PDA

View Full Version : Kodak printing in iPhoto too expensive!

coolbreeze
May 23, 2004, 04:01 PM
I was going to order 13 5x7 photos from my friend's graduation, and was shocked at the cost. It was close to $22 with taxes, etc.

Instead, I ordered a 13-page book using iPhoto. Total cost $37.90 with shipping.

IMO, a much better gift than a stack of individual photos. Actually, a great deal, considering the quality of the product.

She's going to be very excited when this lands in her mailbox. I'm laying the groundwork for a visit this summer muahahha :p (she just moved to San Diego).

Inspector Lee
May 23, 2004, 06:20 PM
I was going to order 13 5x7 photos from my friend's graduation, and was shocked at the cost. It was close to $22 with taxes, etc.

Instead, I ordered a 13-page book using iPhoto. Total cost $37.90 with shipping.

IMO, a much better gift than a stack of individual photos. Actually, a great deal, considering the quality of the product.

She's going to be very excited when this lands in her mailbox. I'm laying the groundwork for a visit this summer muahahha :p (she just moved to San Diego).

The books are great. I've given 7 as gifts and made one of my cat for the house. Photo prices are a bit on the expensive side but when you take into consideration the removal of the hassle-factor involved with printing them yourself, I feel it is worth the extra cost. You could always shop for a cheaper alternative.

And yes, it is always good to lay the groundwork before you lay the pipe.
:D

mkrishnan
May 23, 2004, 07:23 PM
The books are great.

Could you please post a picture of what the binding looks like? I'm kinda curious.

Also does it handle multiple resolutions or formats (like if some photos are landscape and others portrait) fairly well?

Abstract
May 24, 2004, 07:02 AM
Yeah, I'd like to see a pic as well.

Squire
May 24, 2004, 07:52 AM
The books are great. I've given 7 as gifts and made one of my cat for the house. Photo prices are a bit on the expensive side but when you take into consideration the removal of the hassle-factor involved with printing them yourself, I feel it is worth the extra cost. You could always shop for a cheaper alternative.

For what it's worth, the final price of the photos and the estimated price are not always the same. I ordered some prints of my kids recently (hassle-free, of course) and got them shipped to my parents. the estimated total was $40 but I only got billed for $35 after all was said and done. I don't know why the estimated price would be different. Perhaps the number of packages shipped- which depends on the various sizes you order- has an effect on the cost. Dunno. My folks were ecstatic, though, and said the pics were great.

Squire