PDA

View Full Version : Fixing an iPod Classic?

Sief9
Jun 20, 2009, 03:39 PM
So I ran out of room in my iPod touch for all my music and my brother has an iPod Classic that he doesn't use because he got a Zune. He said I could use his iPod Classic if I payed to fix it. So how much would it cost to fix it? There's nothing wrong with the hardware, that thing had a huge software failure. It wont even turn on anymore, when you shut it off it'll format itself. It's pretty much done, there's nothing we can do. So how can I fix it and how much would it cost? His warentee is up though.

Thanks!

JediMeister
Jun 21, 2009, 01:48 AM
If there is no hardware failure, why would you have to pay someone to just restore the iPod (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1339), which fixes all software issues isolated to the iPod? It sounds like the issue is with the hard drive...

Scepticalscribe
Jun 21, 2009, 01:49 PM
It also sounds to me as though it is a hardware issue, or possibly a battery failure issue. In the circumstances, I'm not sure that your brother's iPod can be fixed. There is no harm in asking an authorised Apple dealer, but I'd imagine - as it has run out of warranty - that it may cost you more to have it mended than it would cost you to purchase a new iPod.

Cheers and good luck