PDA

View Full Version : backlight keyboard on 15" 1.33ghz powerbook?

fistful
May 22, 2004, 04:55 PM
does the 15" 1.33ghz powerbook come with a backlight keyboard? If it doesn't I'm going to kill someone, as my pb has already shipped. otherwise I may of sprang for the 1.5ghz.....though over 3k(Canadian), I just couldn't justify spending that much.

anyways the reason I asked is I just presumed from hearing people talk it came on all 15" pbs stock, I was just looking at the tech specs at the apple site and by that it seems to only come with the 15" 1.5ghz and 17" pbs.

Is this so? ...please say it isn't so? :(

hvfsl
May 22, 2004, 05:03 PM
Only the 1.5Ghz 15inch and the 17inch come with the backlite keyboard as standard, you have to select it as an option with the 1.33Ghz PowerBook. I didn't reallly think it was worth it, so I left it out on mine.

So if you did not specifically ask for it when you ordered, it wont come with it.

fistful
May 22, 2004, 05:10 PM
SONOFA#!$@ING****!!!!!!! :mad: I totally missed that when I made the order!

I almost feel like throwing up I'm so pissed!

hvfsl
May 22, 2004, 05:15 PM
SONOFA#!$@ING****!!!!!!! :mad: I totally missed that when I made the order!

I almost feel like throwing up I'm so pissed!

Can't you send it back? In the UK you are allowed to send an item back upto a week after it has arrived, if it has not been opened.

I know how you feel, the first PowerBook I got was a G3 with the crappy DSTN screen and I did not realise until I had got it home, by which time it was too late to take it back.

fistful
May 22, 2004, 06:02 PM
I don't know if I could do that, I'd be so tempted to open it and just keep it without!

I guess I could do that, though wouldn't I have to pay to ship it back to them?

hvfsl
May 22, 2004, 06:26 PM
I don't know if I could do that, I'd be so tempted to open it and just keep it without!

I guess I could do that, though wouldn't I have to pay to ship it back to them?

Yeah, you will have to arange for someone to send it back to Apple. I think you should just keep it though, since you can always get a USB light or something, ir you use the laptop in the dark a lot.

Powerbook G5
May 22, 2004, 08:02 PM
You can send it to me and I will send you my 1.25 GHz PowerBook with the backlit keyboard, only slightly used. :D

zach007
May 22, 2004, 11:16 PM
If it means that much to you definitely send it back. Why keep something you're only going to wish you would have got better? I have the 1.5ghz backlit key board and I am sooo glad I got it. Sometimes I just sit in a darker room just because it is so cool. It a major plus for me. But thats just my 2 cents worth... :rolleyes:

virividox
May 23, 2004, 04:24 AM
once you open it up and get to playing around with it you wont feel like sending it back :)

admitedly the backlight is a plus if u work in the dark; but if you are a touch typist shouldnt make much of a diff

fistful
May 23, 2004, 12:42 PM
nah I'm search and peck sort of typist! :rolleyes:

This backlit keyboard seem to have been invented for people like me, for the most part I use computers late at night with all the lights off.

I think I'll give Apple a call and see if there is anything that can be done about it.