PDA

View Full Version : I phone 2 g pay as you go question

chaycarroll
Jun 21, 2009, 01:40 PM
i bought a used 2g iphone that the guy restored to factory settings again so its at the actvation screen..

could i take it in to att and get a pay as you go card and have them activate it with that or would i need to unlock it first then go there and pick up a pay as you go sim..

and one more question do they still have sims for pay as you go on 2g. i remember they did awhile back and you could pay like 30 a month for unlimited internet on pay as u go..just wondering if they still have anything like that for 2g.

thanks

Ratpack1961
Jun 21, 2009, 03:41 PM
An itunes update or firmware update stopped allowing people to officially use go phone sim cards. It used to be that you would enter 999-999-9999 as your ssn during the activation screen, then it would give you the option for go phone. Doesn't work anymore.

To use go phone on an iphone you'll need to unlock and jailbreak it. I recommend downloading pwnagetool to do this. You'll also need to download the ipsw file of the firmware you wish to use on the iphone as pwnage tool will modify it to unlock and jailbreak.