Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
Ok, I realize that this is one of those "google is your friend" topics, but I've searched for hours and I still can't find anything. I remember reading a response to this in some forums about two weeks ago, but I simply can't find it anymore.

How can I make the keyboard that appears when selecting a UITextField appear without the "slide from below" animation? I just want it to appear as if it had been there all along in invisible mode. Is it even possible?

Thanks

floyde

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2005
Monterrey, México
just a quick look thru the docs i found UIKeyboardAnimationDurationUserInfoKey. i guess you would set it to 0 seconds?

Thanks, i'll look into that one. Is that sdk 3.0 though? Google only yields 2 japanese pages. I guess I'll search from apple's dev site instead.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Thanks, i'll look into that one. Is that sdk 3.0 though? Google only yields 2 japanese pages. I guess I'll search from apple's dev site instead.
Yes, according to the Developer Documentation, "available in iPhone OS 3.0b and later." And I'd suggest normally checking there first before trying Apple's dev site. It's built right into your Xcode.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.