Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bethany-Wings

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Okay, so the other day, I was going to attempt to jailbreak my iTouch, but after restoring it, I just gave up without doing anything more than restoring it.

After that, it didn't want to play ANY of the songs I bought off iTunes!! NONE of them! Then, it didn't want to open up the apps! It would go into it...get a black screen...and then return to the page I was on. The preloaded apps, such as contacts and such worked, but not the ones I downloaded from iTunes!

NOW, I restored my iTouch again, so see if I could get anything fixed, but when it finished the restore, it turned on...and while it was syncing, I could SEE the apps popping up!! Normally, when it connects to the computer and syncs, it will pop up a screen that has the energy bar and the "cancel sync" slide bar. However, now, it just has the normal screen, as if it were only recharging, and I can go into it and play around with the apps (I CAN go into the apps and play them if I wanted! WHAT THE HECK!?).

Luckily, I'm getting a new iTouch in two months (with the computer), but I need this to be fixed so I can sell it to someone!! HELP ME!

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Okay, so the other day, I was going to attempt to jailbreak my iTouch, but after restoring it, I just gave up without doing anything more than restoring it.

After that, it didn't want to play ANY of the songs I bought off iTunes!! NONE of them! Then, it didn't want to open up the apps! It would go into it...get a black screen...and then return to the page I was on. The preloaded apps, such as contacts and such worked, but not the ones I downloaded from iTunes!

NOW, I restored my iTouch again, so see if I could get anything fixed, but when it finished the restore, it turned on...and while it was syncing, I could SEE the apps popping up!! Normally, when it connects to the computer and syncs, it will pop up a screen that has the energy bar and the "cancel sync" slide bar. However, now, it just has the normal screen, as if it were only recharging, and I can go into it and play around with the apps (I CAN go into the apps and play them if I wanted! WHAT THE HECK!?).

Luckily, I'm getting a new iTouch in two months (with the computer), but I need this to be fixed so I can sell it to someone!! HELP ME!

So...you are saying you cannot sync your iPod?

Bethany-Wings

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Well, technically, I'm syncing it, but I'm not sure if I can still play the iTunes songs on my iTouch. It's just that I can go onto the thing and USE it while it's loading. THAT'S not normal! (by the way, I'm still on 2.2.1)

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
Well, technically, I'm syncing it, but I'm not sure if I can still play the iTunes songs on my iTouch. It's just that I can go onto the thing and USE it while it's loading. THAT'S not normal! (by the way, I'm still on 2.2.1)

Oh...well, have you tried a restore? Although, that might bring you to 3.0:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.