Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jefflesh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I thought I would start a thread on apps that didn't transfer over to the 3GS completely. In my case, I completely backed up mu previous iPhone using iTunes and performed a restore on the 3GS phone. Using this method, I had a varying degree of problems with the following apps:

1) Epic Pet Wars: My pets are gone, I can still access them on Epic Pet War's website just not on my phone so it would seem as if I have to start over. A lot of time was spent on this game in direct competition with my son...lol

2) Sportacular: All my team favorites did not transfer over. Easy fix though, just re-select team favorites and everything is well.

3) Kindle: When I clicked on the book I am reading now it said that there was an error and the book needed to be downloaded again. You do not need to go to Amazons website to do this. My fix was just to select archive in the Kindle application, select the book you want to restore and it will download it again.

If other people are experiencing any oddities, please post them here.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Jeff

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
Loads of apps having been coming out with 3.0 compatibility updates recently, so I'd say just wait it out, there is always a bit of a bump when updating software.

jdburlin

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2008
I had the same thing happen too, I was quite upset.

Super Monkey Ball also didn't transfer, and I had beat that game

Flight Control also failed to keep my high scores

dss

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
NY Times (an app that has been buggy since launch!). If you try to edit your settings, it instantly takes you back to the springboard.

jefflesh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Just a quick update, I e-mailed the guys at epic pet wars and they were able to restore my account. All is good again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.