Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leeus

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Hi all,

New app that locates ships and displays them on a Google map view..

1.jpg

Get it here.

We have many feeds across the world and are constantly looking for more to integrate into the app.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Can you search for ships by name? My car is about to be shipped from the factory, and I'd love to be able to track the boat by name as it crosses over the pond to me stateside.

javaGuru

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2007
might be useful to Somali pirates :p

LOL, I can see the commercial now... "want to hijack a cargo ship and hold it's crew hostage but are not sure where to find these ships? Well, there's an App for that!" :D

leeus

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2005
Can you search for ships by name? My car is about to be shipped from the factory, and I'd love to be able to track the boat by name as it crosses over the pond to me stateside.

Unfortunately not as the feeds are based on radio waves they are quite specific. You may see it in the English Channel and as for USA we have NYC Harbour, Baltimore and Oregon if that helps.

And for some strange reason we can''t seem to find a feed around somalia! :D:D:D

leeus

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2005
1.2 just got released.

No Somalian feed but Vancouver/Seattle, newfoundland amongst others!

:D:D:D:D:D

leeus

macrumors member
Original poster
May 4, 2005
If you live by the sea then a lot of people are interested. Especially if you live near a busy port.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.