decide the entrance by the elevators across the food court? And is there gonna be a nice line outside or rush? Looking forward to it...hit me up and GOOD LUCK :D

txmade
Jun 23, 2010, 10:22 PM
I just got back about 30 minutes ago and it was the same 25 people... I will be showing up around 2:30 or 3 if anyone wnts to meet me there

I am about to head that way soon.... I should be there by 1130.... I'll be in khaki shorts brown shirt that say California surf club and flip flops.... if you pm me I can give you my cell number and you can txt me

SpankWare
Jun 23, 2010, 10:23 PM
Hey man, shot you an email. Looks like I'm going to be heading up to the Woodlands Mall around 4am, but I don't have a reservation. Still kinda nervous. So anyone scoped it out tonight? Any help would be appreciated. Shoot me an email if you wanna meet up...rjnutterbutter@mac.com (no comment on the email). Oh and did everyone decide the entrance by the elevators across the food court? And is there gonna be a nice line outside or rush? Looking forward to it...hit me up and GOOD LUCK :D

According to the Mall Customer Service Office all doors will open at normal time except the doors at the top of the escalators which will open at 6:30am. I'm probably headed that way in a little while for some recon. If things are bad i'll post.

iwantiphone4
Jun 23, 2010, 10:31 PM
I am about to head that way soon.... I should be there by 1130.... I'll be in khaki shorts brown shirt that say California surf club and flip flops.... if you pm me I can give you my cell number and you can txt me

Well my number is 2813879065... let me know what its like when you get there and if its more then when I passed by I will have to join u

lime33
Jun 23, 2010, 10:35 PM
won't let me pm you txmade. if you don't mind iwantiphone4, i might give you a text tomorrow morning looking for an update on the # of people if thats cool. good luck tomorrow guys

iwantiphone4
Jun 23, 2010, 10:50 PM
won't let me pm you txmade. if you don't mind iwantiphone4, i might give you a text tomorrow morning looking for an update on the # of people if thats cool. good luck tomorrow guys

That's fine with me

hopeful1
Jun 23, 2010, 10:59 PM
According to the Mall Customer Service Office all doors will open at normal time except the doors at the top of the escalators which will open at 6:30am. I'm probably headed that way in a little while for some recon. If things are bad i'll post.

It will be interesting to see if anyone is there. Mall security at TW was adamant about NO CAMPING. But what exactly do they mean? 5am surely is considered morning, right?.....

Genocyde
Jun 23, 2010, 11:31 PM
It will be interesting to see if anyone is there. Mall security at TW was adamant about NO CAMPING. But what exactly do they mean? 5am surely is considered morning, right?.....

I just checked the woodlands entrances, no lines yet. Anyone else out here? Give me a txt 281-467-8657

sebast1anc
Jun 23, 2010, 11:43 PM

yeah, i went by at 9 when the mall closed and asked security and they said people wouldn't be allowed on to the property until 6:30am when the doors open. we'll see if that actually holds true..

txmade
Jun 24, 2010, 12:48 AM
at MC Mall about 65-75 ppl here now. Ppl said apple employees came around and took names down for a list or something before I got here. Is it like that everywhere else in Houston?

Danilo77
Jun 24, 2010, 01:11 AM
I'm hearing reports of zero campers at Woodlands/Willowbrook. Why are there 75 at MC?! Anyone know the best entrance at Willowbrook?

iMattK
Jun 24, 2010, 01:56 AM
Any updates with MC? is it really 75 people in line all ready?

brittany0613
Jun 24, 2010, 02:40 AM
I'm hearing reports of zero campers at Woodlands/Willowbrook. Why are there 75 at MC?! Anyone know the best entrance at Willowbrook?

There are campers at the Woodlands mall. I drove by after work tonight. They are camping in what used to be the Circuit City parking lot. I'm guessing mall security wouldn't let them camp by the entrance yet.

cwanja
Jun 24, 2010, 03:20 AM
I am planning to his Galleria around 4:30 or 5. HPD said that they will allow a line starting at 6 - one dedicated for walk ins and one for pre-orders / reservations. But SIMON security, for what they are worth (nothing), said that you can not PARK or WALK the mall until 5:30, and you're not allowed to form a line until 7. If that is the truth, and you know the design of the Galleria where the Apple Store is located, you are about to see a HUGE number of people pacing back and forth.

Frankly, I believe HPD will manage the lines and override SIMON security. I don't think Apple is going to let a mass amount of people just poor into the store. That is just unsafe and not Apple's way of business.

As for MC, when I worked there the lines are ALWAYS long. It is a smaller stored, compared to Willowbrook and Woodlands, so people figure why not go there? The problem with that is, EVERYONE else thinks that too.

None the less, any who is going to the Galleria shoot me an email @ chris.wanja@gmail.com and I will be glad to meet up and chat with you.

itsgerson
Jun 24, 2010, 04:08 AM
I just got kicked out of the willowbrook mall. Security guard said nobody can be on property until after 4:45am, explains why nobody is camping.

macfreak52
Jun 24, 2010, 04:38 AM
So I'm here at the circuit city parking lot where about 50 cars are lined up. No one can be on mall property till 6:30. Not sure how the line is going to be kept driving over there. I was pretty suprised at how many people are here! Let me know if you want more info.

ChrisTX
Jun 24, 2010, 04:42 AM
So I'm here at the circuit city parking lot where about 50 cars are lined up. No one can be on mall property till 6:30. Not sure how the line is going to be kept driving over there. I was pretty suprised at how many people are here! Let me know if you want more info.

I am also in the circuit city parking lot. It looks some cars tried to from a line but at this point it's probably whoever shows up first at his point. So glad I have a reservation.

itsgerson
Jun 24, 2010, 04:47 AM
Lol the scramble from the side road to the entrance was very "fast and the furious"-like.

ChrisTX
Jun 24, 2010, 04:59 AM
Lol the scramble from the side road to the entrance was very "fast and the furious"-like.
There's a line formed in the circuit city parking lot but I don't get it. Do you actually think everyone is just going to wait for those people to leave out first? I guarantee you at 6 everyone will just go.

Houstonheights
Jun 24, 2010, 04:59 AM
I just got kicked out of the willowbrook mall. Security guard said nobody can be on property until after 4:45am, explains why nobody is camping.

I thought that would happen I drove by last night and talked to the security gaurd and he said NO cars overnight and was in the process of kicking a lady off property in her lawn chair.. Heading to willowbrook now. My friend has his iphone 4 in hand, unfortunately I dont have a reservation so I hope I am early enough..

jgrem2000
Jun 24, 2010, 05:45 AM
The Galleria opened at 5:00, not 5:30 like security told me. The line formed outside the store immediately and is now starting to wrap the other direction around the 2nd floor. Everything Galleria security said all week long was total crap. Lesson learned.

pilotkev1
Jun 24, 2010, 06:12 AM
They've got cool Segways though.

cwfrederick
Jun 24, 2010, 06:56 AM
there's no reason those geniuses at the galleria couldn't put up the barriers last night and allowed people to form a line whenever. and maybe it's just me, but i don't think these 'security guards' can handle the responsibility of those segway things. anyway, there's a crapload of people here. i havn't had the chance to be day one for the iphone until today but this is pretty crazy.. glad i own some AAPL.

SSpectre
Jun 24, 2010, 09:49 AM
Was also at the Galleria this morning; wow, that was a sea of humanity. I got there a few minutes before 6AM and was out by 7:45. Lots of drinks and some food being passed out by the Apple employees. The way the lines were formed was a mess though. The reservation line went across the bridge in front the apple store and down the corridor to the elevators. Soon after I got there, the line was split by security and we had to start lining up next to Zales and then the line wrapped around the middle of that entire corridor then they started lining up on the wall on the other side. The walkup line started from the Apple Store and headed towards the elevators and wrapped at the end and I'm not sure where it ended up.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of walkups turned away. It looked like they would let one walkup in every so often; at least 10:1 reservations to walkups in the store.

adamtce
Jun 24, 2010, 10:07 AM
got there at 6:45 got out by 8:30 - not too bad didn't really feel like that long of wait since i had some cool people to stand next to and talk to.

loving my new iPhone 4, display is so amazing.

j-a-x
Jun 24, 2010, 10:28 AM
I arrived at the Galleria at 7 am, and was out just before 9 am. The Westin served us coffee, orange juice, muffins and toast, while Apple employees served us bottled iced tea. it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be.

hblasjr
Jun 24, 2010, 11:32 AM
My experience: I got there just before 6 and was out by 8. They(Apple) were moving us who reserved pretty quick.

ChrisTX
Jun 24, 2010, 11:37 AM
I got to The Woodlands store by 4:30 and of course was directed to the old Circuit City lot. Regardless I was in and out in 10 mins, just in time for me to make it to work by 9AM on the dot LOL. The crowd at this location was MASSIVE, I saw many people showing up, and just leaving when they realized they didn't really have a chance without a reservation. Chik-Fil-A was there handing out free chicken biscuits, and lots of free water. Also met some cool people while in line. I wish the mall here would have allowed people to wait outside but what are you gonna do, looks like this wasn't the only mall. I think when the security guard saw just how many people there were and that there were more than just a few of us :D, and with the help of moco pb, they had to let a line form. Great launch, and even greater phone, the new display is just sick.

XTRanger
Jun 24, 2010, 11:44 AM
Anyone have any updates on the Galleria store? I will be going at 5pm, so just wanted to see if the crowd is going to get wilder, or if its going to die down.... I dont have my hopes up for getting my phone (reserved) but lets see.

boston44
Jun 24, 2010, 11:55 AM
Lol so I sleep in until 10, get dressed casually, and walk by the FC Apple Store. Meh, line is wayy too long so I walk six doors down to Best Buy Mobile and am the only and first one in line for my new iPhone 4 :cool:. They had 6, and no one really knows about them being a new store. Thus the secrets of boston44.

SSpectre
Jun 24, 2010, 12:25 PM
Anyone have any updates on the Galleria store? I will be going at 5pm, so just wanted to see if the crowd is going to get wilder, or if its going to die down.... I dont have my hopes up for getting my phone (reserved) but lets see.

You have a reservation? I don't think you'll have too much of a problem by 5:00. If you don't have a reservation, I don't think you'll have much of a chance. The store will hold reservations until the end of the day today.

pilotkev1
Jun 24, 2010, 01:25 PM
Is the Galleria still accepting walk-ins?

boston44
Jun 24, 2010, 02:51 PM
FC still has 32 GBs for all those interested, good luck.

adamtce
Jun 24, 2010, 02:57 PM
Is the Galleria still accepting walk-ins?

they line went all the way from apple to borders and almost wrapped around again for walk-ins at 7 this morning. I'd say you really dont have a chance there. AT&T off san felipe has them though in stock and no one was there.

SSpectre
Jun 24, 2010, 03:21 PM
they line went all the way from apple to borders and almost wrapped around again for walk-ins at 7 this morning. I'd say you really dont have a chance there. AT&T off san felipe has them though in stock and no one was there.

I think that line came all the way back to the elevator bank eventually and then maybe went somewhere else. I'd be surprised if half those people got phones.

thep33t
Jun 24, 2010, 03:29 PM
I was watching the galleria last night from my balcony sipping my jack and coke chuckling.

Then I remembered mine is due to be delivered July 14 :(

Sad times.

ChrisTX
Jun 24, 2010, 04:06 PM
Lol so I sleep in until 10, get dressed casually, and walk by the FC Apple Store. Meh, line is wayy too long so I walk six doors down to Best Buy Mobile and am the only and first one in line for my new iPhone 4 :cool:. They had 6, and no one really knows about them being a new store. Thus the secrets of boston44.
LOL, SCORE! :D

TabascoKid
Jun 24, 2010, 07:39 PM
Got to Willowbrook at 10. Was out by 2. Wish I'd worn more comfortable shoes:) Got my iPhone 4. Apparently they didn't have the stock they thought they would for walk ups, and the walk ups found out just as I was getting up near the front of the line. More than a few unhappy campers there.

TK

tassypoo
Jun 24, 2010, 08:51 PM
Congratulations to those who received their Iphone4 today. I was wondering if anyone knew of any Apple Stores who will have Iphone4's available tomorrow?

Thanks!

boston44
Jun 24, 2010, 09:34 PM
Congratulations to those who received their Iphone4 today. I was wondering if anyone knew of any Apple Stores who will have Iphone4's available tomorrow?

Thanks!

FC said they hope to get more, and will put you on a reserved list and call you as soon as one is available for you.

gilbo
Jun 24, 2010, 10:25 PM
mc was doin ratio 3:1 they were stayin open til 1am

got thr 3:40pm left 7:30pm

HtownAg94
Jun 25, 2010, 10:53 AM
Is the Galleria or Memorial still accepting walk-ins?

XTRanger
Jun 25, 2010, 10:59 AM
I went in yesterday after work at 5pm (Galleria), was in and out under 10mins. The reserved line barely had 5 people, the walk-ins had over 80!

Based on the chat I had with the "Geniuses" in the store, they are prepared for walkins today as well.

interpol27
Jun 25, 2010, 12:22 PM
I was at the galleria store this morning. They said they are completely out of iphones and they wont be receiving anymore until monday. :(

If anyone have information about other stores, plz update

Thanks

manja
Jun 25, 2010, 03:48 PM
I was at the galleria store this morning. They said they are completely out of iphones and they wont be receiving anymore until monday. :(

If anyone have information about other stores, plz update

Thanks

Nothing left in mc either. When I was there couple of hours ago there were enough people waiting in line to finish up the stock :(

boston44
Jun 25, 2010, 03:54 PM
Nothing left in mc either. When I was there couple of hours ago there were enough people waiting in line to finish up the stock :(

Same here, I was watching the line go in and thought they'd have a few left, but nope. Need one for a friend.

tassypoo
Jun 25, 2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks Boston for the information. I went today to the Apple Store in Baybrook. They still had some left over.

boston44
Jun 25, 2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks Boston for the information. I went today to the Apple Store in Baybrook. They still had some left over.

Around what time was this?

BrittQ
Jun 25, 2010, 05:44 PM
Baybrook is sold out. They don't know when their next shipment is coming in. Anyone know if theres any store around Houston w/ some in stock or getting a shipment in this weekend?

TabascoKid
Jun 25, 2010, 07:05 PM
Friend of mine got one at The Woodlands mall this morning - he got over there at 3:30 AM.

TK

BrittQ
Jun 25, 2010, 07:12 PM
Friend of mine got one at The Woodlands mall this morning - he got over there at 3:30 AM.

TK

Just called them. Sold out.

tassypoo
Jun 25, 2010, 08:39 PM
Around what time was this?

I was there around 900-1000am.

adamtce
Jun 26, 2010, 01:38 AM
Baybrook is sold out. They don't know when their next shipment is coming in. Anyone know if theres any store around Houston w/ some in stock or getting a shipment in this weekend?

at&t off san felipe had a few on Thursday but they're likely gone by now
and Best buy at Greenspoint may have 1 or 2

interpol27
Jun 26, 2010, 12:27 PM
any updates?:confused:

thanks

austinguy23
Jun 27, 2010, 07:43 PM
I'm eager to hear what you Houston guys and gal have to say about your new iPhone 4...reviews, please =)

Tuta
Jun 28, 2010, 10:10 AM
just curious if anyone is going early to get a walk up iPhone 4 (not reserved) at AT&T retail outlets tomorrow morning?

extenet
Jun 28, 2010, 03:18 PM
I'm eager to hear what you Houston guys and gal have to say about your new iPhone 4...reviews, please =)

best iPhone ever. Go buy one, you won't be disappointed.

AAli1991
Jun 30, 2010, 07:30 PM
Anyone know where in Houston I can get my hands on one of these? I've called SO many Apple Stores and AT&T Stores with no luck.

manja
Jun 30, 2010, 10:29 PM
Anyone know where in Houston I can get my hands on one of these? I've called SO many Apple Stores and AT&T Stores with no luck.

Bought mine yesterday at AT&T store located at Westheimer and Fondren. 1.5 hrs. wait in line.

AAli1991
Jul 1, 2010, 02:10 AM
Bought mine yesterday at AT&T store located at Westheimer and Fondren. 1.5 hrs. wait in line.

I would've waited in line had I known the situation was going to be like this, but I can't find one place that has them. Hopefully that'll change within the next few days...