Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Felicitera

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
Hi there,

I have a Macbook pro running the latest version of OSX, and iTunes version 8.2. I have an iPod Classic, 80GB, that is about 1.5 - 2 years old. I had the hard drive replaced about 1 year ago because it crashed.

I also have an obsession with Jeff Buckley, but my iPod clearly disapproves. I ripped one of his CDs into my iTunes at the 256kb (VBR) rate, 44.1khz. I plugged in my iPod, and it synched. However, the Buckley songs were not copied across. I opted to manually manage music, emptied my iPod, and dragged all the songs across. Everything appears to be there, except the Jeff Buckley.

I reset my iPod, and tried again - still no dice.

I reset it again, and tried again. This time, I checked the "music" tab under my iPod from within iTunes - and hello, there's the Buckley. I can even play it from there. However, I disconnect my iPod, and he disappears.

WTF? :confused:

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

glassx

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2007
select the songs and choose get info. make sure artist and album artist are jeff buckley also check the sorting tab. happened to me with a jeff buckley album too

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.