Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
I have a Dual 1 Gig Quicksilver Mac. Recently, my Superdrive went DOA, so I replaced it with a new Pioneer DVD 107D firmware 1.10. It shows as AppleShipped and DiskCopy does recognize it.

Here is the problem.

It DOES burn CD images just fine.
It DOES burn DVD DATA images fine
But I have a problem with DVD Video images.
The same image I have successfully burned with the A104 OEM in my Mac now burns with the new drive but it is no longer playable on my JVC DVD Player. I am using the same media and Toast 6.0.5.

So, i know its a valid DVD Video image, and I know th media works for my player (I have burned many iDVD projects), but now, I get successful burned disks that only play in Mac or PCs and not on any set top DVD player.

Apple no longer has a list of compatible DVD players that I can find.

I need to know if anyone is aware of subtle changes between the 104 and 107 and how I can rectify the problem.

dano the mano

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2004
detroit
DVD Burner ISSUE

Hey there, i'm a nube to the dvd stuff.. what drive or drives will be compatible with dvd studio pro.. can i get internal or just external?
your help would be much appreciated. sorry i can't help you with your problem as of yet.

thanks

d

seamuskrat

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
New Jersey USA
Player says NO DISC on the LCD display. On the TV, it never recognizs the disk as anything. On my JVC, there is a graphic that shows a DVD vido, or audio CD, etc.
maxvamp said:
Need to know what are you seeing when playing the disc in the JVC. Any playability at all?

Max.

maxvamp

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2002
Somewhere out there
A couple of more questions, bear with me..

Is the disc you are using a R or RW ? Also, is it a plus or minus ( I am assuming a minus, but I want to be safe ).

Max

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.