Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a13x

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
I plan on installing Win 7 on my MBP but will I be able to delete and restore the partition back to my Mac installation once I'm done with it?

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Yep

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
You can use the Boot Camp utility to remove the partition once you are done, or you can use Disk Utility to reformat the whole drive and reinstall everything

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

a13x

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
So to recap:
I'm going to make a 20GB BootCamp partition and install Win 7. However, when I need the space again, I can just repartition the space back to my Mac installation without having to go through any "loop holes"?

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Just delete the partition by using the Boot Camp Utility again

You could also save yourself the hassle of partitioning by running it virtualized with Parallels/Fusion or Virtual Box (free)

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
So to recap:
I'm going to make a 20GB BootCamp partition and install Win 7. However, when I need the space again, I can just repartition the space back to my Mac installation without having to go through any "loop holes"?

Yes. Just re-open the Boot Camp Assistant and this will be the first thing that pops up (NOTE: ignore the red arrows, I used this pic in a different thread to highlight someone's ignorance).
Picture1-5.png

a13x

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
I figured that the best choice would be VirtualBox...everything is set up and running now! :p Thanks for the help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.