PDA

View Full Version : Apple Store and Despatch in the UK

engelhart
May 23, 2004, 11:32 AM
Hi

I ordered a custom Powerbook 17" exactly a week ago and was given an estimated shipping date of the 31/05/2004. Then on Thursday, I went to check its status and it said everything had shipped and gave me shipping numbers for every part of the consignment except the powerbook itself, which just said shipped but didn't have the shipping agent and consignment number like the other parts of the order.

I have been trying to check the reference number with TNT now for a number of days and it says it is not found.

Am I to presume that all the other parts are in the Netherlands (as they state they have been shipped by TNT NL) and the Powerbook is currently winging its way to the Netherlands by a different company for integration or is something a bit odd going on.

I just started to get paranoid with all the bad reports on TNT and Apple in the UK!

Cheers

Simon (desperately waiting to complete the switch!)

CrackedButter
May 23, 2004, 03:03 PM
Seems to be a normal thing with Apple UK. I just bought a laptop and they didn't know where it was for ages, then one day it was out on delivery, the day I DIDN'T wait for it and missed it!