PDA

View Full Version : AppleTV Download HD TV Shows Again?

hedgert
Jun 20, 2009, 05:21 AM
I am a new user of AppleTV.
I bought 2 HD TV Shows on the TV itself - and that worked fine, and I started watching the movies.
But iTunes on my laptop started synching them across to my harddisk and as it's a MacBook Air, it isn't big enough. I turned off TV Show (and then when that didn't work also Movies) synching with AppleTV in iTunes but it carried on doing it. Because my harddisk filled up I had to delete the shows in iTunes. After doing this a few times, some of the episodes disappeared from the AppleTV and now I don't have them anywhere.

Question 1: How do I download again things that I have bought from the iTunes store on the AppleTV - I can't find any many option for that. When I use "Check Downloads" it doesn't find anything to download.

I found that if I used Store->Check Downloads on iTunes on the MBA the episodes are listed - so I started trying to download them one by one (with the aim of synching them back across to the TV). But I've just noticed that what's being downloaded on the MBA is not HD! I'm getting the episodes but not the HD versions I paid for.

Question 2: How do I stop iTunes on my MBA from pulling big movies and TV shows that I buy on the AppleTV across onto the MBA and filling up the harddisk (but while still being able to sync my music and photos from the MBA to the AppleTV)?

Thanks
Tim

zedsdead
Jun 20, 2009, 05:57 AM
I am a new user of AppleTV.
I bought 2 HD TV Shows on the TV itself - and that worked fine, and I started watching the movies.
But iTunes on my laptop started synching them across to my harddisk and as it's a MacBook Air, it isn't big enough. I turned off TV Show (and then when that didn't work also Movies) synching with AppleTV in iTunes but it carried on doing it. Because my harddisk filled up I had to delete the shows in iTunes. After doing this a few times, some of the episodes disappeared from the AppleTV and now I don't have them anywhere.

Question 1: How do I download again things that I have bought from the iTunes store on the AppleTV - I can't find any many option for that. When I use "Check Downloads" it doesn't find anything to download.

I found that if I used Store->Check Downloads on iTunes on the MBA the episodes are listed - so I started trying to download them one by one (with the aim of synching them back across to the TV). But I've just noticed that what's being downloaded on the MBA is not HD! I'm getting the episodes but not the HD versions I paid for.

Question 2: How do I stop iTunes on my MBA from pulling big movies and TV shows that I buy on the AppleTV across onto the MBA and filling up the harddisk (but while still being able to sync my music and photos from the MBA to the AppleTV)?

Thanks
Tim

(1) You are getting an SD download to your Air because all HD shows/movies purchased on iTunes gives you both so you can sync the HD with the Apple TV/Computer while the SD is used for the iPod/iPhone.

(2) You cannot get the HD show back without trying to contact support through the iTunes store. They are gone, though if you complain to support about having sync issues with the Apple TV, they may replace them in your queue.

(3) As for your dilemma, the only thing I can think of is to add your Macbook Air computer as a shared device versus a syncing device. Go into the "Settings", then "Computers" on the Apple TV. See if you can delete your current one and add it as a shared library.

(4) Should that not work, simply rename your iTunes library and then add it as a shared library. It should work like this because iTunes should think you still have another iTunes library.