PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 for Mac?

Lost
Jul 5, 2002, 10:18 AM
Does anyone know when/if Doom 3 will come out for Mac? ISTR reading ages ago that it would come out for OS X simultaneously with the PC version...

TIA

Lost

job
Jul 5, 2002, 10:51 AM
I really don't know, but any thoughts of a Mac port are a long way off since the game won't come out for the PC for a couple more years.

coolocity
Jul 5, 2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by hitman
I really don't know, but any thoughts of a Mac port are a long way off since the game won't come out for the PC for a couple more years.

Pretty sure it's set for early 2003 - Should be a dual platform CD as well - they just work best for everyone.. and they ensure that mac owners won't get games delayed again and again.

- John

job
Jul 5, 2002, 02:28 PM
It would be nice to see it come out in early 2003, but I have read a lot of conflicting articles about the tentative release date. I hope it will be on a hybrid cd since the only "computer" store within a 30 mile radius is Best Buy ( :rolleyes: ) and they don't carry any Mac software. Bigots. :D

mmmdreg
Jul 13, 2002, 08:21 AM
at least it's pretty definite that it will come out for Mac...

Pants
Jul 13, 2002, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by coolocity

Pretty sure it's set for early 2003 - Should be a dual platform CD as well - they just work best for everyone.. and they ensure that mac owners won't get games delayed again and again.

- John

Initially, quake 3 was supposed to be a dual boot cd...and was it?.....grr.....

jadam
Jul 13, 2002, 06:42 PM
Quake III gold is a hybrid CD. Doom III WILL come out for Macs, look at the E3 Doom III video interviews with carmack, he has an iMac right next to his workstation.

job
Jul 13, 2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by jadam
Quake III gold is a hybrid CD. Doom III WILL come out for Macs, look at the E3 Doom III video interviews with carmack, he has an iMac right next to his workstation.

I just wish they could have made RtCW a dual CD. Oh well. The original for the PC sells now for $29.99

The Mac version still costs $49.99. Grrr....