PDA

View Full Version : My 2,W,S amd X keys not working on my ibook g3. What's the problem

iluvgr8tdeals
Jun 20, 2009, 07:46 PM
I have been using my restored ibook for about 3 months now with no problem. One day, I found out that my 2, w, s, and x keys did not work. The other keys work and the computer otherwise functions without a problem.

I used my imac keyboard using the usb port, and it worked perfectly. What could be the problem. Will replacing the keyboard help?

Thanks in advance.

r.j.s
Jun 20, 2009, 07:47 PM
Try resetting the PRAM ... Command-Option-P-R on boot.

crazyrog17
Jun 20, 2009, 07:59 PM
This happened to an old Compaq laptop I had. It seems one of the traces in the keyboard broke somehow, so it rendered the 3 E D C row dead. Same thing could have happened to your iBook. I suppose the best thing to do would be replace it, or get used to using an external keyboard.

iluvgr8tdeals
Aug 20, 2009, 02:58 AM
I have been using my restored ibook for about 3 months now with no problem. One day, I found out that my 2, w, s, and x keys did not work. The other keys work and the computer otherwise functions without a problem.

I used my imac keyboard using the usb port, and it worked perfectly. What could be the problem. Will replacing the keyboard help?

Thanks in advance.

I tried to reset the PRAM as advised, but I ended up just replacing the keyboard that I bought on ebay! I am leaving an answer for anyone who might find themselves in this predicament in the future!